2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

I do like how the mojo ruby were. As my thinking it would encourage trading abit more. Though hearing there has been a lot of cases not busted would not help that

I’m chasing no#5 mojo and so far I’m missing two lol
I’m chasing #02, i need 3 more

All I ask is at $180 a pop no dud boxes please, at least with select you get a signature of some sort :) rant over

Issue is that for this to happen (what Select did) you will have signature cards like the cards from the Glory at one per box set selling for $20-30 a pop because they are numbered to 300+.

I think with Elite, you need about 5 - 6 signatures a case and then really limited content to plug the gaps. They need to expand more on things like jersey cards (across all teams) and look at having a case hit that includes all teams.

10 Boxes a case

1 - League Sensation #/80
2 - League Sensation #/80
3 - League Sensation Gold #/40
4 - Young Guns #/80
5 - Young Guns #/80
6 - Young Guns Gold #/40
7 - Jersey Card #/80
8 - Jersey Card #/80
9 - Jersey Signature Prime Patch #/40
10 - Rare Case Hit 1 Per Team #/40

All boxes would get a decent hit and on top of that would also get a Ruby Mojo #/40 (10 per case) plus if other Mojo Cards were inserted as single cards you would potentially get 5 x Sapphires #/20 per case and 2 or 3 x Emerald Mojos #/10

So for a case you would potentially have 27 or 28 Hits across all major inserts.

Cheers
Matt

Issue is that for this to happen (what Select did) you will have signature cards like the cards from the Glory at one per box set selling for $20-30 a pop because they are numbered to 300+.

I think with Elite, you need about 5 - 6 signatures a case and then really limited content to plug the gaps. They need to expand more on things like jersey cards (across all teams) and look at having a case hit that includes all teams.

10 Boxes a case

1 - League Sensation #/80
2 - League Sensation #/80
3 - League Sensation Gold #/40
4 - Young Guns #/80
5 - Young Guns #/80
6 - Young Guns Gold #/40
7 - Jersey Card #/80
8 - Jersey Card #/80
9 - Jersey Signature Prime Patch #/40
10 - Rare Case Hit 1 Per Team #/40

All boxes would get a decent hit and on top of that would also get a Ruby Mojo #/40 (10 per case) plus if other Mojo Cards were inserted as single cards you would potentially get 5 x Sapphires #/20 per case and 2 or 3 x Emerald Mojos #/10

So for a case you would potentially have 27 or 28 Hits across all major inserts.

Cheers
Matt
That would be good. I was happy last yrs real except for the two bloody thurtson ball cards.

Box card, sig in one box. If you really one maybe make another inset a numbered one in each box.

The more that goes in it, I bet the $ would jump

I think regardless of how the boxes and cases are collated with numbered hits, they will struggle to hold value as most TLA products do after the first few weeks. At present, you struggle to get $40 for a League Sensation or a Young Gun either /90 or /130 and the blacks, despite being great cards, are mostly available for under $200 each (Souths, Dragons and Eels being exceptions) and these are a case hit.

Every box should contain two numbered hits, one being the ruby mojo. The pleasing aspect of the rubies being inserted individually is that instead of a set selling for less than $100 when they were a case hit, they are worth north of $150.

I think Elite should do away with mojos and number the standard parallels.

The last 2 years' sets had parallels at 1:2 packs over a production run of approximately 6400 boxes which totals to about 76800 parallels printed. "Hits" that make up half the box, are worth less than it costs to ship them and in the case of last year had a worse design than the commons.

If we took the 160 card parallel set and serial numbered them to 480 it would give them some actual value. They wouldn't skyrocket, but there would be enough value in them to at least feel like you haven't made a complete loss per packet. People would actually have incentive to trade and sell parallels instead of just dumping them to team collectors and loose pack sales would increase. Serial numbering does dictate interest especially in a set like Elite - the 2014 WCH parallels were more limited than the signature cards but attracted much less interest because they didn't have proper serial numbering.

The ruby singles last year showed that people were willing to try and collect a numbered parallel set one by one, you could easily replace the mojos with another numbered insert.

The last 2 years' sets had parallels at 1:2 packs over a production run of approximately 6400 boxes which totals to about 76800 parallels printed. "Hits" that make up half the box, are worth less than it costs to ship them and in the case of last year had a worse design than the commons.

