AFL/VFL Trading Card Photoshop

Another glimpse into the future. Haha. Another time consuming one... but has turned out well.
1586239872013.png

I really never expected that this mock-up card would ever have a chance of becoming a reality. I might have had the years wrong, but who cares. Woo! Go Demons!

These are awesome. Is there a name (other than custom card) for this kind of thing? mashup/retro redesign

Maybe a new market for digital NFTs ;p

These are awesome. Is there a name (other than custom card) for this kind of thing? mashup/retro redesign

Maybe a new market for digital NFTs ;p

I guess they are just custom card designs really.

To NFT these works the same as printing them, the designer must have rights to sell it which 9/10 they don't.

I've been mucking around a bit....I get most of the functions of making the cards, but I can never be happy with the fonts.

maddo.jpg

I suggest DaFont or 1001fonts if you want to just make them for fun. All of those fonts are free to use for personal use.

Voss on some EX-2001 Essential Credentials Future

NpftHdD.jpg

One of these is deliberately not quite right one card (not the NFL based stats), as well. But might be hidden in plain sight (and there might be lots of other things wrong that are unintentional)

@mfcrox
Dude I love your work! Would you be interested in doing a few design templates for me?

Hey mate, really depends what it is it. Life circumstances have changed and don't have a lot of time these days unfortunately (hence why I haven't posted any in a while). Let me know though.

Been a while... but just a remake of the 2021 Premiers Set. Hard to get it exact because I can't find the background image. Trialed a bit of a new method for the gold foil effect too. Go Demons!

*** Edit... and Platinum version.

1642421072339.png
1642421126859.png

Last edited:
Ended up finding the background image used on the actual set, also thought I'd make the Max Gawn signature card which is also in line with the actual set. Worked on the platinum foil effect.

Included a photo of the original cards below for a comparison.

1642584541415.png

1642573899774.png

Last edited:
Made the header card and have done the first two player cards from the set (not including Petracca above). Might make a template of the back of the card, the box, and then just work through remaking the whole set if I can be bothered
1642655178739.png

Have to say these are very well done..... love the effect you have on the premiers foiling

Have to say these are very well done..... love the effect you have on the premiers foiling

Cheers mate... much appreciated. The foil effect (particularly the rainbow style 'platinum' is something I've struggled with, but I've started using a different approach and it seems to look better (I think).

Rear of the horizontal cards done too. Just the rear of the Club Logo Header card to do and then that is the full set of templates:
1642749135154.png

Back
Top Bottom