2020 Elite NRL - UPDATED Checklist Page 41

Well said mate. Regarding ongoing value, I feel distribution is key to this. TLA want to push there stock onto resellers as quickly as possible, which I get. The secondary market then overflows and prices drop. How a black LS or YG can sell for under $100 is beyond me.

Look at the much maligned (by some) Glory release. It certainly had some deficiencies but because the stock was not dumped, prices are very solid. I have sold my spare box level signatures (Future Famers) for a minimum of $45ea. These are numbered to /400, you can’t get $35 for some LS numbered to /90.

Agree 100% with this. Dealers committing to the majority of the release do need to have some respect for the product. Their actions have the greatest impact on the secondary market due to the volume they possess so there should be an inherent responsibility there to protect the value of the product for collectors.

If a collector has a fire sale after they've opened a few boxes or entered a few breaks, it's not enough product to impact overall prices in the market. If dealers then try to compete against these same prices with the position they're in, there's a snowball affect on the entire market.

If a dealer finds themselves having to continuously lower their auction starting prices or lower their listing prices, it means the release is being oversupplied. Ideally, you have dealers that can read this and pull back on excessive listings and allow a more natural supply/demand balance to occur.

Brendan's example of Glory hits the nail on the head. Because of the way that dealer manages his release, by not undermining the product by oversupplying the market, a collector can come in and sell a Future Famer for $45. And as per Brendan's opinion of Glory above, this instils confidence in the product longer term.

If a dealer is committed to building a stronger hobby long term, they probably need to accept that there will be times they have to sacrifice a quick dollar over maintaining stable conditions in the secondary market.

A dealer that continues to devalue product by way of sheer volume into the market likely ordered too much stock and needs to keep it moving to cover costs OR their business in the hobby isn't their primary job, it's a side hustle where their interest is getting in,flipping everything for a few dollars, getting out, with not much concern about what they leave behind them.

Someone from Supremacy 2 AFL if its Australian. The nerve some of the players have. But then again, look at the Lockyer Dynasty Sig which sold to days ago. Number 002 sold for $800. So they probably think well why not if some else profits of it.

Lets hope for some good decent Elite Sigs. Now makes sense which how and why they do what they do. Lets hope the sticker autos don't creep in to keep costs down :/
I think that’s part of the problem . They don’t realise that it’s the card and number
An ex dragon,s/panthers player who had a very good kicking game collected nba cards.
He wouldn’t have 4 chins now would he ?

Agree 100% with this. Dealers committing to the majority of the release do need to have some respect for the product. Their actions have the greatest impact on the secondary market due to the volume they possess so there should be an inherent responsibility there to protect the value of the product for collectors.

If a collector has a fire sale after they've opened a few boxes or entered a few breaks, it's not enough product to impact overall prices in the market. If dealers then try to compete against these same prices with the position they're in, there's a snowball affect on the entire market.

If a dealer finds themselves having to continuously lower their auction starting prices or lower their listing prices, it means the release is being oversupplied. Ideally, you have dealers that can read this and pull back on excessive listings and allow a more natural supply/demand balance to occur.

Brendan's example of Glory hits the nail on the head. Because of the way that dealer manages his release, by not undermining the product by oversupplying the market, a collector can come in and sell a Future Famer for $45. And as per Brendan's opinion of Glory above, this instils confidence in the product longer term.

If a dealer is committed to building a stronger hobby long term, they probably need to accept that there will be times they have to sacrifice a quick dollar over maintaining stable conditions in the secondary market.

A dealer that continues to devalue product by way of sheer volume into the market likely ordered too much stock and needs to keep it moving to cover costs OR their business in the hobby isn't their primary job, it's a side hustle where their interest is getting in,flipping everything for a few dollars, getting out, with not much concern about what they leave behind them.
interesting insight, love to learn more about the industry every year.

With that said - Can we go early on elite - Promise we won’t tell TLA 😃😃😃😃

Michael dont you think the manufacturer of the cards plays a big part in the stability you want or need. If they advertise 50 sets for predictors then only do 20 or advertise only 20 sets then do 35 as well as changing the game by changing their minds about insert sets all the while thinking it does not matter what i promise they will get what I give them. THAT fails to promote stability.

Michael dont you think the manufacturer of the cards plays a big part in the stability you want or need. If they advertise 50 sets for predictors then only do 20 or advertise only 20 sets then do 35 as well as changing the game by changing their minds about insert sets all the while thinking it does not matter what i promise they will get what I give them. THAT fails to promote stability.

Absolutely! My post was was in reply to Brendan's regarding the impact of dealers. But yes, communication & consistency are obviously major influences from the manufacturers side.

Just had an update from TLA that Elite is already 100% allocated at the wholesale level.

There is an allocation to the newsagents which has been reduced this year however all other cases have been allocated to resellers.

In short its SOLD OUT at the wholesale level.

Just had an update from TLA that Elite is already 100% allocated at the wholesale level.

There is an allocation to the newsagents which has been reduced this year however all other cases have been allocated to resellers.

In short its SOLD OUT at the wholesale level.
That’s a fair effort how many cases did they produce

Back
Top Bottom