2022 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Why would they ever get rid of one from each state instead of getting rid of the congested Sydney teams if the object was expansion into new areas? If those were the criteria: Storm, only Melbourne team, safe. Canberra, an established regional team outside of Sydney and like Newcastle, with the population to support it, safe. Warriors, only NZ team, safe. Roosters, an establishment and the richest club. Safe. You'd be much better off losing Cronulla (Or the Dragons but they also cover the Illawarra) and a team or two from central/ western Sydney. GC is a reasonable option, especially considering their financial woes, but I'm not sure replacing them with a second Brisbane team would work. A second Brisbane team is aimed at splitting and expanding the Broncos fan base, not killing the GC.
I say keep them all, just sit down and work it out

Why would they ever get rid of one from each state instead of getting rid of the congested Sydney teams if the object was expansion into new areas? If those were the criteria: Storm, only Melbourne team, safe. Canberra, an established regional team outside of Sydney and like Newcastle, with the population to support it, safe. Warriors, only NZ team, safe. Roosters, an establishment and the richest club. Safe. You'd be much better off losing Cronulla (Or the Dragons but they also cover the Illawarra) and a team or two from central/ western Sydney. GC is a reasonable option, especially considering their financial woes, but I'm not sure replacing them with a second Brisbane team would work. A second Brisbane team is aimed at splitting and expanding the Broncos fan base, not killing the GC.
Yeah was obviously a joke but I know some people are a bit slow so I added pictures.But glad you had time to state the obvious 😂😂

If a team is broke...esp a Sydney team...the NRL can offer a relocation to Perth / Adelaide and help them out. If that isnt acceptable to said club, then there's always oblivion...which from my experience is not much fun.

In a new world order, you'd think - hypothetically - the NRL would want a blue print for 16 teams (expansion and Sydney contraction sorted all at once) :

NQ
Brisbane
*** Brisbane 2 ***
GC or relocated to Brisbane 2
Newcastle / Hunter
Canberra / Riverina
Melbourne
Adelaide (relocated Sydney team?)
Perth (relocated Sydney team?)
Auckland
Illawarra / South Coast
Central Coast (relocated Sydney team)
*** 4-5 Sydney teams *** (need 2 Brisbane teams IMHO)

The great Arthur Summons has passed away at the age of 84.

He will live on through this enduring image.

1589673666744.png

Back
Top Bottom