2018-19 NBA Season - SPOILERS

@kiwi_in_melb is broken

Hornets agree to trade Dwight Howard to Nets

The Charlotte Hornets have agreed to send Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets for center Timofey Mozgov, two second-round picks and cash, league sources told ESPN.

Charlotte was determined to move Howard, who has a $23.8 million expiring contract.

The Hornets will receive the Nets' second-round pick (No. 45) in Thursday's NBA draft and a 2021 second-round pick, league sources said.

Mozgov has two years and $32.7 million left on his contract. Charlotte general manager Mitch Kupchak signed Mozgov to a four-year, $64 million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers two years ago.

The deal can't be completed until the moratorium ends on July 6. The Nets will need money to expire off the salary cap to take on Howard's salary.

The Nets will save nearly $17 million on the trade in the 2019-20 season, allowing them to create two max-salary slots for 2019 free agency.

Howard, 32, an eight-time NBA All-Star, is changing teams for the third time in nearly three years, from the Houston Rockets to Atlanta Hawks to Charlotte and now Brooklyn.

Report: Sixers trade No. 39 pick to Lakers for 2019 2nd-rounder, cash
By Matt Haughton | NBC Sports Philadelphia June 20, 2018 10:17 PM

The Sixers didn’t wait until draft night to start their wheeling and dealing.

According to a report Wednesday by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Sixers have traded the No. 39 pick to the Los Angeles Lakers for a 2019 second-round pick (via the Chicago Bulls) and cash.

With the Sixers previously holding six total selections in Thursday’s 2018 NBA draft and 11 players already under contract for next season, the team was never going to be able to use all of its picks.

The Sixers now enter the draft with picks Nos. 10 and 26 in the first round and Nos. 38, 56 and 60 in the second round.

Bron to the lakers.

While not surprised. I also don't like this.

I'm thinking about all the Kobe & Laker fans who hate Lebron who will now be cheeing for him!

And they added Lance Stephenson too!

What a day!

DeMarcus Cousins to Warriors 1yr $5.3m deal

Rudy Gay 1yr $10m with Spurs

Seth Curry 2yrs $5.5m (?) with Portland

Rondo 1yr $9m to Lakers
Lance Stephenson 1yr $4.5m to Lakers
JaVale McGee 1yr $5m to Lakers
KCP 1yr $12m (?)to Lakers
Lebron 4yrs $154m to Lakers

Last edited:
Depends who the Lakers have to give up but What about;

Lakers

Rondo
Lebron
Kawhi
Ingram
Dwight Howard
Lopez
KCP
Lance Stephenson in triple double mode

(Ball, Kuzma, Deng gone in the Kawhi deal and IT signs with Orlando, Dwight signs a Cousins-type deal)

Warriors

Curry
Klay
Draymond
Durant
Cousins
Iguodala
Swaggy in swag3 mode

well, actually it doesn't look that good now that I write it down but....some moves still to be made though!>?

Last edited:
You have 5 all stars from last season starting on the one side.. But why would Cousins go to win a ring that you dont have to work hard for..

Depends how healthy he comes back I guess! Could still be interesting.

I used to get angry at all the changes, seemed like everything was for the worse - now I try to find the positive side so it means I can still watch/do stuff. Key word there being Try.....lol

Why is Colin Cowherd sitting up in the sky on this giant desk and the pleb guests have to sit down there and crank their necks looking up at him?

wtfCC.JPG

Back
Top Bottom