A Positive eBay Story for Once

Coopz05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Coopz
eBay User
healfan
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share a positive story I had today with a US seller on ebay.

So a seller listed a Joe Ingles 1/1 I needed for the PC as an auction.

I emailed him and asked if he would consider a buy it now.

He replied 'yes, how much were you thinking?'

I informed the seller that previous Ingles 1/1s on auction I had won in the past range from $xxx-$xxx but that I was willing to pay an amount that was substantially higher than the highest previous 1/1 I purchased if he was willing to sell straight away...

Low and behold I got this response;

Well my friend you're in luck that ONE that Im easy as they come on eBay to deal with. Why make other peoples lives any more difficult as it is these days in the hustle and bustle of the American dream. And TWO I think that's so freaking cool you collect 1/1 Ingles. I admire it big time. Gala is a nice product too. How bout **An Amount MUCH lower than I offered him** with free shipping and if for some reason I hit another 1/1 of his I know where I m going.

How's that sound my friend??

I just had to share this story as we all know that people love to screw over PC collectors especially for 1/1s, and this was just the breath of fresh air I needed when my faith in the hobby was rapidly dwindling.

sometimes it is great to hear these stories and easy to see he enjoys the hobby as much as we do as collectors rather then treat is as a $$ making business

There are a few rare examples of quality people that will help out a fellow collector for no benefit of their own. Its a special thing and it makes the card and the collection have so much more meaning when someone is willing to do that for you. One of the rare and beautiful parts of the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom