AFLX 2019

Lazlow

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mat
eBay User
blackmetalfan666
lDEgIG3h.jpg

While some fans were calling for the return of rep footy, no one was asking to double down on AFLX.

So while bringing back State of Origin is apparently impossible, the AFL are more that willing to throw money at this contrived load of bollocks.

Surely the failure of state of origin shows that the public are not interested in supporting anything other than their own team. I had no interest whatsoever in AFLX last year and that was with my team (Melbourne) winning its group. This concept makes a mockery of everything good about our game, and I wish they would stop messing with things that are not broken.

As an aside, this obsession that the AFL has with creating news / events, however trivial and banal, all year round is getting a lot of people offside. There is nothing wrong with having an off-season and letting people's interest build as the season approaches.

Surely the failure of state of origin shows that the public are not interested in supporting anything other than their own team. I had no interest whatsoever in AFLX last year and that was with my team (Melbourne) winning its group. This concept makes a mockery of everything good about our game, and I wish they would stop messing with things that are not broken.

As an aside, this obsession that the AFL has with creating news / events, however trivial and banal, all year round is getting a lot of people offside. There is nothing wrong with having an off-season and letting people's interest build as the season approaches.
Mate, you have hit the nail on the head completely. In my sports-following life, no governing body has suffered from relevance deprivation more than the AFL. They remind me of that annoying kid or co-worker or TV panelist that ALWAYS has to have the last word.

I’m sorry but this AFLX is rubbish. It was watchable last year because even if you weren’t keen you’d still want your own team to see the youngsters run around. This is just crap viewing in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom