APCS Card - A Fake?

hobo

Kogarah to Kiama
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Ross
Thoughts on this little beauty?

apcs.png

Both of those signatures are not genuine. The reason for both being on the card were that they both appeared at the Balmain show where they were both signing along with others like Raper etc.

Cheers
Matt

Both of those signatures are not genuine. The reason for both being on the card were that they both appeared at the Balmain show where they were both signing along with others like Raper etc.

Cheers
Matt
Yeah I know the card itself was legit, I have one myself. :thumbsup:

I suppose the question really is any idea how they would have got an unsigned card to fake?

And also the #2 card along with others that appear OK

St George Immortals Triple Signature - Reg Gasiner, Graeme Langlands and John Raper #02/35
Tower of Power - Norm Provan #02/65
Sketch Card - Reg Gasiner #02/300

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-AP...368132?hash=item56b5ce1044:g:jkIAAOSwvrxbNgju

Cheers
Ross

Yeah I know the card itself was legit, I have one myself. :thumbsup:

I suppose the question really is any idea how they would have got an unsigned card to fake?

And also the #2 card along with others that appear OK

St George Immortals Triple Signature - Reg Gasiner, Graeme Langlands and John Raper #02/35
Tower of Power - Norm Provan #02/65
Sketch Card - Reg Gasiner #02/300

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2012-AP...368132?hash=item56b5ce1044:g:jkIAAOSwvrxbNgju

Cheers
Ross
The only thing i could think of is that maybe he bought the card but didn't line up to get it signed and left the show early otherwise i'm not sure how they got it

Today I spoke with with people who put together these cards for this particular show.

There was an error with the first Soward/Langlands card (a spelling mistake on the back) which was identified after they were printed. All of these cards were reprinted (without the error) and all bar 3 unsigned copies of these error cards were scrapped - Cards 1,2,3 (all unsigned) were kept by the people putting these cards together for the show.

Cards 1, 3 were accounted for today (still unsigned) and it appears that card 2 was sold off by the person who kept it.

I was told that person who retained this card also had purchased a package which gave them a copy of all of the authentic signed cards signed at the show of which some appear in this auction linked above.

I also have seen an image of the real #2 card which was sold to a collector.

The one shown in the auction above does not have authentic signatures on it.

Cheers
Matt

Nice photo, card spoils it a bit though.;)

OK so the cards were handed out blank on the day?

That is what has allowed this person to badly fake their card.

Being #2 I would assume it was originally in the possession of someone organising the day or a stall holder as I read that the cards available for the first in the door weren't low numbered.

The only card i saw that was given away was when you paid your entry fee,you where given a Reg Gasnier card.Also with the Soward card,Sonny the young man who went to great lengths in providing a great package for the collectors to buy,told the buyers that Jamie Soward would not sign the cards on the day.He went out of his way many times to try and get them signed.But something always came up.In the end Soward finally signed them near season end.Matt and myself both know Sonny and he go,es out of his way to provide quality cards for the public.Looks like somebody is trying to make a quick dollar from a dodgy card.

Nice photo, card spoils it a bit though.;)

OK so the cards were handed out blank on the day?

That is what has allowed this person to badly fake their card.

Being #2 I would assume it was originally in the possession of someone organising the day or a stall holder as I read that the cards available for the first in the door weren't low numbered.

No that's incorrect.

The error cards (or the corrected cards) were not available at the show on the day.......you could order them for a later delivery and the correct cards were signed at a later date as Paul mentioned above.

The person who was given the number 2 card was associated with the manufacturers of the cards but parted company not long after and its likely they sold the card on the secondary market.

I was advised today that there were only ever 3 error cards kept (cards 1,2,3), 2 of these (1,3) have been accounted for today and the other is in the auction above and does not feature authentic signatures of the players.

Regards
Matt

Messaged seller and got a fair response:

Thanks for that, I didn't notice because the sleeve was signed... Not the card.

Will remove shortly.

True to their response the listing has had this card removed. =D>

Messaged seller and got a fair response:

Thanks for that, I didn't notice because the sleeve was signed... Not the card.

Will remove shortly.

True to their response the listing has had this card removed. =D>

Interesting that the back story I heard yesterday on this was that someone did this to have a bit of fun and potentially harm someone else's reputation regarding these cards.

There is more to this story, but yes the card remains unsigned and the seller had signed a plastic sleeve over the top of it all for a bit of fun.

I reckon call them out because their idea of a bit of fun is misguided. Name them for our fun and see what they think then!!

Cheers
Ross

They have outed themselves in having a fake "signed" card as part of their auction........of which they were trying to deceive collectors with a card that clearly wasn't signed by the athletes for a bit of fun.

Not a great look for them.

I helped out that day,with all the cards that was available Jamie Soward would not sign any cards on the day.His cards were signed later that year.I got this signed by him at the cost of 25 dollars.My autograph picture is the same as his roosters auto.
1535522652544-1840149701.jpg
The Halycon Days of APCS. The biggest turnout ever for a card specific show in Sydney!

Back
Top Bottom