2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

i enjoy busting packs but at $8 each every pack is a net loss unless you get a captain or numbered hit. i would not mind the newsagents having less hits overall if the packs were a reasonable price. even if the newsagent runs only had ls/yg/unsigned patch and ruby/sapphire but were only $5 or $6 a pack i feel like collectors would be more satisfied overall

i just hate that the hobby is moving towards individuals breaking boxes/cases and leaving pack busts behind. i think getting hits from loose packs is ultimately the most satisfying thing about collecting. not a fan of the current flooding - would rather bust or swap for cards myself and have very rarely purchased singles

i enjoy busting packs but at $8 each every pack is a net loss unless you get a captain or numbered hit. i would not mind the newsagents having less hits overall if the packs were a reasonable price. even if the newsagent runs only had ls/yg/unsigned patch and ruby/sapphire but were only $5 or $6 a pack i feel like collectors would be more satisfied overall

i just hate that the hobby is moving towards individuals breaking boxes/cases and leaving pack busts behind. i think getting hits from loose packs is ultimately the most satisfying thing about collecting. not a fan of the current flooding - would rather bust or swap for cards myself and have very rarely purchased singles

I haven't bought a single pack this series only cause I have not found any yet. I have busted 14 boxes for 2 x signature jersey booklets and 2 x spotlight jersey redemption's.

No packs have arrived in Darwin yet.
I was down in Sydney to pick up my case. It is pretty piss poor by ESP that stockist don’t have them

Is there going to be a booster set for this release as well like the best and less traders? Anyone here anything on this?

JaJa's Collectables 17 Grant St, Bacchus Marsh VIC 3340

Thanks - is that it? Bacchus Marsh is more than 70 mins drive from me so may as well be a totally different city.

Real shame that Card Zone don’t stock TLA products - does anyone know why?

Thanks - is that it? Bacchus Marsh is more than 70 mins drive from me so may as well be a totally different city.

He does stock smaller amounts of some earlier TLA releases. Have you called to see if he has any? Steve might have grabbed a case or two.

He does stock smaller amounts of some earlier TLA releases. Have you called to see if he has any? Steve might have grabbed a case or two.

I was there earlier in the week, aside from Glory, the last NRL release he stocked was 2016 Elite, unfortunately.

As in no hits what so ever or just Rubys?
Nothing no Ruby’s no signatures

No hits what ever

ESP said we don’t guarantee the ratios per box

ESP comes back with an offer of 4 packs of Elite, I told them no thanks, I’ll be happy for an exchange of my box.

Pretty sure sunshine collectables has some he did last week

Purchased a dud unopened box today :(

From where? A newsagent - in which case their stock has a high probability of no ruby mojos as has been highlighted earlier in the thread (following on from last years established precedent) - or one of the eBay sellers that sell newsagent stock but don't specifically state it's newsagent stock? If it was dealer/hobby stock with no ruby then I'd be p*ssed too! There have been reports of dealer boxes with no hits other than a ruby (effectively a dud box), but the case averages are pretty much correct.

From where? A newsagent - in which case their stock has a high probability of no ruby mojos as has been highlighted earlier in the thread (following on from last years established precedent) - or one of the eBay sellers that sell newsagent stock but don't specifically state it's newsagent stock? If it was dealer/hobby stock with no ruby then I'd be p*ssed too! There have been reports of dealer boxes with no hits other than a ruby (effectively a dud box), but the case averages are pretty much correct.
Where’s that said? Last year I got a few mojo in newsagent ones lol.
It’s a newsagent box.

I purchased a few packs from newsagent in Sydney and got a sig and mojo

Back
Top Bottom