2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on week 1 finals?

Storm v Souths was a classic, great game and so even. Either of these teams could win it.

Warriors started well but clearly lost their way without RTS. Panthers might be dark horses.

Sharks tough and gritty as always, few chances to win but Graham is a huge loss. Roosters very solid without being spectacular.

Didn’t see the thumping that the Broncos have just copped coming, forgot to tackle today. Dragons very good though, might be tough without Widdop and De Belin, plenty of strike still though

Thoughts on week 1 finals?

Storm v Souths was a classic, great game and so even. Either of these teams could win it.

Warriors started well but clearly lost their way without RTS. Panthers might be dark horses.

Sharks tough and gritty as always, few chances to win but Graham is a huge loss. Roosters very solid without being spectacular.

Didn’t see the thumping that the Broncos have just copped coming, forgot to tackle today. Dragons very good though, might be tough without Widdop and De Belin, plenty of strike still though
spot on Brendan.

Got to say Dragons knocking the Broncos out of the comp is a really beautiful thing. Bunnies v Dragons, what an atmosphere this will have, I cant wait. With the wife and daughter and all the in laws Souths fans and my son and all my family St George supporters its always a fun weekend......unless your team looses.

Sharks no Wade Graham no GF IMO. Panthers are a smokey but I think Sharks might get past them this weekend.

Either way on the above I would rather be sitting in the Prelims already with a week off.

Roosters to win comp.

Cheers
Ross

Got to say Dragons knocking the Broncos out of the comp is a really beautiful thing. Bunnies v Dragons, what an atmosphere this will have, I cant wait. With the wife and daughter and all the in laws Souths fans and my son and all my family St George supporters its always a fun weekend......unless your team looses.

Sharks no Wade Graham no GF IMO. Panthers are a smokey but I think Sharks might get past them this weekend.

Either way on the above I would rather be sitting in the Prelims already with a week off.

Roosters to win comp.

Cheers
Ross
a weekends banter coming up then Ross.

Penalty v McInnes last night, right call or wrong?

I think wrong, I know the rule changed mid season to prevent this kind of ‘deliberate’ play but surely the fact that Murray did not move or attempt to move and McInnes seemed to be looking at his 1st receiver should make the incident neutral. No penalty either way, play on or replay the play the ball.

Thoughts?

I think wrong, I know the rule changed mid season to prevent this kind of ‘deliberate’ play but surely the fact that Murray did not move or attempt to move and McInnes seemed to be looking at his 1st receiver should make the incident neutral. No penalty either way, play on or replay the play the ball.

Thoughts?

Wasn't a penalty. Should never be a penalty. Just play on.

What was deserving of more penalty, was Latimore tunnelling Graham. Seriously...if Josh Mansour gets ten in the bin for jostling on the dead ball line, that act alone is worth 10 minutes.

The scourge of blockers is worse still. FMD the refs turn a blind eye to it until it suits their purposes.

Wasn't a penalty. Should never be a penalty. Just play on.

What was deserving of more penalty, was Latimore tunnelling Graham. Seriously...if Josh Mansour gets ten in the bin for jostling on the dead ball line, that act alone is worth 10 minutes.

The scourge of blockers is worse still. FMD the refs turn a blind eye to it until it suits their purposes.

Was that the one off the high ball? If so, I can't believe that wasn't penalised and yes, the blocking on the kick chasers is ridiculous, if they started blowing consistent penalties it might discourage it.

Look how much better the play the ball has become after the early season blitz?

My biggest pet hate with the ruck now is letting players who play the ball off the mark go back and do it again. There are times for discretion of course but more often than it is the attackers fault for engaging the marker and getting tangled. What is the point of having markers if they get obstructed every second tackle?

Thoughts?
Wasn’t a deliberate attempt to throw the ball inot the Souths player and the south player made no attempt to get out of the way of the play the ball, should result in a penalty as he blocks any play moving that way. It’s not the first they have been guilty of it as it is an attempt to slow the play

Thoughts?
spot on Brendan, maybe even a scrum with a dragons feed being in possession at the time, this gives south's an opportunity to win against the feed.
Anyway, souths win, great game.
They deserved it.

McInnes has deliberately thrown the ball into defenders multiple times this season so the ref assumed it was intentional. Same with how strips on players notorious for poor handling skills are always deemed loose carries.

Poor assumption then. The onus is on Murray to clear the ruck, he didn’t move an inch. Should have been a neutral call or Dragons advantage.

Poor assumption then. The onus is on Murray to clear the ruck, he didn’t move an inch. Should have been a neutral call or Dragons advantage.
It was deliberate. NRL quality Hookers are more than capable of avoiding the defender in those situations. They are also more than capable of deliberately throwing it into someone and making it look accidental (case in point).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom