Cardboard Addicts

Great viewing and touched on all the great aspects of collecting.
Very nice touch to add Bogut into the mix as previous collector

I thought it made us collectors look like nerds or dorks that people make fun of.Anyone else get that feeling? Don’t think the guy’s that they interviewed did the best for the hobby or themselves except for that 1 guy who had the crazy Larry bird & Celtics collection, he spoke really well. Just my opinion.

I thought it made us collectors look like nerds or dorks that people make fun of.Anyone else get that feeling? Don’t think the guy’s that they interviewed did the best for the hobby or themselves except for that 1 guy who had the crazy Larry bird & Celtics collection, he spoke really well. Just my opinion.

I have to say I thought the production of the show @Coopz05 put together was sensational. I thought it was fantastic having Bogut on there as well. The overall production was first class.

Great to see people like Grayson from Cherry, Tyson Beck on there along with @nazimcricket and Matt (oz-antoine) with his Celtics collection was great.

A few people I have spoken to about the show loved it and have been very positive however a couple commented that it seemed like it was a Infomercial for a certain card company (I hope they helped contribute some financial help to the shows costs in some way with the massive exposure they received!)

Overall a great show and it was good to see OzCardTrader mentioned there as one of the founding communities where people get together and talk cards!

Cheers
Matt

Was great to watch & in providing a potted history of card collecting in Oz. Congrats & thanks to all the collectors who agreed to be interviewed & so willing to show their collections.

The world of NBA card collecting was fascinating, particularly for someone who has never ventured into that world of collecting.

IMO in terms of production - I thought it was a great display of the passion collectors have for their collections. I’ve seen much worst portrayals of collectors on current affairs show where those who collect tea spoons, or have an Elvis ‘shrine’, etc, are made to look like totals loons!

Despite all the politics and shenanigans with this card collecting caper it is the sense of involvement & connection with other collectors that often gives life some meaning in these crazy times.

Great work by all involved.

Great show! Loved it. Especially the story of Select and how they went to Panini with the stickers ect, I didn't know that story

Some great cards. Matts Celtics collection was unreal

Great viewing and touched on all the great aspects of collecting.
Very nice touch to add Bogut into the mix as previous collector

Thanks mate. Yeh Bogey was great. I reached out to him fully expecting him to say no, but he was on board immediately. I love how much he still thinks fondly on the hobby

Reactions: DMC
Don't have Pay TV, Anyone able to post it or burn a copy onto a USB. happy to pay for postage and will supply the USB!

You can catch it on Kayo if you dont have foxtel.

They’re currently offering a free 2 week trial at the moment too👍

I think we all know we’re a little nerdy for enjoying the hobby so much.

I really liked that the collectors fully embraced that. The times they may have come across nerdy was normally at their own expense. I think people who can laugh at themselves are the best people.

I have to say I thought the production of the show @Coopz05 put together was sensational. I thought it was fantastic having Bogut on there as well. The overall production was first class.

Great to see people like Grayson from Cherry, Tyson Beck on there along with @nazimcricket and Matt (oz-antoine) with his Celtics collection was great.

A few people I have spoken to about the show loved it and have been very positive however a couple commented that it seemed like it was a Infomercial for a certain card company (I hope they helped contribute some financial help to the shows costs in some way with the massive exposure they received!)

Overall a great show and it was good to see OzCardTrader mentioned there as one of the founding communities where people get together and talk cards!

Cheers
Matt

Thanks for your personal thoughts on the film Matt. Really appreciate it.

As for Select, I can understand why some people may feel that way, but I had to find a balance equal to the hobby in Australia where AFL is bigger.

As an NBA collector, I wouldve loved to have 5mins on AFL and the rest NBA, but that wouldnt be fare to the footy collectors out there. In the end, I still made sure that NBA still got far more screen time than Footy:)

As Select are the exclusive rights holders for AFL trading cards they got a decent chunk of time compared to NBA which we could split between between Panini and old school companies like fleer, UD, etc.

Stevic rocking a Select tee prob added to the illusion too, even though he spoke mostly about the hobby in general terms, but I’m not going to tell people what they can and cant wear. Haha.

Glad that you enjoyed it though

Was great to watch & in providing a potted history of card collecting in Oz. Congrats & thanks to all the collectors who agreed to be interviewed & so willing to show their collections.

The world of NBA card collecting was fascinating, particularly for someone who has never ventured into that world of collecting.

IMO in terms of production - I thought it was a great display of the passion collectors have for their collections. I’ve seen much worst portrayals of collectors on current affairs show where those who collect tea spoons, or have an Elvis ‘shrine’, etc, are made to look like totals loons!

Despite all the politics and shenanigans with this card collecting caper it is the sense of involvement & connection with other collectors that often gives life some meaning in these crazy times.

Great work by all involved.

Wow Mike! If I could’ve made a fake profile to pump up everything that I wanted to come across in the film, you comments are what I would’ve written. Haha!

Thats what I was going for; showing that we are a community who care about each other and our PCs. That cards are an escape for some of us.

Thank you again

Thanks @jbabz84

I knew the history of Select bit would make a handful of people think it was an ‘infomercial’ style like @Matt26 mentioned but I had to put it in there for all us collectors who may not have known (I sure didnt) about the early connect they had with Panini who are now the NBA powerhouse.

Last edited:
Congrats on the doco, Coopz. Really well shot and you told a great story about the hobby in general without focussing too much on one sport (even thought I personally wish it was all basketball, hehe). Re. The nerd comment. Collectors often are nerds, haha. When was the last time you went to a LCS? It's not like there would have been a massive pool of people who were willing to sit in front of the camera and share their personal collections inside their homes anyway. Congrats to everyone who made an appearance! I'd love to see a beefed up version of this in the US covering baseball and basketball cards. That would be amazing.

Great work. Really enjoyed the documentary and a special thanks to the guys who opened up their collection. Amazing to see some of the effort people go to for their cards. Something to aspire too. I thought it showed the community in a great light and really reflected how the hobby connects people to the sports they love be it AFL, NBA or cricket.

I thought it was pretty awesome!! Watched it with my little sis who I'm trying to get into the hobby and she couldn't take her eyes off the screen! You never really realize how big the hobby actually is until you here stories from collectors across the country. Only wish I had the money for such awesome collections like a lot of you guys!!

Back
Top Bottom