Cricket survey - All welcome

Irrespective of the composition issues and value for money considerations, the bigger issue is the actual release date.

Last year’s BBL release was a problem for collectors who use the cards for IPs, and the lateness of the release was a real problem on that front. This will become even more of an issue in 2019/20 with CA already stating that the WBBL will become a stand alone competition to start off the cricket season, with games moved into the October-November period.

We know that the men’s BBL “window” for finishing their teams has recently been between early August & early December.

These dates will no doubt impact on when team sets can be finalised for inclusion in a release.

So all good to include WBBL in the upcoming release this year, but broader issues with release arrangement moving forward.

Also any word on whether TnP will continue with the split release approach this season, ie a test release & a BBL release?

Haven't heard any rumours at all about any up coming releases but i would imagine TnP got plenty of feedback on the release dates with the last BBL and Ashes, they were far too late. I dont collect IP sigs but can understand the frustration for people who do. It's not a question in the survey because i would imagine they know what needs to be done there.

Wow.... And here I was thinking Neanderthal ideals were extinct???

The Women's teams have produced far more success and titles than the men's team on a poofteenth of the money, with many of the women actually playing the game for the love of it and for the pride in the baggy green. It's in my lifetime that the women had to take unpaid leave to represent their country, pay for their own flights, accomodation and there was no such thing as sponsorship other than small gifts of money from family and friends. They have more guts, determination and pride than some of their male counterparts and a hell of a lot less of an ego too!! You'll never see a scrap of cheating or sandpaper in the women's game!!! How very dare they ask to be recognised equally in pay, in rights and in benefits!!! You clearly have no idea how much the women have given up for the sport!! It's only now that CA is starting to chart history to honour the girls who represented in the past, not just the current. 50/50 is completely fair!!!! One Aussie Country, two national teams with men's and women's = 50/50 split in the cards, and whatever you don't want, I'll have!!! Including the rare cards that you'd be squabbling over in a 80/20 split!!

**steps off soapbox**
The women’s game itself and all their troubles to get where they are now is kind of irrelevant in regards to how a cricket card set is split between the two genders. You almost implied that @BLOWN8 is a misogynist. The men’s game has always been more marketable and probably always will be. That’s not to say the popularity of the women can’t continue to rise.

I normally don't put my 5 bobs worth forward but I will here.

If you post a comment on OZCT and you DON'T like receiving criticism of YOUR PERSONAL opinions then may I suggest that you don't air them on here and then retaliate when somebody has a go at you. There are plenty of other places you can go and carry on like this.

Personal Opinions are just that, opinions. Everybody has a different view on what should constitute the make up of a set. I have mine but won't air it here as it will be completely different to other people's ideas.

The aim of the site should be to buy/sell/trade your cards, post want's lists, ask for help with finding cards or checklists and sharing collections etc. I myself enjoy going through and reading posts that have interesting pieces of information contained in them but as far as putting opinions across, I think you need to consider taking them and putting them somewhere else.

We need to be finding ways to attract people to the cricket card collectors market not loosing them. Increasing interest in OZCT is what we should all be doing not driving them away.

@Matt26 I would ask you to make this known to admin.

I normally don't put my 5 bobs worth forward but I will here.

If you post a comment on OZCT and you DON'T like receiving criticism of YOUR PERSONAL opinions then may I suggest that you don't air them on here and then retaliate when somebody has a go at you. There are plenty of other places you can go and carry on like this.

Personal Opinions are just that, opinions. Everybody has a different view on what should constitute the make up of a set. I have mine but won't air it here as it will be completely different to other people's ideas.

The aim of the site should be to buy/sell/trade your cards, post want's lists, ask for help with finding cards or checklists and sharing collections etc. I myself enjoy going through and reading posts that have interesting pieces of information contained in them but as far as putting opinions across, I think you need to consider taking them and putting them somewhere else.

We need to be finding ways to attract people to the cricket card collectors market not loosing them. Increasing interest in OZCT is what we should all be doing not driving them away.

@Matt26 I would ask you to make this known to admin.

Saying opinions should be kept away from the forum is an interesting point of view, probably not really what a forum is for though. I’d be more of the opinion that everyone is entitled to have their say but as everyone’s is different don’t shoot someone down because you don’t agree, that’s what’s wrong with the world. Let’s not be over sensitive about this. If we can’t have an opinion or a thought on a subject without getting criticised because someone else doesn’t agree then what’s the point. It’s not that I don’t like criticism at all, but why criticise me because you don’t agree. Everyone is entitled to have a say, that’s how companies get feedback from a wide range of people and can hopefully use that to better that product to meet demand. You whole comment astounds me, but it’s your opinion so are entitled to it. See how that works lol.

Saying opinions should be kept away from the forum is an interesting point of view, probably not really what a forum is for though. I’d be more of the opinion that everyone is entitled to have their say but as everyone’s is different don’t shoot someone down because you don’t agree, that’s what’s wrong with the world. Let’s not be over sensitive about this. If we can’t have an opinion or a thought on a subject without getting criticised because someone else doesn’t agree then what’s the point. It’s not that I don’t like criticism at all, but why criticise me because you don’t agree. Everyone is entitled to have a say, that’s how companies get feedback from a wide range of people and can hopefully use that to better that product to meet demand. You whole comment astounds me, but it’s your opinion so are entitled to it. See how that works lol.

It's truly sad to see that my comments have been mis-interpreted. Hence why I don't usually post on here. It's simply not worth the hassle and a further reason that I refuse to post anything on other Social Networking sites. The written word is very badly interpreted and it is so sad to see.

I know how marketing works. Unlike many I did study it a long time ago and have worked in a variety of places where marketing has been a major facet of the business so I do know how these things work.

I am not saying that opinions shouldn't be allowed. I'm simply saying that if you post an opinion don't whinge and bitch when somebody else comes along with a differing opinion. That is the choice you make.

Anyway, keep firing away. I won't be wasting my time looking at this thread again.

It's truly sad to see that my comments have been mis-interpreted. Hence why I don't usually post on here. It's simply not worth the hassle and a further reason that I refuse to post anything on other Social Networking sites. The written word is very badly interpreted and it is so sad to see.

I know how marketing works. Unlike many I did study it a long time ago and have worked in a variety of places where marketing has been a major facet of the business so I do know how these things work.

I am not saying that opinions shouldn't be allowed. I'm simply saying that if you post an opinion don't whinge and bitch when somebody else comes along with a differing opinion. That is the choice you make.

Anyway, keep firing away. I won't be wasting my time looking at this thread again.

Wasn’t having a whinge earlier, just clearing up something as someone misunderstood my opinion on cards and thought I was against women’s cricket, which I’m not. If someone attacks my character because of my views on cards then of course I’d like right of reply to clear that up. I think I understood exact what you were saying. Don’t get upset mate, they are just opinions.
Now back on track, fill out the survey if you want to have a say.

It'd be good if the BBL sigs are actually put in to the packets and not sold separately at a later time as a cash flow injection.

Here here, about time people are catching on to what they are really up too. Btw it's all codes they produce and has been going on since day one. Their distributors have been making a mint doing this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom