Australia vs Italy!!! GO AUSSIES!!!

GIANTS
Still gutted, but this article passed on by a friend helped ease the pain a little.
This was on the guardian(UK) website on Tuesday.
Giants in defeat
June 27, 2006 11:47 AM
Australia's finest contribution to this World cup came not in their
hard-to-believe comeback against Japan, their gritty fight with Brazil, or
even in another show of resilience against Croatia.
Nor was it to be found among their 90 minutes yesterday in kaiserslautern
against Italy, who could hardly believe the impudence of the Australians in
playing possession football of the highest order.
It arrived immediately after the agony of losing the match in the very final
seconds of the three minutes added on for stoppages, when they conceded a penalty even the Italian journalists banging their desk next to me conceded
was marginal In defeat, the Australians embraced with resignation and no
fuss the players who had just snatched the game away from them. There was no rancour. No haranguing the referee. Just a whole load of dignity.
Then, led by their very special guru Guus Hiddink, they walked to their
supporters and applauded them - at just the moment when they probably wanted to cry. It was the moment when they had reason to feel cheated and to regret, perhaps, their inadequacies in front of goal. They had nothing to be ashamed of. They played near to the boundaries of their talents. They were disciplined, committed, organised - all simple, honest virtues.
Everyone said they weren't good enough. Typically, they weren't listening.
They say Aussies are arrogant in victory. That's probably true. Yesterday
they were giants in defeat.
The thought occurred when that final, killing penalty went in: if this were
any other team so cruelly denied ... Well, let's just say they'd still be
cleaning up the mess.

I remember someone said they had taped the game/games to DVD, and would be able to copy them for a price. Who was it, and how much per game DVD? If you could PM me or reply here, I'd be very interested in getting a copy of a few of the games. I have them on video, but the quality's a bit crappy, so DVD would be great! Thanks! :D

Yeah, I'd be interested in at least an initial look, thanks Billy... Even if the quality isn't top shelf, it's probably a bit better than my second or third use tapes, and easier to store and label, too. Thanks, champ!

Back
Top Bottom