AFL/VFL Trading Card Photoshop

Have been mucking around with the ol' Photoshop.

I've used the 1989 NFL Pro Set (https://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1989/Pro_Set_-_Base/58/Boomer_Esiason/650207) as inspiration to mesh it with some Six Nations cards.

Thoughts?

stuart hogg complete slab.jpg

Have been mucking around with the ol' Photoshop.

I've used the 1989 NFL Pro Set (https://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1989/Pro_Set_-_Base/58/Boomer_Esiason/650207) as inspiration to mesh it with some Six Nations cards.

Thoughts?

stuart hogg complete slab.jpg

That looks really good. Has come out really good. Nice template as well... I've never done an NFL one, always AFL/NBA/MLB.

Only thing I've noticed is the back is off-centre, but that might be deliberate to add to the realism (so many cards are off-centre unfortunately).

Great job

That looks really good. Has come out really good. Nice template as well... I've never done an NFL one, always AFL/NBA/MLB.

Only thing I've noticed is the back is off-centre, but that might be deliberate to add to the realism (so many cards are off-centre unfortunately).

Great job
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I traced the original, so yeah!

Again... not AFL, but always wanted to give something like this a shot. A 2012 Ace Authentic is the only auto card released (that I am aware of) with these three guys on it, and I thought I'd make an update. Sticker auto, because the chances of getting all three to sign this on-card whilst touring the world would be pretty remote.

1644706981093.png

Last edited:
Clayton is back for the 2022 AFL Footy Stars template. Might do some tinkering once higher resolution images become available, but this is based on what I've seen so far. Completed a template for every base card set from 1963 Scanlens to present:
1645256332205.png

Just another nice card that I thought I'd 'remake'... the actual card is up for auction with Goldin's in a month or so. Tipped to go for in excess of US$3million. My mock-up graded a 10 though ;-)
1657100367938.png

Just another nice card that I thought I'd 'remake'... the actual card is up for auction with Goldin's in a month or so. Tipped to go for in excess of US$3million. My mock-up graded a 10 though ;-)
1657100367938.png

I think I like your version better than the real thing!

You need to do a Remake of Jordan/Pippen/Rodman and then just for fun a Jordan/Hardaway/Hill - the early 90's stars...... I have a list! LOL

I think I like your version better than the real thing!

You need to do a Remake of Jordan/Pippen/Rodman and then just for fun a Jordan/Hardaway/Hill - the early 90's stars...... I have a list! LOL

Happy to do them... I'll have a shot at it tomorrow.

Holy Cow....... these are fantastic...... sensational work on the designs!!!

LEGEND!

Thought I'd make a bit of a concept... something I don't do often. Used Panini Immaculate as inspiration for this one.

I might add to this and create a concept set under the 'Select Elite' banner. This patch signature (#'d to 15) would probably be the big hit from the set though.
1657426383240.png

1657433574302.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom