Crazy card stories that you got lucky or fluked a win.

I came back in about 2008-09 I think, Derrick Rose RC year, what made you bin Curry Rc’s out of interest? Not criticising
Man feel so sorry for rose he was just outta the league.. friggin ankles taking out amazing players.
Well curry had no value to me and well from what i remember not much to anybody at the time. Think it was blake griffin everyone was going for 09/10. They were only base cards and was only keeping hills that i didnt have. Ive never really held onto rc's so very few actually become a star that actually gain value. Oh and with all the many boxes ive busted only 1 grant hill auto go figure lol

Last edited:
Broke a box of Star Wars Galaxy a few years back, hit rate for sketch cards was normally 1 per box.
I ended up getting 9 sketch cards out of 24 packs in a box. Feel sorry if anyone ever missed out on a sketch in their box because my box was loaded!
Gotta love those mental over odds boxes. What a win

My bro and I went in a random re-pack break recently, all NFL/NBA/MLB teams in...

I collect NFL, bro collects NBA.

So when we ended up drawing the Yankees, we both thought "Uurgh, a stupid baseball team!"

Then jagged this thing:

Attachments

• 20200904_113914.jpg
    20200904_113914.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 154
My bro and I went in a random re-pack break recently, all NFL/NBA/MLB teams in...

So when we ended up drawing the Yankees, we both thought "Uurgh, a stupid baseball team!"

Then jagged this thing:
Marcus...people dream of pulling a card like that Babe..thats awesome! congrats

A little add on to my earlier post, was just going through what 2018 prizm world cup soccer cards I have after reading about some of the prices on cards. Well, not only do I have the mbappe 'rc' card I also happened to pull the Lionel Messi and neymar jr red and blue waves. Both red and blues have sold in decent triple figures. Thank you ass pulls. 😊😊😊😊

Then jagged this thing:
Nuts just nuts. Hope you guys got some sweet $ on the move!

Seeing these stories are in the general forum,this is my lucky pickup.I have told this story to a few members,but would like to update it.While looking around the markets i found a rugby league folder full of cards,i unzipped it,looked at the pages inside,then closed it and asked how much for it.The seller said 30.00.I gave him the money and went home.All the cards were common cards apart from this card.My favourite card of all time.
1606614488570560989096.jpg

In the 92/93 Hoops basketball set I got the draft redemption card. I had no idea what it was, so asked the person at the card shop where I bought it. I was told it wasn't redeemable from australia and was offered $15 for it. It wasn't cash either, I think i got 5 packs of cards for it. I mentioned it to someone a few months later and he told me it was one per case, and he would've given me $200 on the spot. I hated that card shop for ripping off a kid.

A few years later I got the Shane Warne hat trick card (not auto). At a different card shop and was offered $60 cash or 18 packs of cards. He even told me how much his shop would be selling it for (~$150 from what I remember). I took the cards because I valued quantity over quality.

The only 2 cards I ever got that had some value as a kid, and two very different experiences.

I got an E-mail yesterday saying a concert for Sneaky sound system was cancelled and the money was refunded so I went in a box break and got a second year National Treasure Ja Morant patch on card auto, right time to get the right spot in the break and wouldn’t be in the break if didn’t get the money back,
1648091824144.png

also in the 90’s I purchased a basketball magazine and it had a packet of Topps Stadium club stuck to the front, I have never purchased TSC and it’s the only packet I ever opened and got this,
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom