graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Please note we require any members who wish to run a presale/case share/set share (or any other variation you can think of) to gain approval BEFORE putting out expressions of interest.

In future any "Expressions of Interest" presale/case share/set share (or any other variation you can think of) threads will be removed unless the person running it has contacted us seeking approval for the presale/case share/set share (or any other variation you can think of) first.

Just to clarify, there are to be NO presales, expressions of interest, pre sales, case buys, group set buys, set shares, group buys, group breaks, group hugs or any other group variations on this site unless approved by us.

If you want to buy, sell or trade cards or any other items you MUST have them in hand, unless you have cleared it with us prior. If our refusal and non approval is going to offend you, you're probably better off not asking.

Thanks
Graham

Last edited:
My bad!

I posted a link in NRL about a case share.

I assumed it was logical to see if there was any interest first before asking 'permission' to actually run it.

This is of course my own fault. I rarely read the updated rules of the site.

My apologies.

While on this subject then......What is the best method to ask for approval?

PM a Mod?
PM a Admin?
PM them both?

I suggest a thread started by Admin that people can post on requesting approval and then simply report the post to get your attention. That way it won't clog up the Admin and Mods "Inbox" or get lost amongst all the other PM's you guys get.

Food for thought anyways

I suppose because I asked you thought I wanted to do one.......incorrect (I don't intend on requesting to conduct a Case Share in the near future)

I wasn't asking for me Graham, I was asking for everyone!

So for those that may like to request approval to run a Case Share, how do you prefer they request? Or currently, it is just a straight out - No Case Shares on OCT?

Cheers

While on this subject then......What is the best method to ask for approval?

PM a Mod?
PM a Admin?
PM them both?

I suggest a thread started by Admin that people can post on requesting approval and then simply report the post to get your attention. That way it won't clog up the Admin and Mods "Inbox" or get lost amongst all the other PM's you guys get.

Food for thought anyways

None of the above. Report a thread and request in that, that way every mod gets notified. It doesn't matter what thread you report in the decription we'll realise what you've done.

That way all mods are made aware and also can discuss the request, taking into account the user's history, feedback, contribution to the site, likelihood of them doing a runner etc etc

None of the above. Report a thread and request in that, that way every mod gets notified. It doesn't matter what thread you report in the decription we'll realise what you've done.

That way all mods are made aware and also can discuss the request, taking into account the user's history, feedback, contribution to the site, likelihood of them doing a runner etc etc

Andrew, that has just confused the matter even further. In the above post Graham has indicated that approval must be gained before seeking expressions of interest but your your comments attached a thread must first be created in order to report it. So is it approval prior to a thread or a thread first which is reported to gain approval?

Andrew, that has just confused the matter even further. In the above post Graham has indicated that approval must be gained before seeking expressions of interest but your your comments attached a thread must first be created in order to report it. So is it approval prior to a thread or a thread first which is reported to gain approval?

That was how it was done but i've decided to change it and haven't had a chance to notify everyone.

As per my post above apart from the current ongoing case shares then any new case shares will not be approved. Unless the person who requests the case share runs a card store/business then you can pretty much forget about being approved.

Even if they run a store/business, they will still need to contact me directly first before putting up any expressions of interest.

Sorry if this is painful, but too many people think they have the right to run case shares when I have no idea who you are and then get offended when they are not approved. This sets in place clear guidelines of the requirements for running case shares.

What happens (As was the case with my Predictor Share) When you send away to politely ask for permission and no-one bothers to get back to you?

What happens (As was the case with my Predictor Share) When you send away to politely ask for permission and no-one bothers to get back to you?

You suck it up and move on......this has happened to me numerous times and that is just how it is.

Not having a go at you mate, I know how you feel but the Mods can't make the call on their own so they have to wait for a response from Graham and I guess he is pretty busy with his life outside OCT and other Admin work he does for the site. From what I have read (above), your best bet is to assume the answer will be "No" and not ask.........then you won't have to wait for a response and you'll already know the answer ;)

Personally I think that is a shame as I have run quite a few successful Case Shares on this site in the past but I can understand where Graham is coming from. The more Case Shares he allows to occur the more open he is to being responsible for running a site that has allowed people to rip other people off. If he just sticks with the select few that he knows well and knows how they operate he can still have Case Shares occuring on the site without the worry of there being a Case Share going pear shaped.

The Case Splits run on the AFL Card site were exteremely successful so hopefully someone that Graham trusts will do something similar in the future. I personally hope Ming's Case Shares continue as they have been VERY popular!

