2022 collecting goals

To finish 1994-95 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold set only need 91 corbin, 92 chapman, 100 larry johnson, 106 phills, 129 piatowski, 158 barkley, 168 elliott, 171 kemp

1. Finally get a display setup going (eg. glass cabinets and frame stuff that's been sitting around for too long).
2. Pick up a nice and likely overpriced Josh Giddey oncard auto (Flawless or NT).
3. Downsize the collection and reinvest it into something game worn and/or unique/valuable.
4. Chase more signed jerseys.
5. Have more fun with it all, go to more events and give back somehow or in someway. <-- corny I know but I missed so much this year I want a reminder to do it!

Just an update on the above as a bit of self reflection:

✅ 1. Didn't manage to get the display cabinets I really wanted. However, I did pickup the cheap Kmart figurine display which allows me to show off some cards.
❌ 2. No Giddey Flawless in the PC just yet. Prices turned out to be crazier than expected and I was expecting crazy. Might bench this one and get a Next Day Auto instead.
✅ 3. Definitely downsized but still a bit to go and along the way I managed to pickup a Game Worn jersey of a *current* Knicks player.
✅ 4. Had my fun with the Jersey chases. As always plans and priorities in collecting change and I've moved most on and benched this idea as I'm more satisfied with game worn stuff these days.
❌ 5. I've had to miss all the major events this year due to work but the positive is I have leave saved for next year which I intend on doing sport/card related events.

My goals for 2022
  1. Get more Jordan autos
  2. Clear out the $0-$5 piles of cards I have lying around
  3. Send some cards for selling in the US
  4. Get a Zion and Edwards auto for the #1 Draft Pick PC
  5. Try and track down the new additions to the nba@75 list
Here's my update
  1. ❌
  2. ❌
  3. ✅ Sold a couple of nice ones through Goldin and got priced I was happy with too.
  4. ⭕ Edwards yes. Zion no
  5. Knocked a few off. Still missing Carmelo, Tim Duncan, Garnett, Harden, Iverson, Kawhi, Nowitzki, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Westbrook

This is by far my favourite post every year. I don't think I've posted in it for the past couple of years. So, better late than never...

Even though I missed a year or two, my goals are the same every year.

1. Fill any holes in my PG PC.
2. Stop thinking I can have more than 1 PC player.
3. Upload all of my collection into my Trophy Room on MERQARY (about 90% of the way through so far!)
4. Have fun!

1. Get the Motor City Auto Project up to 75
  2. Finish the Pistons set of Donruss Optic Holos
  3. Finish the set of Geelong Hilites
  4. Finish Geelong base set collection
  5. Obtain a Geelong Supremacy signature.
1661755772502.png
- Only up to 74 but #75 is in the mail.
1661755772502.png
- Until 2021-22 gets released. I also need to get 70% of them back from COMC.
3. ⭕ - Down to needing 2 Gary Ablett Jnrs.
4. ⭕ - Down to needing about 40 cards. Good shout at getting there.
5. ❌- Can't see it happening.

My goal is to finish my major pack/ box break project ranging from the early 90's through to today which I have been working on now for over 12 months.

All up, I will probably finish up with around 500 or so packs

Current situation:

1990's packs - 106 packs (about 90% complete)
2000's packs - 50 packs (about 70% complete. This has been the toughest era to find packs that are desirable but at a reasonable price)
2010's packs - 49 packs (about 80% complete.)
2020-21's packs - 240 packs (close to 100% complete. Mostly retail box formats)

The plan is to complete the pack purchases over the next few months

Have all the stock shipped here from SMC's

Document the pack/ box break here including a giveaway for thread participants

2nd half of the year will be chasing Giddey RC's
My goal is to finish my major pack/ box break project ranging from the early 90's through to today which I have been working on now for over 12 months.

All up, I will probably finish up with around 500 or so packs - Will end up being about 350. Half of that 500 pack target was the 2020-21 season. Most of the 2020-21 stuff I ended up selling off rather than opening myself which is why the overall pack total has dropped.

Current situation:

1990's packs - 106 packs (about 90% complete) - Finished with about 160 packs
2000's packs - 50 packs (about 70% complete. This has been the toughest era to find packs that are desirable but at a reasonable price) - 90 packs
2010's packs - 49 packs (about 80% complete.) - Just over 100 packs
2020-21's packs - 240 packs (close to 100% complete. Mostly retail box formats) - Chose to sell off all my mega's rather than opening them. Opened the rest of the 2020-21 product in the Breaks forum.

The plan is to complete the pack purchases over the next few months - Purchases are completed. Missed out on some stuff I would have liked but you can't have everything.

Have all the stock shipped here from SMC's - Last shipment has been requested

Document the pack/ box break here including a giveaway for thread participants - Keep an eye out for this. Coming soon!

All MJ's

1. 98-99 Roundball Royalty Refractor with Peel
2. 96-97 BMOC Zpeat
3. 98-99 Topps Gold Label Red /100
4. 98-99 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion /100
5. Bulls Uni On card Auto
🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
My Card goals changed quite a bit...(still all MJ)

1. 98-99 Roundball Royalty Refractor with Peel ❌
2. 96-97 BMOC Zpeat ❌
3. 98-99 Topps Gold Label Red /100 ❌
4. 98-99 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion /100 ❌
5. Bulls Uni On card Auto ❌
6. 96-97 Ex2000 Net Assets ✅
7. 97-98 Hoops High Voltage (Base) ✅
8. 95-96 TSC Warpspeed ✅
9. 97-98 Fleer Tiffany ✅

Hope to finish the year off with accquiring the first 3🤞🤞🤞

All up, I will probably finish up with around 500 or so packs - Will end up being about 350. Half of that 500 pack target was the 2020-21 season. Most of the 2020-21 stuff I ended up selling off rather than opening myself which is why the overall pack total has dropped.

Current situation:

1990's packs - 106 packs (about 90% complete) - Finished with about 160 packs
2000's packs - 50 packs (about 70% complete. This has been the toughest era to find packs that are desirable but at a reasonable price) - 90 packs
2010's packs - 49 packs (about 80% complete.) - Just over 100 packs
2020-21's packs - 240 packs (close to 100% complete. Mostly retail box formats) - Chose to sell off all my mega's rather than opening them. Opened the rest of the 2020-21 product in the Breaks forum.

The plan is to complete the pack purchases over the next few months - Purchases are completed. Missed out on some stuff I would have liked but you can't have everything.

Have all the stock shipped here from SMC's - Last shipment has been requested

Document the pack/ box break here including a giveaway for thread participants - Keep an eye out for this. Coming soon!

I think i can call this complete!

1. Get the Motor City Auto Project up to 75 ✔️
  2. Finish the Pistons set of Donruss Optic Holos ✔️ (excludes latest release)
  3. Finish the set of Geelong Hilites ✖️
  4. Finish Geelong base set collection ✖️
  5. Obtain a Geelong Supremacy signature. ✖️

Back
Top Bottom