Andrew Johns is a tool

Davebvd

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
Calling Adam Blair a coward and suddenly being the advocate for player welfare. Sorry Johns, but you are an arse who just hates Qld and Broncos.

Yes Blair is also a tool. I've always hated the way he plays.

Last year I think Kahu or Milford jumped on a lose ball in the Souths game and was lying on the ground on his stomach. Sam Burgess dove on him with the shoulder and smashed him. The same Andrew Johns was super excited about such a fantastic hit. No concern about the late hit or player welfare in that case.

Thurston had his arm hanging off in the Origin and Johns was slagging off the NSW for NOT smashing him, whichI would deem a cowardly act against a 1 arm man.

You can't have it both way Johns based on what colour jersey the guy has on.

Rant over.

P.S. Someone please buy Adam Blair off us.

Blair hasn't signed with NZ?

He is one of the biggest grubs in the game, right up there with Kenny Edwards.
Gotta love Kenny Edwards :)

Right up there with leilua, trying to bully inexperienced opposition centres like Curtis Scott and when he gets owned by them carries on like a goose

I am not a fan of Johns at all but think he is right regarding the late hits. Also think he is right about NSW not running at JT. If he couldn't have tackled shouldn't have been on the field
I agree as well in both these cases, I'm just annoyed that Johns (and phil gould) contradict themselves all the time and praises similar hits in other circumstances

Gotta love Kenny Edwards :)

Right up there with leilua, trying to bully inexperienced opposition centres like Curtis Scott and when he gets owned by them carries on like a goose

Yep pretty much one and the same at times although Leilua is a far better player and has the ability to put his head down and play sensible football as he did for much of 2016. Edwards is forever a ticking time bomb, niggles at every opportunity, loves a cheap shot and is a very standard level player to boot.

Yep pretty much one and the same at times although Leilua is a far better player and has the ability to put his head down and play sensible football as he did for much of 2016. Edwards is forever a ticking time bomb, niggles at every opportunity, loves a cheap shot and is a very standard level player to boot.
To each their own opinion

Edwards footy brain is excellent and has a shit load of footy in him.

Both exactly the same to both sides we support, edwards' heads up play against the storm to run direct at Munster is some of his best work and their is some other aspects of his game that even as a supporter it leaves me scratching my head.

Would back Brad Arthur's opinion on him over yours and mine as a footballer, there must be a reason that he keeps getting picked for us every week.

Easy to take a subjective view on this. An objective view is what is required, yet to see the excellent footy brain from Edwards, lots of brawn, even more niggle.

Of course Arthur's opinion would carry more weight, he is an NRL level coach, that is a no brainer.

Every team needs grubs and usually the teams in the top 4 have the most. I don't think that is coincidence.

Playmakers try and hold the ball as long as possible to commit defences and survey options. That is why Thurston is so good; he is a tough nut, who puts his body on the line to create space and buy time, knowing he will be hit. "Role players" like Blair have the primary aim of cutting down that time and they are often going to be playing at the boundaries of the law. Blair plays it finer than most and is a grub, but that is a compliment in some ways. There are plenty of players that are equally grubby, but more subtle. And plenty of players that get away with murder because they are part of the Australian boy's network. Many of the game's commentators are part of that network. I personally didn't think that there was much in the Blair hit (this time), and I don't think he had the vision of the ball or the time to avoid contact that John's is shouting from his soapbox. Kahu on the other hand...

Blair has the potential to be a horrendous signing for the Warriors unless a couple of metre-eaters are signed to lay the platform for him, as he is not a traditional prop. However, I am looking forward to him cutting down the space of the opposition halves and slowing the play the ball. These are undervalued traits in a player and I think that the Broncos will miss that (although it won't be glaringly obvious).

Every team needs grubs and usually the teams in the top 4 have the most. I don't think that is coincidence.

Playmakers try and hold the ball as long as possible to commit defences and survey options. That is why Thurston is so good; he is a tough nut, who puts his body on the line to create space and buy time, knowing he will be hit. "Role players" like Blair have the primary aim of cutting down that time and they are often going to be playing at the boundaries of the law. Blair plays it finer than most and is a grub, but that is a compliment in some ways. There are plenty of players that are equally grubby, but more subtle. And plenty of players that get away with murder because they are part of the Australian boy's network. Many of the game's commentators are part of that network. I personally didn't think that there was much in the Blair hit (this time), and I don't think he had the vision of the ball or the time to avoid contact that John's is shouting from his soapbox. Kahu on the other hand...

Blair has the potential to be a horrendous signing for the Warriors unless a couple of metre-eaters are signed to lay the platform for him, as he is not a traditional prop. However, I am looking forward to him cutting down the space of the opposition halves and slowing the play the ball. These are undervalued traits in a player and I think that the Broncos will miss that (although it won't be glaringly obvious).

You make some good points (as usual) but I think there is a fine line between being a good hard player who does a job by hitting halves amongst anything else that comes their way and those that are just plain dirty, niggle all game, run in from the other side of the field to prolong a scuffle and my big pet hate, touching an opposition player after your team has scored a try. I find that Blair certainly has his role but only picks on halves, never really see him hitting other forwards.

I think Matulino will be a big loss for you guys. He certainly hasn't produced for a couple of years and has had lots of injuries. It he is capable of being one of the best in the game.

Wayne Bennett lost the control of his players when Ben Hunt signed with St George. He took that personally. Adam Blair has signed with the Warriors and his football went poorly backwards. I believe it is time for Bennett to step down as he has too many outside problems which has shown in the football structure. Pure lack of respect for Bennett's ability to set a high standard is obvious to me. Many players are on the move so the money factor created an attitude of me, myself and I type of football with no direction.

Wayne Bennett lost the control of his players when Ben Hunt signed with St George. He took that personally. Adam Blair has signed with the Warriors and his football went poorly backwards. I believe it is time for Bennett to step down as he has too many outside problems which has shown in the football structure. Pure lack of respect for Bennett's ability to set a high standard is obvious to me. Many players are on the move so the money factor created an attitude of me, myself and I type of football with no direction.

Bennett was not willing to offer Blair more than an extra year. Newcastle and the Warriors offered him long term contracts into his mid-thirties. Bennett has always been a master of knowing when to let go of players after he has had the best of them and Blair now has a deal that takes him all the way to retirement.

Personally, I have been really impressed with the Broncos. At the start of the year I didn't think they had the forward pack to mix it at the top, but they proved me wrong.

i know this started off calling andrew john,s a tool,but i am straying off the subject a bit by asking your thought,s of him being the lastest immortal.

i know this started off calling andrew john,s a tool,but i am straying off the subject a bit by asking your thought,s of him being the lastest immortal.

Great Player, great insight. Just needs consistency in his comments.

Welfare and the game's image keep getting spoken about nowdays. Listing someone as an immortal when they haven't exactly behaved in a respectable way (ie drugs) I think sends the wrong message.

The issue with the Immortal concept is that off field exploits, good or bad don't count.

I believe a Johns Immortality was inevitable, as a player he has few peers in his and other eras.

However blokes like Provan and Meninga deserved the accolade first.

I like the concept but the concept was alwYs flawed with RLW selecting the panel. The Hall of Fame is barely mentioned, like the AFL they should gain entry first and then every two or five years a member should be raised to Immortal Status.

I like the concept but the concept was alwYs flawed with RLW selecting the panel. The Hall of Fame is barely mentioned, like the AFL they should gain entry first and then every two or five years a member should be raised to Immortal Status.
Exactly

Bennett was not willing to offer Blair more than an extra year. Newcastle and the Warriors offered him long term contracts into his mid-thirties. Bennett has always been a master of knowing when to let go of players after he has had the best of them and Blair now has a deal that takes him all the way to retirement.

Personally, I have been really impressed with the Broncos. At the start of the year I didn't think they had the forward pack to mix it at the top, but they proved me wrong.
I agree with what you have stated, and i thought the Broncos were the real deal until Hunt signed then Blair became available which had a major setback on the leadership group. Melbourne deserve what they get,no doubt, but i believe Brisbane should have achieved more.

Back
Top Bottom