2018 Select Hilites All Rounds & Finals Cards Listing

i just cant hit that order button quick enough i got breust number 23 last time and now i get morrison number 36 :cry:
both one number above their guernsey number.

Not real happy. Just like you mate I sat by the computer hitting refresh about 1000 times for half an hour and would have ordered within 20 seconds of the time it was available for purchase and still didn’t get anything low. Was seriously expecting under 10 given how quick I ordered it. And I did the same for Worpel so now not expecting anything decent there either.

C7297675-FD9B-4721-93FE-77AC93C87620.jpeg

yeah i am thinking its random but they wont say it, things have changed from the first half of the year when it looked like you got the card in the time that you ordered it, but now its totally random as numbers in the 30's just don't match the time ordered. pretty ordinary numbers atm. anyone out there got anything low lately?

Tbh with it being hawthorn there was probably 50+ people sitting refreshing to order. Alot easier to get a low number on the lesser clubs!

It actually helped me with the taylor as everyone was ordering hawthorn and i was only one going for taylor early lol

Tbh with it being hawthorn there was probably 50+ people sitting refreshing to order. Alot easier to get a low number on the lesser clubs!

It actually helped me with the taylor as everyone was ordering hawthorn and i was only one going for taylor early lol

Yeah that's probably pretty close to the mark. But strange thing is i ordered my Tom Mitchell well after it was available and got #18 i think. Oh well, it is what it is. I'll just PC the card and move on :D

yeah i thought i was unlucky pulling number 21 as i was chasing a top 10 hit, ah well there's always this week. lol

I didn’t collect this set last year so I was just wondering if anyone knew at what point select release the retirees set?

Select started the release for the retiring players from week 1 to week 4 of the finals.
At the time they said "due to the high number of key layers retiring they decided to do the set", however as it got further thru the finals Select seemed to lose interest and did an adhoc release of retiring players with not a lot of logic to it. i couldn't see them doing this again this year as the order numbers were low last years and this years hilites have really drop in print run. i guess we will have to wait and see.
They also released the first 4 teams of all players this year and haven't done the other 14 teams. They picked the popular teams and they didn't sell so i guess they just gave u on the other teams. This is nothing new as Select always do things in halves and don't commit to bringing out better products like other card companies.

Select started the release for the retiring players from week 1 to week 4 of the finals.
At the time they said "due to the high number of key layers retiring they decided to do the set", however as it got further thru the finals Select seemed to lose interest and did an adhoc release of retiring players with not a lot of logic to it. i couldn't see them doing this again this year as the order numbers were low last years and this years hilites have really drop in print run. i guess we will have to wait and see.
They also released the first 4 teams of all players this year and haven't done the other 14 teams. They picked the popular teams and they didn't sell so i guess they just gave u on the other teams. This is nothing new as Select always do things in halves and don't commit to bringing out better products like other card companies.
That’s a great point - if they think there’s money in it then I’m sure they’ll do it!
As for the team sets... wondered what happened to them :rofl: I think they needed to have something extra special about them in order to create the demand - maybe with each set ordered a special card limited to 10 or 25 might have made it more attractive! In saying that, still would have purchase the Carlton set if it ever came out!

No playing i just ment when he does. And i dont see why it would increase the value. Very rarely does a player leaving a big club to a small club increase the cards value.

And if anything it devalues the significance of the hawks retirement card that he played on

No playing i just ment when he does. And i dont see why it would increase the value. Very rarely does a player leaving a big club to a small club increase the cards value.

And if anything it devalues the significance of the hawks retirement card that he played on

What I mean is I think his initial retirement card will be worth a bit more in the years to come now that he decided to play on.

Yeah no i get that but explain why that would make it increase? Only thing i cab see it doing is decreasing it as its not really a retirement card.

I can’t see the value changing one bit. There are plenty of Hawks collector to keep value up. I don’t think the value will increase or decrease if there’s another Hodge retirement card in Lions colours next year. And really, these cards aren’t worth much anyway, most collectors already have this card in their PC.

Back
Top Bottom