Competition COMC Black Friday Competition Thread

Billy Kilmer 2008 Press Pass Emerald 1/25 for only $0.95. Lowest print run of any Kilmer on COMC with other more plentiful runs going for 10-20X the $0,95 price.

2008 Press Pass [???] #90 - [Missing] /25
Purchased for $0.95
Courtesy of COMC.com

Product Hit, 1/1 from Huber Expensive product !!!

2011 Topps Tier One Cut Signatures #CS-CH - Catfish Hunter
Purchased for $25.00
Courtesy of COMC.com

Ok, it's time to announce the winner of the Black Friday contest. Unfortunately, we didn't get as much feedback as we were hoping, and almost no discussion on what was the better deal, so we decided to just do a random drawing of everyone who posted a card and give that lucky winner a box of cards based on the sport of their choice.

So, we assigned everyone a number, as seen in the list below:

1 - Bobm811
2 - Greg_B
3 - nichj99
4 - ULfan
5 - Reignman40
6 - mike_trout
7 - BruzDB
8 - jkidd05
9 - Ghost
10 - alanch
11 - Prototype
12 - BigRed
13 - wjrwebber
14 - Swipe79
15 - GarnettFan4Life
16 - edag
17 - stergeon

then we went to Random.org and asked it to give us a number between 1-17.

They came back with the number "12", so congrats to BigRed for being our OzCardTrader winner. Please contact me (either here or via email - [email protected]) with your COMC username and favorite sport, and we'll get to work on acquiring a box of cards from that sport, that we'll break and deposit into your port.

Everyone else can contact me with your username and I'll drop 100 history points into your account.

Thanks to all for being a part of this!

Last edited:
Can I ask why the change of rules? Winner was supposed to be the one with the most likes on the bargain they got? No mention on the discussion of the of the deals at all.
Happy to get any reward at all so at least I can contribute something to when I do some more challenges.
Comc userid is Reignman40

I gotta be honest here; the contest wasn't planned/executed as well as it could have been - we should have been a lot clearer as to our expectations in the initial post and things got muddled along the way, so it was decided to open it up and give everyone an equal chance to win. If OzcardTrader gives us another chance to do something like this, I'm sure it'll be a lot better.

I understand that Moe, but even straight from the blog, the competition states "We’ll let the community cast their vote on who got the best deal over the weekend." How is a random.org choice letting the people decide?

Not gonna lie @Moe@COMC under the original rules I should be the winner. It's a bit of a kick in the guts to then have that taken away AFTER the entries had closed. There was days that this comp ran for that it could have been changed, and wasn't. I'm sure it was monitored along the way too.

Not taking anything away from BigRed, congrats on the win mate.

I understand that Moe, but even straight from the blog, the competition states "We’ll let the community cast their vote on who got the best deal over the weekend." How is a random.org choice letting the people decide?

It's not and I'm sorry...Balls got dropped on this one.

Not gonna lie @Moe@COMC under the original rules I should be the winner. It's a bit of a kick in the guts to then have that taken away AFTER the entries had closed. There was days that this comp ran for that it could have been changed, and wasn't. I'm sure it was monitored along the way too.

Not taking anything away from BigRed, congrats on the win mate.

I totally agree; may I offer you $25 in store credit as a compensation? It's not much, but it's within my power to do. Let me know, ok?

I really doubt that many people took the time to look through everyone else 'deals' with the exception of people who posted in the thread which is why there are only a few likes scattered across the posts. Not sure how it could be done better, but I'm sure its plausible.

comc account - wjrwebber

Back
Top Bottom