2018 SELECT HILITES TOP 10 DRAFT PICK CARDS. REPLACES FUTURE FORCE

Porsche911

addicted2cardboard
Real Name
Jimmy

Select Footy Cards
9 hrs ·
***2018 LIMITED EDITION DRAFT PICK CARDS***
To celebrate the announcement of the top 10 AFL Draft Picks for 2018, we will be producing a range of limited edition cards to commemorate this occasion. These cards will be sold and produced along the same lines as the Hilite and Rising Star cards, with a limited time to order and limited print run to the exact number of cards ordered. You will be able to purchase certain players individually, or as the set of 10. These cards will be on sale for 24hrs only, from 10am on Monday 26th November. Individual cards will be $14.99 each, with the set of 10 cards available for $135. Postage will be $5, or free for orders over $100.
The numbers allocated will be totally random and non-consecutive in both individual and full set sales, and strictly no requests will be considered. Processing times due to the extremely busy Christmas period may be up to 8 weeks but we will endeavour to post out asap.
PLUS - In the new year we will also be producing the top 10 Draft Picks in a highly collectable and high quality, individually numbered boxed set limited to 50 SETS ONLY. These will be $299 per set with free postage, limited to one per customer. Further details will follow when we are closer to releasing these sets.

Last edited:
The Hilites/Rising Star quick printed cards don’t impress me too much. But I get that others like it. I’d still collect any Hawks cards but glad there won’t be any. Now the limited to /50 sets interest me a little more as you would think the design would be a lot more impressive than the others.

It’s interesting that Select mentioned they would be following international trends in card collecting into the future. I’m not sure if that’s the case but it’s a heck of a lot more cost effective for them. No surplus boxes, small print run but high price return. I’m with born blood. I’ll get my Hawthorn cards but it’s not my thing. Set collecting is much more apealing.

Sounds like a real winner with multiple picks for Gold Coast & Port Adelaide, plus St Kilda, GWS and the Bulldogs in the top 10.

That will get all the Richmond and Collingwood supporters excited.

Sounds like a real winner with multiple picks for Gold Coast & Port Adelaide, plus St Kilda, GWS and the Bulldogs in the top 10.

That will get all the Richmond and Collingwood supporters excited.
The order can still change, with academy, father/son and picks being able to be traded right up until they get used. The Top 10 are far from set in stone.

What does everyone think of the design? Many of you guys going to be purchasing? I feel bad for those without a player in the top 10...

DA69D4F9-ADFE-4147-B8B0-73E492E7D86F.jpeg

Nice looking card, still its just a common card at a premium price. I dont know why they dont get them printed locally with gold foil stamped on them. Surely someone in aus can do it for a reasonable price, regal seems to get it done? maybe Select can get Regal to print their cards with gold foil stamped on them.

draft111.jpg
draft6.jpg

draftall10.jpg
Full Set $135 free post, Single cards $15 plus $5 post.

Looks like Select will release 2 draft pick cards per day.

Nice looking card, still its just a common card at a premium price. I dont know why they dont get them printed locally with gold foil stamped on them. Surely someone in aus can do it for a reasonable price, regal seems to get it done? maybe Select can get Regal to print their cards with gold foil stamped on them.

Yeah agree, the design is nice but lack of foiling or something to make them pop means it’s just another Hilites style card.

draft111.jpg
draft6.jpg

draftall10.jpg
Full Set $135 free post, Single cards $15 plus $5 post.

Looks like Select will release 2 draft pick cards per day.

they better not as that then means we have to pay postage for each card. so if we buy three we have to pay postage on each one. will not buy them if this is the case as just greedy

Yeah agree, the design is nice but lack of foiling or something to make them pop means it’s just another Hilites style card.

Fire up the Dot Matrix printer again........ doing a foil die (even if it is common to all cards) costs about $500 to make and use on a release......if it were a foiled card and a really stunning design (and limited to say 100 max) I think a lot more people may buy in......even if the cards were $25 each......but why do that when you can sell 100+ cards of each at $15 each and not have to worry about foiling?

They could even print them on foil board.........that would be a nice card with that design!

Bit silly if you ask me to make this top 10 picks and not the first pick from each club. They are missing out on Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Hawthorn supporters. I would happily buy a Quaynor card (Pies) and my wife would buy a Jordan Clark card (Cats) but I have no interest in these.

Anyone have the final breakdowns on these. Thanks in advance

DP1 Sam Walsh Limited to 145
DP2 Jack Lukosius Limited to ??
DP3 Izak Rankine Limited to ??
DP4 Max King Limited to 107
DP5 Connor Rozee Limited to 113
DP6 Ben King Limited to ??
DP7 Bailey Smith Limited to ??
DP8 Tarryn Thomas Limited to ??
DP9 Chayce Jones Limited to ??
DP10 Nick Blakey Limited to 100

Last edited: