2019 series 2 whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I think there has been a shift to money grab rather than hobby collecting. Anytime prestige cards like hall of fame and Captain signature redemptions can be purchased for < $500 is a concern (i’ll Be honest I’m surprised I was able to get some for my PC in the past at this price). It does shock me to see Cotchin captain signatures going cheap and even Shaw triple signature for around $700

I think holding on if you can on some of these cards is the way to go...prices should recover a little

Also do we think we need to limit the amount of case breaks within first 2-3 months of release (which aren’t box purchase case shares). I love how they create great excitement for new release, fantastically organized and nice PR...though do we see too many unwanted cards also hitting the market (remembering entry price very low in comparison to $200+ for a box) so seller not as likely to have too high of a reserve price

I personally think there is just too many cards now. I have been a life long richmond collector and I am very close to stopping. Many collectors love the thrill of completing their collection, however at the moment my want list keeps getting bigger with the high end cards constantly being produced. Since 2017 there has been a Cloke case signature, 4 future force green signatures, 2 future Hall of fames, 16 platinum Brownlow predictors, Cotchin captain signature etc.

So many high end collectors want these low numbered cards, but they drive people out. You used to be able to collect the season of richmond cards for under 500, then 1000, now it’s probably over 2000.

Also all the new releases such as Harv time etc seem endless and look like they will just keep finding players and producing them till they run out of players.

Sometimes less is more in life and once collectors become overwhelmed and can’t see an end to their want list, we get what happened in America where signature cards numbered to 10 are basically worthless.

Just arrived in the mail

I feel for the Essendon supporters here, Heppell has ruined that card. Such a shame. Let’s hope the other players took more pride in how they signed.

Last edited:
@Matt26 is it true that Dominance and the upcoming Supreme release was named that due to a certain person’s ego?

Has a bit of a theme to it doesn't it.

Dominance
Supremacy

Next years release will be

Authoritor (replaces the footy stars name) "you must buy packs each week or else" is is the new tag line.

Instead of the Disneyland trip you get a one way ticket to some communist hell hole to work 18 hour days for the common good. But at least you will have 12 versions of a starburst to chase.

Superiority (Series 2) with Extra Superiority the following year (same but different).

and then the one you need your Tuxedos for.......

Irrelevance at $3000 per box.....direct from Selects website and you can only buy it if you get sent a private message from Grant to purchase it......with a secret code. The major hit is a triple signature card of some guys who played 4th grade for Carlton and the possiblity of pulling a Grant Copley game used T Shirt auto card!

In all seriousness......if you are projecting these sorts of names on to trading card sets........I sort of feel a bit sorry for whomever is doing this.

Obviously needs a bex and a good lie down! :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom