4 x Supergirl & 3 x Star Wars Masterwork

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Had thoughts of getting some Supergirl at some point, but when word got around that Melissa Benoist had signed, I thought I'd better get some before it went up or disappeared altogether. Sadly, no Melissa in my boxes, but I did get her step parents, both who have played Kryptonians in their past. Unfortunately I already have a Helen Slater coming from a break which is a pity.
I also recognised Briana Venskus from somewhere and now realise she was in Agents of Shield as well, so happy to add her auto to the PC. Didn't fare so well with the wardrobe cards with none of Supergirl herself, but I did get a a bonus dual and a /25 Starpower so not all bad. Might go a few more boxes down the track if they don't go too high in price.

0918h (Medium).jpg

0918i (Medium).jpg

And yeah, I know, I'm a sucker. Another Star War set, and I should know better. Anyway, I caved in and went 3 boxes of Masterwork. Product has been REALLY hit and miss by what I've seen. I had the #1 spot in a Case Break on Blowout and ended up taking a sketch. The other 2 cases broken there were just as ordinary!
But I'm still chasing a major cast character and I do like the Masterwork cards, they're pretty nice even if they are overpriced! Again we have manufactured patches/badges which I'm no fan of, but these do look a little better than the SOLO or Last Jedi versions. I'm on the fence when it comes to the Stamp cards. They look okay but are really just another manufactured hit.

Managed only the 1 sketch, which looks to be Maul and Qui Gon fighting on Tatooine. Sketch is by Ward Silverman. Printing plate is nice as I collect those and others have mentioned, I like the way the plate has a card backing on it. Nice Rey /50 purple for the Rey PC and there was also a Mace Windu purple not shown here. A few of the Auto's weren't too much to write home about as I don't collect much of the Animated character stuff, but adding another Bulloch to the PC isn't all bad.

0918j (Medium).jpg

0918k (Medium).jpg

And while it's probably not a mega hit, I'm pretty happy to pull this one and it probably saved the 3 boxes. Dual black /5 auto of John Boyega and Brian Herring!
So all in all, I think I did pretty well. Hopefully the price drops a little and I might go a few more boxes.

18SWMWJBBH.jpg

Very nice! Congrats on the good hit in the GoT break too.

Thanks Mate, yeah, did okay with the spot in that mega break. Sorry yours weren't much chop, I looked for you on the list and it didn't look pretty! I was kind of hoping the Sean Bean would have still been there for me at 10, but I missed out by one pick in the end. But getting a Cersei isn't anything to complain about, that's for sure!

Ha yeah, I haven't been in the top half of a break for many, many breaks in a row now. To make it worse, that GoT break I did great in with the Turner, Ramsay etc got lost in Chile according to the tracking...it hurt really bad. Cest la vie. Still, I'll be all over any future GoT breaks.

That Sean Bean comes up for quite reasonable prices in the secondary market. Have you got one from Valyrian or S1? I have a box of Valyrian about to arrive so will hold back a Bean if I get one.

I'm with you on the Star Wars animated characters. I keep flirting with the idea of starting a SW collection, and that is one of the main things that keeps saving me from wasting my money!

Oh no man, sorry to hear of the lost parcel ! Don't give up hope though, I had totally given up on a parcel posted in October last year form a US break site. I asked at Auspost and the sender in the US checked there too, but nothing, it had just dropped off the planet. Then it went showed up in my letter box in July this year - 9 months later ! So strange things can happen in the postal system...

Yeah, sadly the Star Wars sets these days are being filled with animated voice actors and puppet operators, or extras in background creature suits.

Thanks on the Bean. I don't have one of him at all so would have liked to add him. I did already have a Headey from VS, but still happy to add another that fits in with the other sets. Good luck with your VS box. Looking for anyone in particular?

The cards themselves are very nice, it's just a pity that the boxes are so expensive and that you need so many to make a base set!

And take the Finn card out of it and they're 3 pretty ordinary boxes - The purple Rey is worth more than any of the autos...

Oh no man, sorry to hear of the lost parcel ! Don't give up hope though, I had totally given up on a parcel posted in October last year form a US break site. I asked at Auspost and the sender in the US checked there too, but nothing, it had just dropped off the planet. Then it went showed up in my letter box in July this year - 9 months later ! So strange things can happen in the postal system...

Yeah, sadly the Star Wars sets these days are being filled with animated voice actors and puppet operators, or extras in background creature suits.

Thanks on the Bean. I don't have one of him at all so would have liked to add him. I did already have a Headey from VS, but still happy to add another that fits in with the other sets. Good luck with your VS box. Looking for anyone in particular?

Well, believe it or not a package that looks like it has been sitting at the bottom of a swamp appeared today containing my Turner and Ramsay! Very happy and relieved.

Looking for duals in the VS. I did really well in single main characters, but only managed to hit the lowest dual in my release breaks. I also managed to pick up the Bronn/Jaime dual for a steal last night on Ebay, which is great.

Awesome! Good luck on the chase, some of those duals are getting pricey now too. Glad I managed to get a couple in my boxes, especially the Leslie/Harrington as I wanted that one the most . Still one or two others I wouldn't mind though. Such a great release that one...

Yeah, me too, but I suspect it'll be a regular set as they're timing it for the new series next year....they could do a second VS set at any time.

Back
Top Bottom