You suck it up and move on......this has happened to me numerous times and that is just how it is.

Not having a go at you mate, I know how you feel but the Mods can't make the call on their own so they have to wait for a response from Graham and I guess he is pretty busy with his life outside OCT and other Admin work he does for the site. From what I have read (above), your best bet is to assume the answer will be "No" and not ask.........then you won't have to wait for a response and you'll already know the answer ;)

Personally I think that is a shame as I have run quite a few successful Case Shares on this site in the past but I can understand where Graham is coming from. The more Case Shares he allows to occur the more open he is to being responsible for running a site that has allowed people to rip other people off. If he just sticks with the select few that he knows well and knows how they operate he can still have Case Shares occuring on the site without the worry of there being a Case Share going pear shaped.

The Case Splits run on the AFL Card site were exteremely successful so hopefully someone that Graham trusts will do something similar in the future. I personally hope Ming's Case Shares continue as they have been VERY popular!

The bolded part, how is this any different to a regular trade? The risk is identical, in people getting ripped off.

IN theory a case share should work the same way, set up a trade thread and put the terms and conditions in there.

In anycase I do agree that people with some reputation should be allowed to run case shares only. Perhaps the store owers (as they have ABN's so they are in some degree verified and credible) are the only guranteed way for it all to go above board without any sour grapes later on. I suggest to people who want case shares, MSG store owners to try and organise them, with permission from OZCT offcourse.

Alternatively you all have emails, if you trust each other outside OZCT, then go outside the site. If things go wrong then that is the risk you have taken without any implications to OZCT.

I can see where mods/admin are coming from and it's their house so their rules :)

Have to say though that Ming's case shares are awesome and always great to be a part of so I really hope they continue

I don't see the difference between trading one card or one box?
There are (quite a few) cards that are worth more than Cases, At $$$ Value... I don't see the difference.
Like you say, Their house, Thier rules...
As far a letting people get ripped off, I would think the consumer could do more to prevent that than the mods??

Why would a store owner want to be selling cases in a case share with no or little markup:confused:

They probably won't but that's the point.

In the beginning, the case shares were done because there were around 100 people on this site and we purchased one case and shared the costs. Any extras were purchased from sellers directly.

Nowadays people seem to think its a god given right to buy every box they get at cost price.

This kills the market not only for box seller businesses, but also for people who sell singles as a business. People will buy 6 boxes as part of the case share at cost price and sell the singles at bottom dollar to recoup their costs not caring what it does to others. The businesses who sell boxes now can't sell any boxes at even $10 profit as 4 cases have been done at cost here and any singles have already been driven down to bottom dollar already by participants in the case share so they can't make anything on these either.

Who cares I hear you say ? The thing is, who do we buy boxes and singles from when these blokes go out of business ? Should we not be supporting the resurgence in card stores and business across Australia ?

In the beginning, the case shares were done because there were around 100 people on this site and we purchased one case and shared the costs. Any extras were purchased from sellers directly.

Nowadays people seem to think its a god given right to buy every box they get at cost price.

This kills the market not only for box seller businesses, but also for people who sell singles as a business. People will buy 6 boxes as part of the case share at cost price and sell the singles at bottom dollar to recoup their costs not caring what it does to others. The businesses who sell boxes now can't sell any boxes at even $10 profit as 4 cases have been done at cost here and any singles have already been driven down to bottom dollar already by participants in the case share so they can't make anything on these either.

Who cares I hear you say ? The thing is, who do we buy boxes and singles from when these blokes go out of business ? Should we not be supporting the resurgence in card stores and business across Australia ?

Every collector SHOULD care! If the cost of singles is getting driven down, then the cost of your own PC cards will be getting driven down as well!

NBA is a very sensitive type of product in terms of value fluctuation, but one thing I have always heard about the Aussie sports in particular, is the value for money you can get out of a box or a case! That will die if the right measures aren't taken. And props to OCT for looking out for us! ;)

Agree - and that's were i was going with my point.

The big benefit i see from a case share is that it does protect people from those that choose to search cases and sell the rubbish on ebay.

I hope one of the sellers that is part of the OCT community can step up and work something out with Graham that can be mutually beneficial for everyone.

Gotta say.....Good post!

Personally though, the Case Shares I go in are not because I am getting the boxes at almost cost but because I know one of the group WILL get the Case hit. It's not coincedental that I have only EVER got a Case hit when involved in a Case Share or going 1/2's in a Case. The cost factor is appealing but not the deciding factor for me.....so if there was a business that did case shares and made a bit of each one I would be involved for sure.

Back
Top Bottom