2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is with him taking the indigenous court route, abusing the system as it was never designed for football players on 200K plus salary’s. Gross misuse of the system and poor form imo.
On what form isn’t he eligible

Doesn’t matter if he’s on 20k or 500k if he identifies as indigenous he’s eligible

The magistrate reviews the decision of this court to see if it’s fair for the crime he has committed

My issue is with him taking the indigenous court route, abusing the system as it was never designed for football players on 200K plus salary’s. Gross misuse of the system and poor form imo.

That is not on Wighton as much as the court system. His legal rep obviously applied on his behalf and it was up to the Magistrate to agree or not. At this stage he hasn’t been accepted, just referred.

I agree that it shouldn't be transferred to the indigenous court but for different reason, nothing to do with money. Yes Wighton identifies as being indigenous but for me thats not enough to have it transferred across. The indigenous court was designed yes for the imbalance of indigneous population imprisoned but the main reason was for the more rural remote communitites where there its like a whole new world in that environment, they stick within their community and aren't accustomed to most Australian ways that we are accustomed to, it also another reason why their health is poor as they don't use hospitals as frequent as we do and can be quite traumatizing for them. Jack wighton is very much accustomed to Australian way and laws/practices so shouldn't be eligible.

I agree that it shouldn't be transferred to the indigenous court but for different reason, nothing to do with money. Yes Wighton identifies as being indigenous but for me thats not enough to have it transferred across. The indigenous court was designed yes for the imbalance of indigneous population imprisoned but the main reason was for the more rural remote communitites where there its like a whole new world in that environment, they stick within their community and aren't accustomed to most Australian ways that we are accustomed to, it also another reason why their health is poor as they don't use hospitals as frequent as we do and can be quite traumatizing for them. Jack wighton is very much accustomed to Australian way and laws/practices so shouldn't be eligible.
If you’ve ever been to a remote aboriginal community you would be saying he is taking the piss .Your right , he shouldn’t be eligible.
See if it would pass the pub test ??As for his legal representatives advising it , of cause they did and he as an adult excepted it . Disgusting!!!.

If you’ve ever been to a remote aboriginal community you would be saying he is taking the piss .
See if it would pass the pub test ??As for his legal representatives advising it , of cause they did and he as an adult excepted it . Disgusting!!!.
On what form isn’t he eligible

Doesn’t matter if he’s on 20k or 500k if he identifies as indigenous he’s eligible

The magistrate reviews the decision of this court to see if it’s fair for the crime he has committed
Good to identify when it suits lol

This is a common theme in the legal system not just limited to Wighton

How many accused use Legal Aid when they can fund their own defence?

How many before Wighton in his situation have been referred to an ingenious court?

How many get referred to drug court and never once attend rehab?

How many get found guiltyand immediately get adjourned for mental health? (Blake Ferguson)

How many pay others to lie in court? (Greg Bird)

Very few people when criminally charged accept full responsibility for their actions. The system allows individuals to argue any mitigating circumstances and this is always taken full advantage of.

If you’ve ever been to a remote aboriginal community you would be saying he is taking the piss .

Good to identify when it suits lol
Do you know Jack and how he identifies??

Maybe you should hold judgement on someone you don’t know personally as that is bordering on racist

Do you know Jack and how he identifies??

Maybe you should hold judgement on someone you don’t know personally as that is bordering on racist
Wake up to yourself . Probably never been out of Sydney .If you had ever been into an indigenous community and seen the struggle you would know what your talking about . It’s called white privlidge and this is a massive case of it .How much money is he wasting going through this system where people actually need it is he going to donate back to his people . He’s taking the easy option and it’s the same as people feigning mental illness to help there own cause . Does nothing for the people that actually need it .

This is a common theme in the legal system not just limited to Wighton

How many accused use Legal Aid when they can fund their own defence?

How many before Wighton in his situation have been referred to an ingenious court?

How many get referred to drug court and never once attend rehab?

How many get found guiltyand immediately get adjourned for mental health? (Blake Ferguson)

How many pay others to lie in court? (Greg Bird)

Very few people when criminally charged accept full responsibility for their actions. The system allows individuals to argue any mitigating circumstances and this is always taken full advantage of.
Greg bird was also sacked and rightly so then got picked up by the titans??

Wake up to yourself . Probably never been out of Sydney .If you had ever been into an indigenous community and seen the struggle you would know what your talking about . It’s called white privlidge and this is a massive case of it .How much money is he wasting going through this system where people actually need it is he going to donate back to his people . He’s taking the easy option and it’s the same as people feigning mental illness to help there own cause . Does nothing for the people that actually need it .
All I’m saying it’s a big claim to make considering you have never met Jack Wighton

You are calling me out on it, just hoping you have your facts right on someone you have never met

Greg bird was also sacked and rightly so then got picked up by the titans??

That is irrelevant to the point. I was referring to his piss take of the legal system.

Do you really think that Wighton is the only non rural indigenous member to be referred to this program?

There would be plenty before him and plenty after.

Yep, Wighton looks Caucasian but has always claimed to be Indigenous, player for the IAS, does huge community work with Indigenous youth.

At the end of the day it will be a Magistrate in colsultations with the involved Elders who will accept him to the program. Don’t blame the individual when it is the actual system that is broken.

Last edited:
All I’m saying it’s a big claim to make considering you have never met Jack Wighton

You are calling me out on it, just hoping you have your facts right on someone you have never met
I never mentioned his race nor what he identifies as until you brought it up . I said that system is not designed for people that are living large on a big salary . It’s designed for those that have been pushed aside in our community and forgotten about . As I said white privilege until it suits

That is irrelevant to the point. I was referring to his piss take of the legal system.
Was referring to your point he shouldn’t be sacked because someone else will pick him up . That in itself is a selfish attitude. What sort of message does that show the junior players . We won’t sack you for assaulting 5 people cause you go alright .Melbourne’s no dickhead policy is a good example of how it works well
For someone that was ready to hang Matt Lodge you seem to have softened your stance on violence??? Is it cause he plays for the raiders and assaulted more people ??

Was referring to your point he shouldn’t be sacked because someone else will pick him up . That in itself is a selfish attitude. What sort of message does that show the junior players . We won’t sack you for assaulting 5 people cause you go alright .Melbourne’s no d***head policy is a good example of how it works well

Perhaps you should quote the correct point then.

How is it selfish wanting to help him through a tough time? Should Canberra just sack and let him deal with it in his own?

I think he should be stood down for the year, no issues with that but not sacked

Perhaps you should quote the correct point then.

How is it selfish wanting to help him through a tough time? Should Canberra just sack and let him deal with it in his own?

I think he should be stood down for the year, no issues with that but not sacked
Like what you wanted to do to Matt Lodge lol. Also I wonder how much compensation he is going to pay each of those 5 victims . Surely couldn’t expect poor little jack to pay over a millionaire dollars to each could we ??

Lodge is completely different and you want to talk about an easy way out? Didn’t Lodge blame mental health, alcohol and prescription drugs? Was that not a cop out?

As previously mentioned, any offence in a private dwelling is far more serious. Lodge broke into a residence, assaulted and threatened to kill.

Last edited:
Like what you wanted to do to Matt Lodge lol. Also I wonder how much compensation he is going to pay each of those 5 victims . Surely couldn’t expect poor little jack to pay over a millionaire dollars to each could we ??

Refresh me, what did I personally want to do to Lodge? Not play until he had taken responsibility? Maybe similar to what I have asked for Wighton?

My issue with Lodge was that he hadn’t taken full responsibility and his self serving interview proved that.

Compensation works very differently in the US, I am sure whatever is awarded he will pay.

Refresh me, what did I personally want to do to Lodge? Not play until he had taken responsibility? Maybe similar to what I have asked for Wighton?

My issue with Lodge was that he hadn’t taken full responsibility and his self serving interview proved that.

Compensation works very differently in the US, I am sure whatever is awarded he will pay.
I want to go to the convict court, I am sure I will get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom