COMC Mailbox Thread

This is the shipping options on 26 items I'm looking at doing soon from COMC to me

IMG_1695.jpg

Ha, it used to be easier! Just have your COMC address correct and get stuff sent there!

By that it just means having gone through the "submit items" process in your dashboard, they will know items are coming and match it up wiht the paperwork in your box/package.

Having just thought of that, are you thinking of sending yourself to list items there or have it for an eBay seller to send stuff you buy there? Just trying to think how the seller would be able to get that paperwork in the package if you are completing it. Maybe you'd have to say to the seller you need to send them some paperwork to include in the package can you send it to their email? This is where it could get annoying for the seller.

Hmmmm, I am just buying......

I cant see a "submit items" section under buying stuff? Only selling.....

So I have to tell them what I have coming into the mailbox? so they can match up paperwork?

Gosh....

I don't think this is the case at all if you are just buying. I have only ever bought a few cards at a time and combine them with cards I buy from the site. I collect a few sets every season and fill the insert sets I don't get from boxes. All I've ever needed to do is to declare the value of the cards that were not purchased through the site. This bumps up the postage cost for some reason, but not by too much so it's not worth BS'ing them.
So if you're just buying, as long as you can cop the extra processing fees, the postage is still quite reasonable. I use the cheapest option since I never have more than about $50 worth of cards in a shipment. If you're buying high-end stuff it would be advisable to go for the quicker shipping options with tracking.

Hmmmm, I am just buying......

I cant see a "submit items" section under buying stuff? Only selling.....

So I have to tell them what I have coming into the mailbox? so they can match up paperwork?

Gosh....

Yep if you're sending stuff to them it's the submit items under seller menu.

Not sure how they would process it though, $3 per card or $3 per package, it's not clear here:

IMG_1696.jpg

I don't think this is the case at all if you are just buying. I have only ever bought a few cards at a time and combine them with cards I buy from the site. I collect a few sets every season and fill the insert sets I don't get from boxes. All I've ever needed to do is to declare the value of the cards that were not purchased through the site. This bumps up the postage cost for some reason, but not by too much so it's not worth BS'ing them.
So if you're just buying, as long as you can cop the extra processing fees, the postage is still quite reasonable. I use the cheapest option since I never have more than about $50 worth of cards in a shipment. If you're buying high-end stuff it would be advisable to go for the quicker shipping options with tracking.

Yes if you are buying from the actual COMC sellers then sending it to you yes, but I think we are talking about using it as a hub to get stuff sent to from eBay sellers, collating it at COMC inventory and then forwarding it home to AUS correct @buyingstuffformikelee ?

Yes if you are buying from the actual COMC sellers then sending it to you yes, but I think we are talking about using it as a hub to get stuff sent to from eBay sellers, collating it at COMC inventory and then forwarding it home to AUS correct @buyingstuffformikelee ?

Yes, thats correct.

So, do I neeed to do anything? I was just about to have cards sent there cause he won't ship to Australia.

Yes, thats correct.

So, do I neeed to do anything? I was just about to have cards sent there cause he won't ship to Australia.

If you're happy to just cop the extra charge this one time then you don't need to do the paperwork submit thing. If it was going to be regular, I'd figure it out, contact them and ask for advice or something. Just didn't bother me as I just shipped out what was probably my last lot from there. Maybe.....lol

If you're happy to just cop the extra charge this one time then you don't need to do the paperwork submit thing. If it was going to be regular, I'd figure it out, contact them and ask for advice or something. Just didn't bother me as I just shipped out what was probably my last lot from there. Maybe.....lol

Ok, cool. I just didn't want my card to go awol on the very first go.

It won't be regular, its a once off. Or maybe twice. I really want a shot at a card that i'm after is all.

I might do a cheap win and see what hapens first maybe.

Thanks heaps. The $3.90 per card (graded) @ comc plus the $1 fee for "supplies" after processing + shipping is a bit of a joke. Been a massive COMC fan for 3-4 years now (can see my active posts in this thread and I have defended them on many occasions, but this is the death knell).

yes agree mate, hiking the prices up without prior notice as well, has cost me a bomb. I had about 20+ cards ready to be processed when boom, price hike, and some of this is low end stuff. Going from $2 to $3.60, its just not worth using as regular as I used too.

Last edited:

I got my first ever Mailday!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

It worked, liking everything so far in the process.

anyone used the COMC Review grading option? ($2)

What does it say once done? Mint, Gem Mint, etc or Estimated BGS 9 etc ?

Was looking at this as an option before BGS because last time I went straight for the BGS option there was some fingerprints and bad corners not shown in scan that brought the grade down.

Was looking at this as an option before BGS because last time I went straight for the BGS option there was some fingerprints and bad corners not shown in scan that brought the grade down.

I have and you're on the money.

It will say Nr Mt or Mt etc

Mine just said excellent, that's it

Guys, if anyone is looking to deposit money into COMC, let me know!
I am looking to get some money out! lets do a deal!

Will give 10% bonus credit on top of what you want to put in. Up to a maximum of $800 usd.
meaning for example;
you give me 150usd in paypal, I give you 165usd in comc.
you give me 300usd in paypal, I give you 330usd in comc
(or you can send me the equivalent paypal AUD)

How it works;
You buy the cheapest card on the COMC site, change the price to the amount we are exchanging, then I buy that card from you.
simples.

Back
Top Bottom