2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see how NQ use Mcguire. I think Taumalolo has a mortgage on 13, Cooper on 11 and Hess at 12 ( not that Mcguire would be an edge forward). Maybe upfront but you have Scott and Mclean. Good problem to have!!

Interesting to see how NQ use Mcguire. I think Taumalolo has a mortgage on 13, Cooper on 11 and Hess at 12 ( not that Mcguire would be an edge forward). Maybe upfront but you have Scott and Mclean. Good problem to have!!

Cooper may be past his best, there's Lowe as well if he can find the 2015 - 2016 form . Barba at the back will be key, if he fires then Cows should be back in the 8.

Baptiste is a hooker I like and will keep pressure on Granville, maybe the backs will be their issue if there is one.

Ross

McGuire will be a guaranteed starter. You don’t buy the Australian lock to bench him. I see Taumololo moving to an edge with McGuire at 13. They would be wasted as fronties, as both are capable of big minutes. Taumololo is damaging enough in the middle, imagine how devastating he’d be on an edge. If Scott is fit, he’ll start, as he’s captain. Cooper and Hess are both expendable to the bench. Especially if it means having two of the best forwards in the game starting. As you said, good headache.

McGuire will be a guaranteed starter. You don’t buy the Australian lock to bench him. I see Taumololo moving to an edge with McGuire at 13. They would be wasted as fronties, as both are capable of big minutes. Taumololo is damaging enough in the middle, imagine how devastating he’d be on an edge. If Scott is fit, he’ll start, as he’s captain. Cooper and Hess are both expendable to the bench. Especially if it means having two of the best forwards in the game starting. As you said, good headache.
scott might be close to a medical retirement, could be benched and morgan gets captaincy as a more long-term option i think

Will be interesting. You are spot on, you don't pay in excess of a million $$ to bench the incumbent Roos 13 but I don’t see Taumalolo as an edge forward. The weakest aspect of his game IMO is defence, and defending on an edge where you are generally covering for a half and always have numbers thrown at you is as hard as it gets. In attack his biggest strength is his ability to carry multiple defenders and get an offload away or a quick play the ball. Modern edge back rowers tend to be more in one on one situations and either hit holes off the half or look to put their outside backs away. I have no doubt he could develop those areas as he is one of the best in the game.

Great pack on paper and so much depth. Scott, Mclean, McGuire, Cooper, Bolton, Taumalolo, Hess, Jensen, Asiata are all top 17 players IMO. You then have Lowe also around and on a one year deal with a point to prove to keep his career going.

I know McGuire can is a very handy fill in at 9 but you have Granville, Baptiste and Chudleigh waiting in the wings.

Yeah theres no way you move the best lock in the game out of his position for Mcguire. Mcguire was kept out of Lock by Parker and only got the spot once he retired and then due to injuries got the Australian spot. Mcguire's best position was always as an edge forward, he is so much more damaging their and can defend well next to his half. Cowboys are going to have one hell of a forward pack next season.

Warriors must be filthy at Johnson after they gave up Lino to try keep him.

I believe it was the Warriors who forced his hand and made it public he was unlikely to be offered a contract for 2020 unless he took a reduction.

I would imagine they have someone well and truly in their crosshairs, maybe Moses or Norman? Parra had been shopping them around.

I believe it was the Warriors who forced his hand and made it public he was unlikely to be offered a contract for 2020 unless he took a reduction.

I would imagine they have someone well and truly in their crosshairs, maybe Moses or Norman? Parra had been shopping them around.
Here what you say... Green will have to pick up the slack for such time in the halves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom