Bumping For Sale Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally could care less about this lol I just think instead of being only able to bump every 24hrs what about every 12hrs so you can bump once in the morning and once in the arvo.

What do use think about that!

another good idea
the 24 hour rule is stupid
but having said that there will be people that wont like that either,cant please everyone
but thats just my 2 cents

another good idea
the 24 hour rule is stupid
but having said that there will be people that wont like that either,cant please everyone
but thats just my 2 cents

I agree only being able to bump every 24hrs is stupid it makes it hard to know when to bump there could be nothin happening on ozcard so you bump your thread then next minute everyones bumping there threads so your thread goes back to the second page. I'm not a fan of this bumping only once a day.

I would like it to go back to bump whenever you want I dont remember anyone complaining about bumping of threads back then.

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 04:31 PM ----------

Also I dont care about members having 10 threads going at once cause what it comes down to is they can only fit so much into on post.

So you want to put 3 cards in 1 thread and have 15 different sale threads rather than 2 or 3?

Doesn't seem efficient at all.

Also maybe have the main threads as Selling/Trading Basketball and Buying/Items Wanted so as not to overlap threads

So you want to put 3 cards in 1 thread and have 15 different sale threads rather than 2 or 3?

Doesn't seem efficient at all.

Also maybe have the main threads as Selling/Trading Basketball and Buying/Items Wanted so as not to overlap threads

they are in different sections or do u mean something else matt??

as people are still putting what they want in the for sale part

yeah i agree having a sales thread all of it own a trade thread all of its own would make it run smoother

Also Im not talking about 2 or 3 cards in each thread im talking about a thread full and they still might have heaps to sell so they need another thread an so on

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 04:40 PM ----------

They should also have a section for ebay items cause people like me list them in the forsale/trade section.

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 04:42 PM ----------

They need to change it and have the following

For Sale Section

Trade Section

Ebay Section

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 04:49 PM ----------

not naming any names, mickhooper, some people have 7 threads going in the sale......
3 hours and my thread off the 1st page already

As I said you need to able to bump more than once inside of 24hrs then this wouldnt happen.

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 04:53 PM ----------

How come the Live box breaks section you can post as much times in there as you want without it going back to the previous post but in every other section it stays on the same post?

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 04:53 PM ----------

It just makes it hard if you replying to more than one post at a time.

it shouldnt matter what page your thread is on anyways if its a new post it will still be in bold for anyone who logs in (does that make sense??)

plus you can always click to show all new posts since your last login instead of going through the forums then it doesnt matter if your thread is on the 1st page or the 12th page...

they are in different sections or do u mean something else matt??

as people are still putting what they want in the for sale part

I mean atm it is Buying/Selling/Trading and Items Wanted/Wantlists so the Buying overlaps with Items Wanted which is why people put in both sections.

If it was Selling/Trading and Buying/Wanted/Wantlists it may separate them a bit more.

It's called common courtesy and the restriction was brought in because some people wanted to bump every hour.

And there are no rules regarding the number of for sale threads, but once again it's common courtesy to other members on the forum. Put all your items in one thread.

And there's no need for seperate forums. There are thread prefixes which allow you to specify whether cards are FS, FT or both. Can't get much simpler than that.

the Buying bit confuses people. Is it wanting to buy or actually buying yourself?
Hence why people put I'm Buying All Tim Hardaway in Buying/Selling/Trading, and then Wanted To Buy/Buying all Tim Hardaway in the Items Wanted/Wantlists.

Doesn't really bother me, thought I'd mention that it occurs

It's called common courtesy and the restriction was brought in because some people wanted to bump every hour.

And there are no rules regarding the number of for sale threads, but once again it's common courtesy to other members on the forum. Put all your items in one thread.

And there's no need for seperate forums. There are thread prefixes which allow you to specify whether cards are FS, FT or both. Can't get much simpler than that.

yeah that is right mate,but not everyone wants to go through a thread with a million cards on it,so how is it courtious to people who have to go through looooooong threads for nothing

its the same that you might have to read 4 or 5 pages into a thread to see if the card you might want is gone...not everyone updates there threads and takes out the cards they have sold

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 05:09 PM ----------

the Buying bit confuses people. Is it wanting to buy or actually buying yourself?
Hence why people put I'm Buying All Tim Hardaway in Buying/Selling/Trading, and then Wanted To Buy/Buying all Tim Hardaway in the Items Wanted/Wantlists.

Doesn't really bother me, thought I'd mention that it occurs

yeah its a bit confusing
lol tim hardaway...

Ive asked you to cut the number of threads down. Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone did the same as you?
Keep it to one current sale thread in each forum. This will go into the rules today, so there is no confusion.

Ive asked you to cut the number of threads down. Can you imagine what it would be like if everyone did the same as you?
Keep it to one current sale thread in each forum. This will go into the rules today, so there is no confusion.

mate i couldnt care less if people made a thread for different cards,thats what the forum is for in the first place.

im not the only one who has more than 1 thread in the for sale part

if everyone put all the cards they are selling into one thread then there will be people complaining that the threads are too long

one last thing is there anyway to have more threads on the first page then what there currently is if that make sence cause if you could have like 50 thread instead 20 or watever it is now there would be no need for bumping every 24 hrs

---------- Post added 13-12-2009 at 05:29 PM ----------

I just counted 50 threads in the buying section for basketball goes back 1 day so there would be 50 threads on the first page, so if you bumped at 4 in the monring it would still be there in the night if that makes sence.

Graham is correct there should be a limit on threads, you can upload 20 scans on the first thread/post so i dont understand why members are using new threads everyday,there are members that are using the same thread for months:thumbsup: thats the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom