2017 Goals

ElijahCraigHyde

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrah
For the first week of 2017, thought I'd post a new thread sharing my personal goals and others' ideas in terms of what they might consider collecting this season and also to review the previous year gone by...

What are your goals to collect in 2017?

Anything considering collecting you missed out last year and previous years?

What was your highlight in collecting in 2016?

Your biggest disappointment in 2016?

What are you expecting in the card releases in 2017?

What would you like Select to do differently (if applicable) to make you can your hands on more on it? (ie. more cards and/or set buildings)

What has been your favourite release and/or cards so far? And is there anything different cards sets you will consider planning a collection for this year apart from the 2017 ones?

To try and maintain on top of my GWS IP-PCs - to attend at least one fan day this year even if it means travelling up to Sydney to get more cards done!

Yes - any key GWS players from 2012 to 2016 I will try to grab a hold of to maintain on top of my collections.

-Sweet soul-searching - finally coming to terms with WHAT I REALLY WANT TO COLLECT!
-Snapping up duplicates of the Jezza FF - got a few of those thank god!
-Becoming up to date with the following IP-PCs: Davis; Kelly and Shaw not to mention other key players not too far off

-Would have been nice if I realized I wanted to be a GWS IP-PC collector from day 1 although pretty understandably why I did not though considering a Giants collector seemed too under-challenging in the beginning which is why I thought I wanted to become a master set collector. Nonetheless BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!
-Being stuck with incomplete card subsets from previous years I no longer treasure that much which are simply so damn hard to sell and/or give away!

-Series I - Brownlow Predictors to make a comeback - perhaps with a different twist if necessary
-Womens Captains (8); 1:432 @/300

What would you like Select to do differently (if applicable) to make you can your hands on more on it? (ie. more cards and/or set buildings)
- BPs in Series I - 1:36 x144 cards to speak for themselves - no prediction purpose
-BP Signature correct redemption to take place as a team card predictor for the BM of correct team (18); 1:216 @/300
-Womens concept as mentioned above

-Series II
-FF to cover all 18 teams but 2 cards per clubs who instead got the MWG concept last year and 1 per club (different players from last year - GWS to have Dylan Sh) who will be getting the MWG this year - thus 27 cards @ 1:144 /80 or 1:4 boxes
-Team Leaders Mojo - 18x7-card sets @ 1:216 /80 - simultaneously numbered from 02-80 per pack replacing otherwise common cards in such pack
-Certified XL - 18x12-card sets @ 1:432 /40 - exactly the same as Certified 460 but available via redemption card per case and each card set simultaneously number from 02-40 as opposed to 460. This means 500 cards all up for parallel concept.
-Devon Smith the MWG donor/signer for Giants concept but 80% sure it will be Mumfy.
-SCS signatures - this year only one card per club but two variants - Gold @/400 1:44 (1:box unless platinum) - Platinum @/80 1:216 (1:box minus gold)
-Premiership redemption - only 350 instead of 700; 1:case unless Dynamic Duo
-Dynamic Duo (4 all clubs whom finished in top 4 last season); WBD Wood/Murphy; SYD Tippet/Franklin; GWS Davis/Ward; GEE Selwood/Dangerfield; @/90; 1:864 - 1:case minus Premiership redemption

What has been your favourite release and/or cards so far? And is there anything different cards sets you will consider planning a collection for this year apart from the 2017 ones?
2016 Series II - Cameron FF! Might consider gathering more Gold PD cards from 2013 Prime if necesaary - the only nonGWS set I am chasing currently

Nice thread idea ElijahCraigHyde!

My main goal for collecting next year will have to be trying to get a major chunk out of my wantlist and start saving money instead of blowing it all on breaks!!

Yes - Next year will have to be getting myself a Kevin Bartlett HOF Signature aswell as a Cotchin Match Worn Signature Patch!! Have only been collecting for around 6-7 Months so there is still time to get my Bartlett HOF Sig!!

My highlight for collecting in 2016 would have to be getting a Trent Cotchin DPS aswell as the Prime Draft...... Trent cotchin is probably my favourite player (aswell as Dusty) and by having those 2 in my collection has been amazing!!

The biggest disappointment was just blowing money on random cards because I didn't know who I wanted to PC, but now I'm just excited to finally begin my next journey into collecting and get this High End Richmond set done!! Only like 100 things to go hahaha

- Hoping series 1 again has the Brownlow Predictors but instead of 1 per box has 1 per 3? 1:108 but aswell has having like a 1:36 whether it be a numbered signature or something
- With Series 2 I'm hoping it would be like the NBA and NFL, so have cards number 1/99 (Red) 1/25 (Green) 1/10 (Gold) 1/5 (Diamond) and 1/1 (Black) whether that be like a redemption or another 460 or etc, that would just enhance our sets which would make it so cool!!

- Like I said before, I'm hoping one of the sets (series 2) would be like the NBA and NFL, so have cards number 1/99 (Red) 1/25 (Green) 1/10 (Gold) 1/5 (Diamond) and 1/1 (Black) whether that be like a redemption or another 460 or etc, that would just enhance our sets which would make it so cool!!

- Hmmm that is a real tough one, I loved them all! I loved the idea of the brownlow predictor cards in series 1 (Turned out to be amazing with a replica brownlow actually in the card!!!) Series 2 was close to better with having more numbered cards and the chance of getting more 002s and Jumper numbers, oh and the bring back of the guernsey redemption! And Lastly with Future force, not having that dud pick 1-10 redemption crap, but actually a redemption that all teams can collect but having a lot more inserts meaning to buy a box at $63!! That is just crazy for the value you get!!

Better late than never I suppose!

As always I'll be collecting everything Eagles or Coniglio. My main goal though will be the Eagles match-worn guernsey cards in Series II - only six months to go!

Last year I only managed to get one Eagles Brownlow Predictor from Footy Stars - I need seven more, so I might try and grab a few more of those. Otherwise I'm always on the lookout for anything I still need for my Eagles PC.

Select's much-improved releases were a great sign. On a personal level being able to trade for the Josh Kennedy Footy's Finest was a definite highlight and a card I was very excited to add to my PC.

I don't know... I can't really think of anything. Maybe being forced to wait until 2017 to have the chance to get an Eagles match worn-card? :p

Probably reasonably similar to 2016 - Brownlow Predictors in Footy Stars, Footy's Finest and match-worn cards in Series II,

I think the set sizes for both Footy Stars and Series II is pretty good as it is - except for maybe the Brownlow Predictor set which could be reduced. We saw how popular Certified was, so something of a similar quality would keep everyone happy.

Ever? Certified is up there, along with the usual suspects - Dynasty, Supreme, etc. Favourite card has to be the 2005 Judd Brownlow Signature (for obvious reasons!). And no, not planning anything different this year to the usual.

Back
Top Bottom