If we took the 160 card parallel set and serial numbered them to 480 it would give them some actual value. They wouldn't skyrocket, but there would be enough value in them to at least feel like you haven't made a complete loss per packet. People would actually have incentive to trade and sell parallels instead of just dumping them to team collectors and loose pack sales would increase. Serial numbering does dictate interest especially in a set like Elite - the 2014 WCH parallels were more limited than the signature cards but attracted much less interest because they didn't have proper serial numbering.

The ruby singles last year showed that people were willing to try and collect a numbered parallel set one by one, you could easily replace the mojos with another numbered insert.
Probably one of the better ideas I’ve seen that’s for sure 👌

Definitely an excellent suggestion.

The Charter Class Chromes from 18 Glory are all individually numbered to /566 and are 1:3 packets. This gives you an extra 12 serial numbered cards per box of Glory.

The prices on this for higher numbers have been consistent at $3-$4 per card and some lower numbered and jersey numbered cards have hit well over $20 and into the low $30's.

What a cluster if it's true. Putting a team set of Blacks together last year would have been impossible, or at best VERY expensive, given the amount of boxes unopened I hear referenced and the fact that putting a set of Ruby's together was more expensive than buying a team set of EMERALD in some cases! I can see the unopened stock situation only getting worse with the current Dynamic-like over-saturation. Sounds like they are now doing their best to kill team set collectors along with already dead master set (RIP) collectors. The only people I can see benefiting from that logic are those who bust to sell.

They killed this common card collector with that box card crap.

Done it again with Paralell this year.

The only challenge with numbering all the Parallels would be the additional cost involved in production.

Numbering the Mojos even at say .25 cents per card for the numbering would cost:

40+20+10+5 x 10 players a team x 16 teams @.25 per card equals = $3,000 (Estimated)

Numbering the Parallels 480 x 10 x 16 teams @.25 per card equals = $19,200 (Estimated - and there would probably be a lower rate based on the volume so this is a worst case scenario).

I know for a fact, the question would be asked - does spending $16,200 extra on numbering the base parallels improve sales by such a significant amount that this would be viable? Would collectors go and buy more product if the base parallels were numbered?

Im sure there would be a small increase in sales, but I dont think it would be enough to justify the additional costs.

For TLA, Traders is there big product of the year in terms of profit margins on sales due to the volume manufactured.

Elite margins are lower and the risk of not making a return on this is much greater so they have to balance the costs out to ensure the release is viable.

Cheers
Matt

Good explanation.

Something needs to be done though to make the lower end Elite inserts hold value. Look at the Elite Impacts from 17 Elite. 4 per box and 40 per case which isn't even a complete set. Realistically it is 16 boxes to complete this set yet you can pick up a complete set for $20-$30.

Weren't TLA considering purchasing a foil stamping / numbering machine of their own?

In the long run this would be beneficial for them.

Just another thought for 2020 elite release.A reward points scheme ,were you can redeem your points for a certain card.Might work.

The only challenge with numbering all the Parallels would be the additional cost involved in production.

Numbering the Mojos even at say .25 cents per card for the numbering would cost:

40+20+10+5 x 10 players a team x 16 teams @.25 per card equals = $3,000 (Estimated)

Numbering the Parallels 480 x 10 x 16 teams @.25 per card equals = $19,200 (Estimated - and there would probably be a lower rate based on the volume so this is a worst case scenario).

I know for a fact, the question would be asked - does spending $16,200 extra on numbering the base parallels improve sales by such a significant amount that this would be viable? Would collectors go and buy more product if the base parallels were numbered?

Im sure there would be a small increase in sales, but I dont think it would be enough to justify the additional costs.

For TLA, Traders is there big product of the year in terms of profit margins on sales due to the volume manufactured.

Elite margins are lower and the risk of not making a return on this is much greater so they have to balance the costs out to ensure the release is viable.

Cheers
Matt
Would love a printing plate. These could be ones of ones . Would be different too which hasn’t been explored, I noticed some of non sports cards to this

After watching Xerri in space tonight it got me thinking about how good a crop of young players are emerging this year. I hope that many of these players are part of the YGS set in Elite.

My picks

Brisbane - Isaako

Canberra - Nicoll-Klokstad (very unlikely given his late signing, think it will be Guler)

Canterbury - Okunbor (again, wasn't in the frame early, likely Martin)

Cronulla - Xerri

Gold Coast - Brimson

Manly - Garrick

Melbourne - Brandon Smith

Newcastle - Ramien

Nth Qld - Clifford

Parramatta - Brown or Niukore

Penrith - Kikau

Souths - Graham

St George - Lawrie

Easts - Radley

NZ - Papali'i (Tavita-Harris also a good option)

Wests - Marsters

Back
Top Bottom