2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Don’t worry , I doubt you’ll hear that song too many more times this year .Just making up the numbers unfortunately.
Dont get me wrong I think it's probably the second best song in the NRL and often find myself singing along but not at Kogarah.....

Yep with SJ gone and Royce out I think it will be a had slog to progress.

But hey I would happily take that over no finals........again.

Ross

Dont get me wrong I think it's probably the second best song in the NRL and often find myself singing along but not at Kogarah.....

Yep with SJ gone and Royce out I think it will be a had slog to progress.

But hey I would happily take that over no finals........again.

Ross

You might have a chance of hearing it one more time at Kogarah this year

This is the Raiders side taking on the Sharks this week

1. Adam Cook
2. Semi Valemei
3. Matt Timoko
4. Harley Smith-Shields
5. Nick Cotric
6. Matt Frawley
7. Sam Williams (C)
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Tom Starling
10. Sia Soliola
11. Hudson Young
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Siliva Havili
14. Kai O’Donnell
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Darby Medlyn
17. Jarrett Subloo

It's not so bad when it against someone else the real pain was Rnd12 as it was an away game for St George.

Team lists are full of reserve graders.

Not good for SuperCoach Grand Finals..........

You might have a chance of hearing it one more time at Kogarah this year

This is the Raiders side taking on the Sharks this week

1. Adam Cook
2. Semi Valemei
3. Matt Timoko
4. Harley Smith-Shields
5. Nick Cotric
6. Matt Frawley
7. Sam Williams (C)
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Tom Starling
10. Sia Soliola
11. Hudson Young
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Siliva Havili
14. Kai O’Donnell
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Darby Medlyn
17. Jarrett Subloo

Interesting option by Stick. Still an outside chance of a top 4 spot although I can’t see Parramatta falling to the Tigers regardless of Benji sentiment.

Sharks are always physically tough, never more so than when they down on numbers and being written off. I get the need to rest players who have niggles and not risk further injury, particularly as Canberra will play the Sharks in week 1 but with an outside chance at the 4, do you roll the dice?

The other aspect I hadn’t considered which was raised on 360, the almighty TV dollar!! They pay for and expect a certain product, Canberra have effectively named a reserve grade side, I wonder if the NRL will say anything?

Interesting option by Stick. Still an outside chance of a top 4 spot although I can’t see Parramatta falling to the Tigers regardless of Benji sentiment.

Sharks are always physically tough, never more so than when they down on numbers and being written off. I get the need to rest players who have niggles and not risk further injury, particularly as Canberra will play the Sharks in week 1 but with an outside chance at the 4, do you roll the dice?

The other aspect I hadn’t considered which was raised on 360, the almighty TV dollar!! They pay for and expect a certain product, Canberra have effectively named a reserve grade side, I wonder if the NRL will say anything?
Doubt they will.

It'll be pretty funny if we take Parra's top 4 spot with this team.

This will be only around the third or fourth game Whitehead has missed since his debut for us in round 1 of 2016. The guy is a machine, only missed a handful of minutes over the entire season last year and wouldn't be surprised if it's similar so far this year.

I don’t like it. Giving up a chance at top 4 is madness. The stats show 1 team winning it from outside the top 4 since 1995!! I get players have niggles but the stats are damning. I’m hoping against hope that this team somehow wins the 5:30 game......it’ll make the next game pretty exciting. Surely Wests will lift for Benji and Lawrence and Parra are struggling. It’s a tough one but I think you’ve got to play your best team and hope no injuries. And as for will the NRL punish them for playing a reserve grade side......it’s a given isn’t it, they can’t wait to stick the boot in at every opportunity.......who could forget the “hope they wither on the vine” quote Sticky said one of the NRL officials was heard to say. It’s definitely a New South Wales comp if you’re a Raiders supporter!,,,

Last edited:
Can anyone remember if they would rest players in the 80s before finals ? I understand different era and professional now but I really don’t like it . I do remember Brian Smith taking a player off and playing with 12 before a grand final and that didn’t pan out real well.

.........The other aspect I hadn’t considered which was raised on 360, the almighty TV dollar!! They pay for and expect a certain product, Canberra have effectively named a reserve grade side, I wonder if the NRL will say anything?

Not just TV $$$s but what about all fans with the punting, footy tipping, SuperCoach etc that have their bets compromised after a 20 rounds of riding them home. I would hate to have a futures bet on and have it come down to a match where a team has basically decided to forfeit.

It shouldn't be allowed to happen, rest 1 or 2 maybe but what Ricky is doing is taking the piss.

Not just TV $$$s but what about all fans with the punting, footy tipping, SuperCoach etc that have their bets compromised after a 20 rounds of riding them home. I would hate to have a futures bet on and have it come down to a match where a team has basically decided to forfeit.

It shouldn't be allowed to happen, rest 1 or 2 maybe but what Ricky is doing is taking the piss.
its really tanking.

A thing of beauty 😍

Screenshot_20200928-115331_Gallery.jpg

Proof the Dally M is flawed .
Not even talking about Cleary finishing 3rd. How did Shaun Johnson scam his way on there 🤦‍♂️
If Penrith win the gf maybe they will right their wrong with a Churchill instead ?

Attachments

• D864F7B6-6AAC-4CA7-A1A5-64A41EB6A9B6.png
    D864F7B6-6AAC-4CA7-A1A5-64A41EB6A9B6.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 79
Agreed the Dally M is flawed, just like last year when people giving vote didn’t even watch the game. They need to do it like the AFL Brownlow. Vote cards, lock and key protected by armour gaurd. Makes it worse the paper leaked the winner. Huge question marks, not even considering the betting Mark side of things.

Yeah terrible form . I read they gave clearance to Nathan and Ivan and they were sitting there waiting for the announcement and heard from the newspaper first .

Proof the Dally M is flawed .
Not even talking about Cleary finishing 3rd. How did Shaun Johnson scam his way on there 🤦‍♂️
If Penrith win the gf maybe they will right their wrong with a Churchill instead ?
Not surprised Cleary didnt win it, as the award used to be always a player without indiscretions that year when it used to be best and fairest, it's why so many have missed out in the past.
As for Johnson I am also not surprised that he accumulated that many points as well. He topped the chart for most try assists with 23 (on both nrl and fox) with Luai being the next on 21 which he got 4 assists in the last round (20). Sharks couldn't have made the finals without his efforts and those try assists.
But do agree the who dally m awards are massively flawed as it relies on judges opinions to accumulate points. Theres got to be a better way to score players then just opinions.

A
Not surprised Cleary didnt win it, as the award used to be always a player without indiscretions that year when it used to be best and fairest, it's why so many have missed out in the past.
As for Johnson I am also not surprised that he accumulated that many points as well. He topped the chart for most try assists with 23 (on both nrl and fox) with Luai being the next on 21 which he got 4 assists in the last round (20). Sharks couldn't have made the finals without his efforts and those try assists.
But do agree the who dally m awards are massively flawed as it relies on judges opinions to accumulate points. Theres got to be a better way to score players then just opinions.
I know people like stats but Johnson played half a year , find me a Sharks fan that would give him a wrap and I’d be surprised. Goal kicking has been amateur at best .
As for indiscretions, it was my belief they stopped taking that into account years ago . Save the charity stories for another award . He also won a Churchill medal in a losing team that was controversial.
Also if you look at the top 5 dally m points on each team that tells the story .
Papali was the next best for Canberra with 7 points I believe .

Back
Top Bottom