2017 select footy stars (flier attached)

FB_IMG_1486711707919.jpg
FB_IMG_1486711703532.jpg
FB_IMG_1486711696778.jpg
FB_IMG_1486711690933.jpg
FB_IMG_1486711685835.jpg

The crazy thing is, I was quite astounded by the difficulty it was to find BP cards - EVEN AT END OF SEASON! - thus not to mention, many sellers were still demanding as much as $50 for one - even for GWS and Gold Coast BPs lol

I do love the Footy Standups concept. What I don't love is the manner in which they will inevitably be positioned on my desk at work by a handful of cheeky mechanics! :) I really like the look of the release, something for everyone I reckon.

There is some real average players scoring a Brownlow Predictor card - Bastinac, Kerridge, S Selwood and it does not look good for Roos fans. This years Billy Longer it looks like.

What is funny though is in the upcoming NRL 2017 Traders release they have Legend Sigs, Premiership Predictors, Player signatures for all clubs and we AFL fans are given stand-up cards lol

Sidenote: Yes I do know Series 1 is targeted for kids, just running a comparison with a rival product.

Last edited:

What is funny though is in the upcoming NRL 2017 Traders release they have Legend Sigs, Premiership Predictors, Player signatures for all clubs and we AFL fans are given stand-up cards lol

Sidenote: Yes I do know Series 1 is targeted for kids, just running a comparison with a rival product.

But different pack pricing. Select is $2.99 & NRL 2017 Traders is $3.99.

Don't think Select have changed the packet price on this lower end release for over 10 years.

Not saying we shouldn't expect more, but in terms of value for money not too bad all things considered, although the idea of a "premium" pop up still seems a weird concept to me.

Must say as a GWS fan, the BP concept will be one of the last if not the least important priority for me this year lol. Same players with only Scully replacing Whitfied c'mon. Only Adsey Pie who's now for Collingwood, I am determined to snap up!

I must say there are certainly a decent number of back-end cards to add to my GWS IP-PCS and looking forward to that! Con is however in terms of the pop-ups where exactly should I put them?! Hopefully they could still potentially fit into a standard card pocket page

Good to see plenty of Adam Treloar cards in this series: A-Grader, Brownlow Predictor, Stand-up and Platinum Stand-up plus a Milestone card.
I will be after all of these. I will buy a couple of boxes.

Select may not have increased their price in 10 years or so but the number of cards per pack has come down from 15 to 8 per pack? thats almost a relative price of $6, a 200% increase and you get kids colouring in cards?
Select also dumped their Australian printing company for the generic made in China cards? the colour saturation and different sized insert cards over the years show that Grant just wants profit over product. He has no interest in the game or the players, Select wanted the rookies to sign their cards for free while Select got the profits, it took the AFLPA to step in and set a contract price that Select had to agree to. Maybe thats why there's no signatures anymore. jtl

Select may not have increased their price in 10 years or so but the number of cards per pack has come down from 15 to 8 per pack? thats almost a relative price of $6, a 200% increase and you get kids colouring in cards?
Select also dumped their Australian printing company for the generic made in China cards? the colour saturation and different sized insert cards over the years show that Grant just wants profit over product. He has no interest in the game or the players, Select wanted the rookies to sign their cards for free while Select got the profits, it took the AFLPA to step in and set a contract price that Select had to agree to. Maybe thats why there's no signatures anymore. jtl

Not sure what Select packets you are looking at but what year were there 15 cards in a packet in the last 10 years for the AFL ????

I am an NBA man but love my AFL also, are these the only AFL Trading Cards that are produced each year?
Any higher end products?

Wait for the second series mate. A much higher end product than series 1 which is essentially aimed at the kids. Then there's also Future Force around the time of the draft.

Not sure what Select packets you are looking at but what year were there 15 cards in a packet in the last 10 years for the AFL ????

to put your comments into perspective it should be noted that you are a 'registered select dealer' and like all select dealers you don't get to have your own opinion you have to have selects opinion as your own, just ask Steve Wang who spoke out about what he thought of last years series' released by select.

i am looking forward to this years footy stars release as i get to collect the same chase cards as last year and as a bonus i get to colour in the a graders and make stand up people just like art class in grade 3. lol
cant wait to get to the playground to swap cards at lunch time. lol

to put your comments into perspective it should be noted that you are a 'registered select dealer' and like all select dealers you don't get to have your own opinion you have to have selects opinion as your own, just ask Steve Wang who spoke out about what he thought of last years series' released by select.

i am looking forward to this years footy stars release as i get to collect the same chase cards as last year and as a bonus i get to colour in the a graders and make stand up people just like art class in grade 3. lol
cant wait to get to the playground to swap cards at lunch time. lol
I'm legitimately interested, as I haven't opened packs of every Select series - which release did have 15 cards per pack?

Back
Top Bottom