AFL Heritage Signature Collection 2011

Got no idea what number I am getting Richo - from my previous experience it will be some
obscure number that means nothing hahahaha. Will let you know though.

What i said in the other topic, Vic set for Vics /debate
Plenty of "heritage Heroes" from non victorian clubs. And the fact they call it VFL/AFL heritage collection really gets up my nose!

The sooner Vics relise VFL flags, players etc have no bearing on the current AFL the better. Worse still are Vics "counting" pre AFL flags....

What i said in the other topic, Vic set for Vics /debate
Plenty of "heritage Heroes" from non victorian clubs. And the fact they call it VFL/AFL heritage collection really gets up my nose!

The sooner Vics relise VFL flags, players etc have no bearing on the current AFL the better. Worse still are Vics "counting" pre AFL flags....

No. You joined our competition we didn't split off to make a new one, YOU joined us.

Lol we were invited! The day it became the AFL made it a whole different ball game! So much harder to win a preimership etc.
Vic players to have played in the VFL not afl is part of your VFL heritage not afl heratige.
The same way Russel Ebert is part of our heriatge but not our AFL one.

Drop the VFL side of things and there is no herritage. There are 12 current or ex VFL teams in the AFL. There are only 2 from SA. Select are running a business. You run a business to make money. Unfortunetly you cant keep everyone happy. Besides, who's to say they dont bring out some SA and WA players in the next one. It is series 1 after all.

Oh no i totaly see why select are doing what there doing, i just cant stand people and some mates counting VFL flags as AFL ones etc etc.
The VFL still exsists, if it means that much to people get teams to go back there.
As said before if your taking state teams into account as heriatge, Russel Ebert, Barry Robran etc should be included as Part of the Power and Adelaides AFL suppoesed heriatge

You guys are clowns!

Go make another thread to have your STUPID debate, this thread is for us to discuss the 2011 Select Heritage Set

Got no idea what number I am getting Richo - from my previous experience it will be some
obscure number that means nothing hahahaha. Will let you know though.

I have no doubt this set will INCREASE in value but I can't convince myself to spend the $2000!

The $750 I spent on the Cricket Heritage Collection was the most I have spent on a card purchase lol

Fair point.
Back on topic.
I just hope the draft day cards smash this select release and people hold there money for that and keep these sitting on selects shelf.
Might finally send them a message saying that just because you label it as new and exciting, it's not. It's not what collectors have been calling for. It's not change, just the same but slightly different packaged over priced stuff that select is known for.

Hoping draft day lives up to the rumours

Thought I would BUMP this thread because I had some spare cash and was going to buy a set recently as they were still available prior to Select’s website change over. When Select’s website was upgraded they disappeared so I emailed them several times to ask where they were.

The first couple of time I was advised the site was still being populated so please be patient. Well after several months I decided to email and ask again but this time I was advised they are no longer available in an Album and info would be released next year about them.

So my question is to you all........what will happen to the remainder of this release and what will it do to the value of the sets in people‘s collection?

In the past I have had chats about this set with a ex-employee of Select and I suggested they do something similar to the NBA and introduce the cards as a ‘buy-back’ type card in a new release, that way these sensational cards can get into collectors hands that probably wouldn’t have shelled out the $2k for the full album/set.

I am intrigued to see what happens to these cards as I think the value has significantly gone up on this set, just look at the quality of the cards and the players within the set!

Still got mine from the treasure trove drop.

See what happens but a good portion of the players have passed. So don't expect buy back signatures on the base cards.

Back
Top Bottom