Ashes box & 3 x loose packets

Brendan_B

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Brendan
eBay User
Brendan3767
I just busted my box and 3 x loose packets from @Diggaz TC (Thanks mate, great service as always).

From my three loose packets, 2 x gold parallels and Handscombe Portraits #001

From my box, a very English flavoured box I might add;

Stokes Portraits #145
Cook Predictor #048
Ashes Rivalries Buttler v Wade (AR-08) & Root v Smith (AR-01)
Milestones AM-08 - Australia chasing record success
National Pride Ali, Cook, Anderson, Broad
Gold Parallels 4, 8, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 25, 26, 31, 35, 39, 42, 55, 62, 78, 99, 100

My first impressions are that this is a very nice set. I had no issues with damage and cutting of cards aside from my Stokes Portraits which came from the packet with a nasty ding to the top left corner, might see if I can get a replacement.

As I haven't seen a signature card in hand and I am pretty sure the winning predictor prize is not yet known I believe that the packets are slightly overpriced. $5-6 would have been more in line with the product. I would also prefer foiled numbering as opposed to the printed numbering but at least they are not hand numbered!

I may do a better review at a later stage if time allows but one big issue I can see is with the folders where about 1/3 of the last page curls under the binder rings. I believe this was an issue in a previous release, definitely no cards on the page!

I will definitely put together a set of National Pride, these are nice and maybe another low end set as well as some signatures, particularly Smith & Renshaw.

The Rivalries are also nice, Milestones and Portraits a bit bland but not terrible and the parallels look a treat.

Agree the numbering would look much better in foil. Nice pull on the 001. So your National Pride cards were all mint condition? And how’s the bottom gold edge of the Portrait card? Does it look jagged at all or poorly cut?

Agree the numbering would look much better in foil. Nice pull on the 001. So your National Pride cards were all mint condition? And how’s the bottom gold edge of the Portrait card? Does it look jagged at all or poorly cut?

Thanks mate!

All of National Pride cards look fine. No dings and the foil finish covers the entire surface.

I had no issues with the cutting either, just the very bad ding on the top right corner of the Stokes.

Back
Top Bottom