2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Canberra should write a 30k cheque to the NRL pre press conference....

Tough job being a ref, very tough job but some mistakes are unforgivable. I am sure the officials will be demoted, doesn’t change the result though.
Are you sure he will be demoted, helps when your boss is your brother

The Sharks will be enjoying the refs this year. I feel for you, not the first time you guys have been dudded this year.

I can't think of another sport that has the officiating issues that rugby league has, I don't know why this is the case. Each year it seems to get a bit more farcical.

The Sharks will be enjoying the refs this year. I feel for you, not the first time you guys have been dudded this year.

I can't think of another sport that has the officiating issues that rugby league has, I don't know why this is the case. Each year it seems to get a bit more farcical.

As I said, refereeing is a tough, tough gig and mistakes will be made. I can handle 50/50 calls, they have to be made one way or another and tonight the Sharks well and truly got the rub of the green. The Katoa try though, I still can’t believe it was awarded and this proved to be the match winner.

Terrible that after a decent game of footy the refereeing is a main topic!!

You mustn't watch cricket, soccer, NFL, MLB...even AFL for ref bashing ans mistakes and controversy.

You mustn't watch cricket, soccer, NFL, MLB...even AFL for ref bashing ans mistakes and controversy.

I watch cricket and soccer, which both do pretty well imho. Cricket especially is in a good place after some smart and proactive changes. Errors there tend to be more 50/50. I don't know what this AFL thing is you speak of :p

There has been a howler a week in the last 3-4 weeks that has directly cost a team a game in the NRL (not from the lead ref btw). Go back to 1 ref and no bunker, so that at least it is by the ref doing the best he can on the field rather than incompetency and perplexing interpretation of grey areas where they stick to the letter of the law rather than using common sense.

Boxing maybe..but that is just corrupt!

It is hard because there is always going to be grey area. Perhaps it is time to accept it rather than try to govern it.

I watch cricket and soccer, which both do pretty well imho. Cricket especially is in a good place after some smart and proactive changes. Errors there tend to be more 50/50. I don't know what this AFL thing is you speak of :p

There has been a howler a week in the last 3-4 weeks that has directly cost a team a game in the NRL (not from the lead ref btw). Go back to 1 ref and no bunker, so that at least it is by the ref doing the best he can on the field rather than incompetency and perplexing interpretation of grey areas where they stick to the letter of the law rather than using common sense.

Boxing maybe..but that is just corrupt!

It is hard because there is always going to be grey area. Perhaps it is time to accept it rather than try to govern it.
Far to many rules these days, should just go back to the 70,s

Was at the game and the raiders were off side plenty . Never in it and lucky to score when the sharks dropped off . Dreaming blaming the refs for losing that game lol. Always good to beat the raiders and to put one up sticky .
619394B9-1728-4B29-BFFE-8962D853C81E.png

Last edited:
The sharks were the better side in the first half on the back of 70% possession and an extra man for ten minutes. Wade Graham was outstanding.

The raiders were superior in the second half and if not for a couple of howlers might have had that one.

The raiders were superior in the second half and if not for a couple of howlers might have had that one.[/QUOTE]
Didn’t feel like they were in trouble at all at the game but in saying that if the sharks keep up that effort will be a early crash in the semis. Got a good draw heading into the finals which may hurt them aswell .Not the best effort but will take the win . Boy got a game day ball as well so good night .[/QUOTE]

The raiders were superior in the second half and if not for a couple of howlers might have had that one.
Didn’t feel like they were in trouble at all at the game but in saying that if the sharks keep up that effort will be a early crash in the semis. Got a good draw heading into the finals which may hurt them aswell .Not the best effort but will take the win . Boy got a game day ball as well so good night .[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
good pick up with the ball Joel, are you getting it signed.
feel sorry for some teams when they play like that, but then it is supposed to be a 80 min game, sometimes more.
Watched the broncos last night, it was just a b a s t a rd of a game, the sooner they get rid of that utter !!!!!! thing up stairs the better.

Didn’t feel like they were in trouble at all at the game but in saying that if the sharks keep up that effort will be a early crash in the semis. Got a good draw heading into the finals which may hurt them aswell .Not the best effort but will take the win . Boy got a game day ball as well so good night .
[/QUOTE]
good pick up with the ball Joel, are you getting it signed.
feel sorry for some teams when they play like that, but then it is supposed to be a 80 min game, sometimes more.
Watched the broncos last night, it was just a b a s t a rd of a game, the sooner they get rid of that utter !!!!!! thing up stairs the better.[/QUOTE]You get bad calls every game but the one where the touchy put his flag up and everyone is blowing up at , we tell the kids from under 6s to play to the whistle?? Was gonna try and get it signed at the end , but as usual the players bail pretty quick which I think is pretty poor form considering some teams do the rounds after a home win ??Although was good how they let the fans on to sing the team song with the players
8853E9BC-66D0-4A37-B3E6-4DC271EC9E27.jpeg

Last edited:
Antonio Winterstein retires effective immediately.

And for those who enjoy their ABC Radio - Tim Gavel has retired from ABC after 30 years at the mic. We call him Mr Canberra in our house and whenever we have ABC on, his dulcet tones are one of the best going around. In a country where sportscasting story telling and professionalism continues to nosedive, the new of Tim finishing up is hard to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom