Card trade meet ? are there any ? would there by any interests ?

SW-cards-N-bricks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
andrewm6691
I'm curious, are there any Card trade meets, where collectors in certain areas get together on a regular basis for a few hours (fornightly/monthly/etc), a community hall or similar, where like minded collectors get together, have a chat, arrange swaps/trades, a venue where collectors can break some boxes/packs/pickup card supplies, etc

Any idea on the number of non sports collectors, say in NSW ?

Would there be any interests for collectors in NSW ? does this already occur in other states ?

Interesting Dave, i really liked the idea of a local get together, giving collectors the opportunity to share their interests, chat, trade & break some boxes
Given the average costs to purchase cases/boxes have increased over the years, i presumed there might be more interests from collectors to meet/trade/purchase individual boxes/packs

Until then, Ebay & forums are the go to for my card interests

Is there still a meet at penrith panthers? That was for sellers who i assume paid to have stalls there, so not sure if that would work in terms of others rocking up and selling also.

Yes, i presume you are referring to the Penrith Collectormania Toy & Hobby fair, infact its on again next Sun 10th July
This is a great venue for buying/selling, however i was thinking moreso along the lines of Trading - a place where collectors can get together, have a chat, share a joke, get some trades done, purchase some boxes/break them amongst fellow collectors *if interested & pickup up supplies - all at the same venue

I wonder if the sports guys have done anything similar, jump in together and get more numbers that way, don't know if you want to keep it strictly non sport. Maybe do a poll to get hard numbers if people would attend in the general forum. That way we can approach the collector shows for a possible room set aside / expand away from the noise of the floor, which would give the dealers also a chance in picking up some singles etc. Surely this would get more people through the door who may not be after purchasing boxes. Else look into the cheaper council run halls for hire. Just my two cents that I've been thinking about.

Good idea, especially if you get a committed group that live relatively close.

In the AFL circles, I catch up with a few guys who through collecting we've become great mates. We catch up periodically over a breakfast at a central spot and if close by visit a card store (e.g. Card Zone)

It's always good fun

Sounds like fun :)
Good idea, especially if you get a committed group that live relatively close.
In the AFL circles, I catch up with a few guys who through collecting we've become great mates. We catch up periodically over a breakfast at a central spot and if close by visit a card store (e.g. Card Zone)
It's always good fun

It would be great to have a local card store in Sydney
So envious of some of the guys in the US when they talk about going past their local LCS/Local card store to buy/bust some boxes/packs
I guess that is one thing that NSW or Sydney needs is a card store....

It would be great to have a local card store in Sydney
So envious of some of the guys in the US when they talk about going past their local LCS/Local card store to buy/bust some boxes/packs

yeah and you know if Sydney had a store I am sure I would be in it every lunch time and buying a random pack of something,

It would be awesome to have busting parties and after hours events, like when new product comes in have a preview launch busting party

Back
Top Bottom