93-09 Cricket Card Price Guide!

thanks for replys, Its been a long time since last card guide was printed, would be a interesting read now, things have changed in all areas, who would have thought how things would be today a year ago, I suppose at the end of the day the market sets the price, if you have the money its a good time to buy, thanks Mark,

Here you go Richo:

1997 Sir Donald Bradman 4 card set

This 4 card set sold out within 7 days of release in April 1997. Thee are 500 sets, each containing the 4 cards of Don Bradman. Sir Don signed 50 of each card, and the autograph cards are all numbered 1-50. Each folder is individually numbered /500, and all the Bradman cards are individually numbered on the back, however each set contains cards with random numbers, and the autograph cards were randomly inserted into the 500 sets. The autographed cards also come with a gold stamp on the front of the card that reads "Limited Edition Authentic Autograph".

This means that of the 500 sets, 200 of them contain 1 autograph card, and 300 sets come with all 4 cards unsigned. There are also 10 sets in existence (the first 10 sets) with all 4 cards autographed, and only these 10 sets have all matching numbered cards (#1-10) which also match the number of the folder (#1-10).

Generally the sets without an autograph sell for around $150-200 and the sets with 1 autograph usually sell for around $400-450. The sets with all 4 autos sells for around $2000, however almost all of the 10 are now locked away in collections never to see the light of day.

N.B. There are also 60 Bradman cards (30 of which were signed) which were stamped "PROMOTIONAL CARD ONLY", and a further 100 (50 signed) which were stamped "Sample" /500 which were given away to dealers and promotional events - this is described in more detail in the Futera File. I have one of the Promotional signed cards, here is a pic:

1996 Bradman p72.jpg
image_67204865.JPG

Snap :) Wow this card has been on a journey! It recently joined my collection in England, traveling from it's previous owner in NZ.

Back
Top Bottom