AFL/VFL Trading Card Photoshop

Only 3 of the Reynolds was made, it’s why I don’t think select would do it as a cut signature you can’t do many, select would never produce a card numbered to 3, I would love to see it even 1/1 but will never happen

I believe the last one that sold (private sale) went for $5000.

I believe the last one that sold (private sale) went for $5000.

... and to buy a Dick Reynolds signature on paper from an auction house would cost a MAXIMUM $500 I think. They sell one box of Supremacy and would cover that cost.

They would make an absolute killing by introducing this type of product to their range, because they won't lose existing buyers by introducing that type of hit card, and it will attract a few more to the hobby.

Lost opportunity for them if they were so narrow minded I guess. Low numbered (1/3, 1/1) cut signatures of Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Mickey Mantle, etc. are huge draw cards for MLB products.

Finding the signatures is the issue, but they do pop up occasionally through auction houses and sell for a pittance really when you consider what they sell boxes of Supremacy for.
i agree the U S market loves and can sell a release just by dropping a huge 1 of 1 of a legend Babe/mantle/De Magio.
I just dont know if our AFL market is ready for such a 1 of 1 release.. I love were select are finding itself at the moment with numbering like #25 supremacy / #40 prestige / capt sigh at #50. yet you bring a good point

Lost opportunity for them if they were so narrow minded I guess. Low numbered (1/3, 1/1) cut signatures of Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Mickey Mantle, etc. are huge draw cards for MLB products.

Is it so narrow minded though when you look at the overall market?

The market is mainly comprised of team collectors who like to finish sets. Doing such a thing will see the majority of these style of collectors upset that they can technically never finish it. They are gauging the market and using it to determine what they do, very reasonable business plan I would think.

Also lets be honest, if they ever did release a 1/1 or something similar the odds are it would end up in the hands of a wholesaler or mass buyer not the average suburban die hard team collector.

Also lets be honest, if they ever did release a 1/1 or something similar the odds are it would end up in the hands of a wholesaler or mass buyer not the average suburban die hard team collector.
or a online group breaker (with select leanings)

or a online group breaker (with select leanings)

Glad others are seeing that "select" people seem to get the loaded cases.

I always find it amazing that certain hits end up in certain places with certain breakers.

If it happens so frequently can it be considered a coincidence?

Glad others are seeing that "select" people seem to get the loaded cases.

I always find it amazing that certain hits end up in certain places with certain breakers.

If it happens so frequently can it be considered a coincidence?
hold up, with all that.. i'm not saying that..
i'm just suggesting it could very easily be hit in a breakers video
i've watched many of there vid's and many i have viewed have not been what i would call loaded with hits.
unlike the u.s, we dont have much selection when it comes to watching o.z based break's....plus i enjoy watching there break's

1594625268656.png
1594625650765.png
1594625615918.png

i dont mind the blast of colour from the first ablett, and didnt even notice its white border as opposed to the gold.
keep them coming mate!

1595229392428.png
1595229963874.png
1595229255387.png

Used a Dustin Martin card as the base and couldn't be bothered adjusting the stats. It is fully editable though... stat bars can be adjusted to whatever amount is needed, guernsey/club logo, player photo, etc.

Original card for context:
Screenshot_20200719-195904_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom