2017/18 TNP FFA A-LEAGUE

Thanks to @Diggaz TC ...details & Flyer for the upcoming 2017/18 Australian Football Release.

• Boxes and Albums will be available late February & on-sale (at a retail level) until the end of the World Cup in July.
• Set covers HAL 17-18 season, Matildas Asian Cup in March & Socceroos road to the Fifa World Cup in June
• RRP $3.99 per packet – 5 cards per packet plus 1 insert
• 36 packets per box
• 14 boxes per cases / Limited to 140 cases

FADF9622-59E7-4B1C-99D4-19C04590D1FF.jpeg

The overall set is smaller and more affordable to collect which is a positive.

Kerr, Ninikovic, Rievera are also 1st time signers.

Last edited:
Not real happy about the signature cards... ok if you support wsw! But really another mooy and not one for every team. They managed plenty in the cricket and rugby releases. Plus not a full base set per box is abit annoying. Thought they would have learnt form the 15/16 release that collecters wouldn't be happy!

It is still early days...lots to like about this release (the fact that we are getting one still surprises me!!), :kick: although other aspects leave me a little bewildered at this point :ermm:

TnP have come a long way since that first A-League release, and if this release is similar to the recent Ashes and BBL releases, in terms of the card design, this will be a nice set.

I get that you may not get a full base set in a box (Match Attax is like that) if TnP want to keep the pack price reasonable - but a drop to 5 base cards per pack does make it harder to collect.

When TnP will be going head-to-head with the AFL and NRL releases (generally $2.99 for 8 base cards), value for money is a big factor in pocket money buying decisions.

It is good that the overall size of the set is less (not chasing both golds AND silvers parallels), but the size of the "Young Guns" subset (24 cards) does surprises me and it really throw the maths out.

So on the assumption that collation is spot-on (always a bit 'hit & miss' with TnP releases) a box (comprising 36 packs) should comprise the following inserts:

Club Legends (1:18 packs): 2 cards - [10 to collect ~ 5 boxes]
Magic Milestones (1:12 packs): 3 cards - [10 to collect ~ 3.3 boxes]
Young Guns (1:9 packs): 4 cards - [24 to collect ~ 6 boxes]
Golden Moments (1:6 packs): 6 cards - [12 to collect ~ 2 boxes]
Silver Parallels (1:2 packs): 21 cards - [200 to collect ~ 9.5 boxes]

With the signatures at 1:176 packs - looking at about 1 per approx. 5 boxes. That works out worse that the recent BBL release which was 1:120 packs (1 per 3 -4 boxes) and there were more BBL signings (8 in total). But even with that ratio the BBL signature redemption cards are proving hard to find.

Only 4 signatures (excluding jersey card) is low, but there are probably factors at play that have resulted in that.

The inclusion of Aaron Mooy again as a signature may be an issue for some, but we have to remember that the 2014/15 Melb City signature card he signed was as a result of the previously announced signatory, Robert Koren, departing the club. So full credit to Mooy for agreeing to do another signature card. =D> But agree with @Havanos, a very Sydney focus in terms of a-league signatures.

Anyway, other bits on the checklist that have caught my eye...Header cards for Socceroos and Matildas, but not other clubs. Changes in player lists...most obviously Wellington...Finkler & Vidosic have already left. But list changes are always going to be a problem for any a-league release this late in the season.

But the biggest surprise to me is the seemingly lack of an overall Socceroos focus. Given that the release was apparently delayed to capitalise on the World Cup campaign, I really thought that we would see a focus on the Socceroos previous World Cup campaigns, e.g. full subset of memorable moments, etc. But it just seems to be mainly an a-league release.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth & time for me to go back into my cage. No doubt others will offer their opinions as the release unfolds.

But good to see something is about to be released.:thumbsup:

PS. Still haven't quite recovered from seeing Chris Harold on the flyer as the Perth Glory "Legend" :blink:

Guys, thanks for all of the updates. Especially to Mike and Matt.

And, Mike, I agree with you wholeheartedly. Why no special focus on the Socceroos in a World Cup year? Unbelievable!

On a brighter note, thank goodness I'm a Sydney fc supporter and a great admirer of both Aaron Mooy & Sam Kerr.

I'd be bitterly disappointed if I supported a non-Sydney based team. Seems pretty unfair.

Cheers

David

Those cards really don't look that nice at all..... auto list is lacking bar Kerr.

1 in 5 boxes for an auto (that's if they can promise that ratio, unlike the BBL)....... what's the point, may as well wait for the xmas bundle and buy all 3 auto's for $80 or $130 with the jersey card.

I had a look at the BBL cards.... wow the inserts seemed quite flimsy for a collector card. They need to use thicker card stock.

I don't want to appear like an impatient schoolboy, but, does anyone know the actual release date of this season's A-League cards?

I can't stand the waiting anymore!

I don't want to appear like an impatient schoolboy, but, does anyone know the actual release date of this season's A-League cards?

I can't stand the waiting anymore!

From Tap N Play direct:

All orders shipped week commencing 26th Feb.

Gents, thanks for the updates.

Michael, I pre-ordered a box and an album via your website last night. By any chance, will you be one of the first to receive this season's cards? Plus, will you be providing your box-break service as well? If so, how will it work in terms of cost?

Cheers
Dave

FFA Boxes have arrived in stock a week early and are now available to send out.

Albums are not expected to arrive until early March.

Those that ordered a Box/Album combo, we'll get the Boxes sent out now and then the albums as soon as they become available.

Regards,
Diggaz Trading Cards

Back
Top Bottom