2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

@Matt26

Cheers mate.

This is 100% accurate. Our store gets stock from Gordon & Gotch, Ikon and also Diggaz.

Unfortunately due to the decline in sales (and the fact that I no longer try to compete on an individual card level) has seen us rely mainly on the G&G supply.

When I was purchasing large qty's it was always done with Ikon or Diggaz. Now that we struggle to go through a case G&G is the easiest solution.

That being said we are ordering some stock from Ikon for Elite. And I'd be happy to increase that order if anyone wanted stock from me.
(If I had enough for a case I would raffle off the case card)

And NO, I won't let you stand at my counter with a scale and weigh the packs :D

NOR am I a elderly asian lady! :D

Mark.
Mark does sound suspiciously like a Taiwanese name 🤦‍♂️

@Matt26

Cheers mate.

This is 100% accurate. Our store gets stock from Gordon & Gotch, Ikon and also Diggaz.

Unfortunately due to the decline in sales (and the fact that I no longer try to compete on an individual card level) has seen us rely mainly on the G&G supply.

When I was purchasing large qty's it was always done with Ikon or Diggaz. Now that we struggle to go through a case G&G is the easiest solution.

That being said we are ordering some stock from Ikon for Elite. And I'd be happy to increase that order if anyone wanted stock from me.
(If I had enough for a case I would raffle off the case card)

And NO, I won't let you stand at my counter with a scale and weigh the packs :D

NOR am I a elderly asian lady! :D

Mark.
Right on Mark.theres always a way around a crap system.

So basically the statement TLA put out is false lol
Not really a false statment Joel, they just dont want to tell the whole truth.
They are somewhat protecting there interests and the dealers by giving the information to dealers and sites like this.
Imagine if they put the right information out there on newsagency stock that certain cards are not available in newsagencys, ie you cannot get all the cards you need to complete your sets from any newsagengy, you have to contact a dealer to get them.
Sales would plummet across the country.

Imagine all the mums and dads buying there kids packet after packet, and finding they had no chance of ever get all the cards to finnish a set, even if they spent 10k.
Very very misleading tla not to put that information out there on the newsagency stock.

Last edited:
They are somewhat protecting there interests and the dealers by giving the information to dealers and sites like this.
Imagine if they put the right information out there on newsagency stock that certain cards are not available in newsagencys, ie you cannot get tjecards you need to complete your sets from any newsagengy, you have to contact a dealer to get them.

Imagine all the mums and dads buying there kids packet after packet, and finding they had no chance of ever get all the cards to finnish a set, even if they spent 10k.
Very very misleading tla not to put that information out there on the newsagency stock.
I don’t know how they can get away with it . When I first started back collecting and I’m sure I’m not the only one , I had no idea about sites like this . I had brought about 10 boxes of traders without knowing that this was the case . Was annoyed after finding out certain cards aren’t in newsagent stock . Should be printed on the packs that this is the case as it’s misleading .

I don’t know how they can get away with it . When I first started back collecting and I’m sure I’m not the only one , I had no idea about sites like this . I had brought about 10 boxes of traders without knowing that this was the case . Was annoyed after finding out certain cards aren’t in newsagent stock . Should be printed on the packs that this is the case as it’s misleading .
Totally agree with you joel

I tell every newsagent in the local area they are being sold a product that is deficient in certain inserts, they have a right to know I reckon. I bet they are still paying the same wholesale price though.

Imagine if they put the right information out there on newsagency stock that certain cards are not available in newsagencys, ie you cannot get all the cards you need to complete your sets from any newsagengy, you have to contact a dealer to get them.

This is so very true. Back in the 90's there was a "hobby" and a "retail" version of NBA cards (and likely other sports).

This showed the differences between the packs (and what was/not included in each version).

I agree that by not stating this on "retail" only packs that it is a breach of trust at best. I agree with Dave, sales would drop significantly.

I would hope that somewhere along the line this was viewed morally and acted upon accordingly. However it's the all-mighty dollar we are talking about here.

You mean up and down the east coast, right?

As far as I am aware, not even Traders is distributed "across the country", let alone Elite!
Mike, 2017 traders was not available in southern adelaide.
Yet 2018 was, my local sold 2 packs out of a box, i brought them, they returned the rest.
In 2019 they still have the same box sitting on the counter, no sales, by the way no albums for the last 2 years.
Prior to 2017 all stock used to sell, the guy said about 8 different people used to buy packs, from kids to adults.
I used to buy 2 boxes every release, 1 for the cupboard and 1 to open.
As far as i know elite has never been available here.

Up here in NT, we have only several newsagents. I tried to get starter packs and they were either sold or didn’t get any. Before the release; I rang to have some packs aside for me, and rock around to two of them to find all gone ( I reminded them
Both a few times and ensured my name was on list ). I used to purchase magazines and lotto from both, I now go else where. I dropped by to see any magazine out as I was in area, they asked why I haven’t purchased anything from them in a while. Replied nicely, I put an order in for packs of cards I collect, I ensured I had my name is I the top of list and you didnt supply

potential theoretical solution to the 2 team cards with the team golden tickets:

teams with patches may be paired with teams without. eg souths/dragons are a pair and dragons have a spotlight patch, so the dragons break would have its patch and the 2 team card goes to souths who don't

not confirmed bc we dont have the full checklist but either that or each master set has team numbering potentially

potential theoretical solution to the 2 team cards with the team golden tickets:

teams with patches may be paired with teams without. eg souths/dragons are a pair and dragons have a spotlight patch, so the dragons break would have its patch and the 2 team card goes to souths who don't

not confirmed bc we dont have the full checklist but either that or each master set has team numbering potentially

Each team will have its own Head to Head card for the Master set ( 2 of the same card will be produced ) numbered differently in some way otherwise the master sets wouldn`t be complete .....

Last edited:
  • MoJo Ruby Cards – Serial numbered. (144 Cards – 1:24 Packs – 40 Per Player)
  • MoJo Sapphire Cards – Serial numbered. (144 Cards – 1:48 Packs – 20 per Player)
  • MoJo Emerald Pack – Serial numbered. (16 Team Sets Limited to 10 per Team)
  • MoJo Black Diamond Pack – Serial numbered. (16 Team Sets Limited to 5 per Team)
I just noticed this.

Sapphire and Ruby cards are now singles
This will make a good chase !

Now let's recap upon who'll be the LS signees so far:
Brisbane: Alex Glenn
Canberra: Aiden Sezer
Cronulla: Shaun Johnson
Gold Coast: Tyrone Phillips
Melbourne: Cam Munster
Warriors: Roger T...

I think most of those are correct but feel free to reclarify
Parramatta: Blake Ferguson