Advice on NBA Packs and Boxes: Ask your questions here!

Just placed an order for my birthday present ;)

1 2012/13 Panini Limited Basketball Hobby Box
1 2012/13 Panini Timeless Treasures Basketball Hobby Box (Tin)
1 2011/12 Panini Limited Basketball Hobby Box
1 2011/12 Panini Past & Present Basketball Hobby Box
2 2012 Leaf Basketball 12-Pack Box (2 Autos Per Box!)
1 2012/13 Panini Innovation Basketball Hobby Box
1 2013/14 Panini Prizm Basketball Jumbo Box
1 FREE: (L3) 2x 2012/13 Panini Hoops Basketball 11-Pack Box

Should be fun !!!

How much did that cost in total?

Hey lads who makes the box sets these days?

Looking at starting to collect again next season.

Is it upperdeck?

Hey lads who makes the box sets these days?

Looking at starting to collect again next season.

Is it upperdeck?

Upper Deck only does College ball unfortunately.

Panini is what you want now.

They are doing much better in catering for each collectors wants though.

I'm looking for some advice on my first NBA box or possibly case purchase. I was most into the NBA around the late 80's to mid 90's. I like the thought of autos particularly from players of that era. Not too interested in collecting a full base set or one player in particular, more interested in hopefully getting a couple of cool hits of various better known players and particular past stars from my favourite era.

With that in mind what do I go for? I had been leaning towards Fleer Retro 2011/12 & 2012/13. Is there anything else I could consider? I looked on Dacardworld at various other releases to see if some might fit what I was looking for and was honestly gobsmacked at the sheer number of different releases and series to choose from WTF? I have no idea how to wade thru them all to see what might fit my taste.

The retro stuff are good but they are Rookie pics I'm guessing due to licensing, Maybe I should consider Panini stuff too, but they seem to have a new product every bloody month? Do they have anything that fits my above listed taste too?

I might spend up to about $500 (possibly more if it meant getting a case) but am also reluctant to just buy a mixture of individual boxes in case they come from a case where someone else has already struck gold. Not sure if this sort of thing happens often with some retailers? Was wondering whether just a box of exquisite might be worth a try although I don't know if it's only current players that you can get autos from with release or past ones as well? Any thoughts, comments, suggestions for an NBA card virgin?

Depends what style of card you like, I personally just started this week with a 2012-2013 Prestige box. Have a look at cherrycollectables.com.au they have pretty good prices and are currently running a sale of certain boxes.

I'm looking for some advice on my first NBA box or possibly case purchase. I was most into the NBA around the late 80's to mid 90's. I like the thought of autos particularly from players of that era. Not too interested in collecting a full base set or one player in particular, more interested in hopefully getting a couple of cool hits of various better known players and particular past stars from my favourite era.

With that in mind what do I go for? I had been leaning towards Fleer Retro 2011/12 & 2012/13. Is there anything else I could consider? I looked on Dacardworld at various other releases to see if some might fit what I was looking for and was honestly gobsmacked at the sheer number of different releases and series to choose from WTF? I have no idea how to wade thru them all to see what might fit my taste.

The retro stuff are good but they are Rookie pics I'm guessing due to licensing, Maybe I should consider Panini stuff too, but they seem to have a new product every bloody month? Do they have anything that fits my above listed taste too?

I might spend up to about $500 (possibly more if it meant getting a case) but am also reluctant to just buy a mixture of individual boxes in case they come from a case where someone else has already struck gold. Not sure if this sort of thing happens often with some retailers? Was wondering whether just a box of exquisite might be worth a try although I don't know if it's only current players that you can get autos from with release or past ones as well? Any thoughts, comments, suggestions for an NBA card virgin?

You could go for a case of 11/12 limited. Loads of 90's guys autos.

Springing for a box of exquisite may also whet your appetite.

Panini have so many options, working out what's best for you is all you have to think about. Maybe a couple of boxes of preferred might suit you? But you only get 4 cards per box.

Hey guys been doing some research on cardboardconnection.com and cherrycollectables.com and i just cant nail down a solid box to buy,
- looking for good value for money (under $100)
- i like crazy unique designs of all the cards.
- and a set that is achievable, i looked at some sets and their is 400+ cards and in a box their is like 40-60 cards, as i got kids i just dont have the budget to go out buying 4-5 boxes im looking at 1-2 over period of time.

i have been considering the

2013/14 PANINI BASKETBALL HOBBY BOX from cherrycollectables or
2013/14 PANINI CRUSADE BASKETBALL HOBBY BOX

Any thoughts guys or pointers

Thanks for the replies to my question. I ended up buying a box of 11/12 Fleer Retro and a box of 12/13 Fleer Retro. I almost added a box of Exquisite to my cart too, but decided I might hold off until their next release of that then perhaps have a go. When they arrive I will do a box break thread if anyone is interested. Plus I need some advice on whether others think anything I hit might be nice. lol I quite like the PMG's so hopefully get a couple of decent players on those.

Any
Hey guys been doing some research on cardboardconnection.com and cherrycollectables.com and i just cant nail down a solid box to buy,
- and a set that is achievable, i looked at some sets and their is 400+ cards and in a box their is like 40-60 cards, as i got kids i just dont have the budget to go out buying 4-5 boxes im looking at 1-2 over period of time.

thing guys I'm stuck!!

Panini to me is pretty lame, it's a lower end product.

If you like Designs then maybe the Crusade is your pick. Seems like a great entry level box to go after.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom