2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Damn forward pass call against Manly.

Cost me my multi and a try assist / line break assist for Super Coach
I was in my room,and all i heard from my son who was in the lounge room watching the manly/parra game was OH G-T F----D.Robbed again.If your team gets refereed by Ben Cummins your in trouble.😣

Last edited:
I was watching on my phone. I thought we'd snatched a win at the last second. Had no idea about the forward pass call and did not agree with it. I think "WTF" was my reaction. I had to assume they had already used their captain's challenge as I missed the first bit of the game. Good game in any case and Manly can hold their heads high, even if they did get ****** over (again) by a "poor" decision.

Mistakes were made both ways during the game. The only reason the forward pass mistakes was called out was because it was the last play of the game. If manly were given the try, would of been in the same boat with the video ref under fire for calling a try despite losing control of the ball and resulting in giving manly 6 points for a wrong call robbing parra of a win.
Video refs have no excuse to get a call wrong compared to a linesman who has to make a split decision to determine whether the ball came out of the hands backwards, need to go back to when the ball went forward it was a forward pass. No grey areas and easy for a decision to be made, they could also then give the ability for a video to then rule on forward passes as technology would be able to accomodate that rule

BD1EF8BF-DF6E-4048-872F-0379B717F862.png

Mistakes were made both ways during the game. The only reason the forward pass mistakes was called out was because it was the last play of the game. If manly were given the try, would of been in the same boat with the video ref under fire for calling a try despite losing control of the ball and resulting in giving manly 6 points for a wrong call robbing parra of a win.
Video refs have no excuse to get a call wrong compared to a linesman who has to make a split decision to determine whether the ball came out of the hands backwards, need to go back to when the ball went forward it was a forward pass. No grey areas and easy for a decision to be made, they could also then give the ability for a video to then rule on forward passes as technology would be able to accomodate that rule

BD1EF8BF-DF6E-4048-872F-0379B717F862.png
Not to mention DCE's forward pass in Tafua's 2nd try either. In fact Levi threw about 8 of them from dummy half all night, Parra got one called in the end

Waqa Blake WOW. Panthers will be having nightmares . The ball to Gutherson was as good as you get .Also not his fault for the loss ,but Mansour was really trying to be the hero on that last play and come up with a shocker

I’m a mad NRL and AFL fan. But I don’t know how some of them blokes (& Women in WNRL) are still standing with the hits they take! The sounds of some of them. Also I think it’s time the AFL actually THANKS the NRL. Peter V’Landy went through hell getting the NRL started again. Copped so much criticism & once up and going the AFL jumped on the coat tail of it. Then again like wise with fans, he copped it so bad, the. Suprise suprise the AFL has fans. Credit is due, he’s done a great job in the face of adversity (end rant lol)!

Parra v Penrith was a really enjoyable and tough game of footy. Both are definitely premiership contenders although Penrith do seem to fade in the last 20 where as Parra grow an extra leg. Big fan of Matterson and Gutherson, look forward to getting a Gutherson jersey booklet in this years Elite!

It was a cracking game, both contenders for sure. I think Penrith probably have more improvement in them to come whilst I'm not sure the Eels have as much. Panthers lost an 80 minute player in Capewell very early, Cleary will be better for the playing his first game in 12-13 weeks under the new rules, Liam Martin first game as well and Dylan Edwards still to come into the side.

All that said are you trying to do a Dezzie and deflect from the Raiders who have got to be up there and about as premiership favorites after a gutsy win?

It's great to have the footy back and if the Dragons only win 1 more game this season Rnd11 v Sharks I would say it hasn't been a bad year for us.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom