Card Grading Question

Thanks again. Would have gone to cherry but he said it was not worth it. I’ll go in to the store. Thanks all again.

Thanks again. Would have gone to cherry but he said it was not worth it. I’ll go in to the store. Thanks all again.

Their BGS process is very smooth and a good price too.
To be fair the amount of cards from that era that are worth nothing definitely outweighs the amount that are worth something so it can be easy to mistake something for something else of no value. I don't think that they would purposely mislead on a potential sale and were possibly leaning on the side of caution as opposed to taking your money for something worth nothing.

@Manchester what I find with grading is people will tell you what they would and wouldn’t grade but at the end of the day it’s what you want to collect and display that matters. I sent an immaculate auto off for grading because I was sick of seeing it in a top loader, I’d been advised against it by a few people but end of the day I’d rather display it how I want and enjoy it.

I agree with you. However since I’m a novice I am depending on some of the advise, as well as on the research I do. All the research I have done suggests the Shaq redemption card is worth grading, was a little a shocked to hear that today. Ether way it’s a good in site on what I should or should not buy.

There's plenty of years of experience around this forum in all aspects of the hobby and there are no silly questions (we have all been novice collectors before) so if you ever need a hand with something or a 2nd opinion it's probably only a post away

Hey all again,
I had a look at the Shaq redemption card again under the light. The card is in very good nick but did notice the bottom corners there are slight nicks hardly visible to the naked eye. Is the likely hood that a grading number below 9 would be likely because of this?

Hey all again,
I had a look at the Shaq redemption card again under the light. The card is in very good nick but did notice the bottom corners there are slight nicks hardly visible to the naked eye. Is the likely hood that a grading number below 9 would be likely because of this?
Depending how bad the issue is it could knock the corners down to 8, 8.5 or 9
Generally you wont get an overall grade above .5 of a point of the lowest grade. So if they went an 8 the best youd get even with all 10s would be an 8.5. There have been exceptions where it's been given a full point e.g. 8, 10,10,10 thats over all 9 but its rare

Back
Top Bottom