Bit of a rant.....

mike666

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mike
Hi all. I was about to post this in a thread about a current release that is getting a bit heated. But thought I had turned it into a bit of a soapbox rant so decided it should have its own thread. Most people will be able to work out where I was going to post it.

End of the day the market dictates what is a success and what is not. Footycards.com had plenty of haters, yet most of their releases have sold out. The 'American ripoff' stuff sells really well(and I hate that shit because they are not putting anything back into the players pockets, and most of the players on their cards got paid fuck all for their football back then).

I do find it quite ironic that people hate on another companies release' and then get a bit sooky when they don't like the feedback on their own. But hey, who am I to judge. I haven't put the time and money into doing a release of cards yet. One day maybe...….

I think everyone hates that Select have a monopoly on AFL collector cards(and Teamcoach on AFL gaming cards), and we all scream out for more product. So lets embrace new stuff and buy the things that we like. Maybe with more non sanctioned releases will come more pressure on the AFL to open things up. As a collecting community we need to stick together and work as a team rather than against each other. More of Brisbane on a threepeat and less of Richo cracking the Sad's when it wasn't lace out.

thanks for a balanced response. fwiw my old comments posted were talking about the buy back signatures not the whole footycards.com series. I agree too with people who bag everything and don't have any idea how much effort goes into this, and the fact we are paying the players very good money to participate. I think Select could do better. I get cards signed and the amount of players who have a card released by Select but didn't even know it existed astounds me, and I think it's wrong. I'm involved in this set because I love meeting past players and I'm happy to be involved in something that gives back to them. We may make money, we might not, but for me that is honestly secondary, and those who know me would back that up. Enjoy collecting, and hopefully you'll like what we've got coming. Happy to take any feedback and if you don't want it public my email is [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom