2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With guys like Hoffman, JT, Gallen, Sutton, Beau Scott, Morris bros and Nightengale retiring (or close to it)...I feel like the 2000s generation is coming to an end.

It saddens me tbh. These guys are in our teams, in our homes on tv, newspapers, magazines and footy cards and play week in week out. I remember waiting for John Sutton to debut and now he's almost 300 games and the captain of a premiership team. It's all gone so fast.

Footy is fleeting. The weekend fixtures punctuated by the working week talking footy.

So many players come and gone, fade in to memory or obscurity or infamy and once in a while recalled on a Voss like show or on one of Dan's cards or in a discussion about xyz.

I've been blessed to see so many games, players and have my videos and footy cards. I share it the best i can with my kids.

Ok enough.

With guys like Hoffman, JT, Gallen, Sutton, Beau Scott, Morris bros and Nightengale retiring (or close to it)...I feel like the 2000s generation is coming to an end.

It saddens me tbh. These guys are in our teams, in our homes on tv, newspapers, magazines and footy cards and play week in week out. I remember waiting for John Sutton to debut and now he's almost 300 games and the captain of a premiership team. It's all gone so fast.

Footy is fleeting. The weekend fixtures punctuated by the working week talking footy.

So many players come and gone, fade in to memory or obscurity or infamy and once in a while recalled on a Voss like show or on one of Dan's cards or in a discussion about xyz.

I've been blessed to see so many games, players and have my videos and footy cards. I share it the best i can with my kids.

Ok enough.
well put Chris, it seams like the late 60-70's were yesterday, but then I have to stop and think, that was so long ago, how I miss watching the footy on the abc at 3:00pm on a saturday arvo.

well put Chris, it seams like the late 60-70's were yesterday, but then I have to stop and think, that was so long ago, how I miss watching the footy on the abc at 3:00pm on a saturday arvo.

Saturday arvo on ABC was the best for me in the 1990s. Warren Boland, John Peard.

YouTube was a godsend when folks started posting up games from tv from the late 70s to 90s. The old Monday Night Footy in the 80s etc..

Geez, the refs have decided a fair few results this year. How was that "1 on 1" strip against the Dogs when they were 8 up with 2 to go?!

Geez, the refs have decided a fair few results this year. How was that "1 on 1" strip against the Dogs when they were 8 up with 2 to go?!

Atkins refs on a whim.

Raiders suffered him for 78 minutes.

By that strip, they were owed a few.

The refereeing was abhorrent last night. The ruck interpretation was so one sided and completely at odds with the general crack down this year.

In saying that, Canberra were very lucky. The Dogs were the far better team for 65 minutes and a top 8 team would have put 50+ on Canberra last night.

This was a reverse for Canberra though, normally they are solid for 65 and then fade. Great to see all these young blokes step up for the Dogs in the midst of a very tough year.

Roosters sign Hall on the wing. Just need Corey Oates.

Imagine that!

Hall & Oates barnstorming on the wings!

I can't go for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom