2016 NFL Draft & Offseason Discussion Thread

thePACisback

I Hoard Horford
Real Name
George (Call me Gee)
COMC User
No1CavsFan
Just thought I'd open this thread for anyone who wants to talk about the NFL Offseason and the upcoming draft. As a Buckeyes fan, I'm hoping that it's Joey Bosa who goes #1 to the Titans. Who do you think will go top?

I don't know jack all about college players to be honest. Normally wait a month or so before the draft when all the mock drafts start coming out and start doing some research on them then!

some great defensive talent in this draft. The talk with Browns at pick 2 will be interesting. No real clear QB. Goff seems the favourite. I'd watch the Texans if Christian Hackenberg slides - 5 star recruit who O'Brien recruited to Penn State. He kind of regressed when O'Brien left

Am intrigued what Hue will do. Guess it all depends on the free agent crop as well. Can get a game changer at another position at 2. Connor Cook could be a go. I am not a Lynch fan to be honest. Don't really know why to be honest lol.

Just thought I'd open this thread for anyone who wants to talk about the NFL Offseason and the upcoming draft. As a Buckeyes fan, I'm hoping that it's Joey Bosa who goes #1 to the Titans. Who do you think will go top?
Speaking of Buckeyes.. I really hope the Colts take an OL in the first round... Taylor Decker perhaps.

Speaking of Buckeyes.. I really hope the Colts take an OL in the first round... Taylor Decker perhaps.
Yeah they need some real defence on their roster now...

With RG3 signing with Cleveland, do you think that effects the 2nd pick in any way guys?
In my opinion I reckon they'll still go with a QB, but rookie QBs aren't exactly usually showing positive stats, so that's where RG3 comes in as Browns 2016 Starting QB.

Yeah they need some real defence on their roster now...

With RG3 signing with Cleveland, do you think that effects the 2nd pick in any way guys?
In my opinion I reckon they'll still go with a QB, but rookie QBs aren't exactly usually showing positive stats, so that's where RG3 comes in as Browns 2016 Starting QB.
I don't think RGIII changes their plans. If they're smart it won't. But we are talking about Cleveland here, when it comes to QB's they've really done nothing smart.

@Shayscards you're right there. Remember when 2014 Draft mock drafts had Sammy Watkins going 3rd to Jacksonville and Johnny Manziel going a pick later to Cleveland? In reality, Jacksonville took Blake Bortles third, Cleveland traded with Buffalo so they could get Sammy Watkins and the Browns had to trade up to get Manziel at 22nd lol

No draft discussion???

Pick 1, LA Rams (from Tennessee) - Jared Goff, QB, Cal
Pick 2, Philadelphia Eagles (from Cleveland) - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
Pick 3, San Diego Chargers - Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State :)
Pick 4, Dallas Cowboys - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State :):D:D
Pick 5, Jacksonville Jaguars - Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
Pick 6, Baltimore Ravens - Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
Pick 7, San Francisco 49ers - DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon

And Laremy Tunsil, the #1 prospect of most, is a fallin'.
Didn't help that a photo of someone (probably him) smokin' weed appeared on his Twitter account 10 mins before the draft. His account was then quickly deleted.

Oh, and Cleveland, who got pick 8 from Philly via Miami, have traded to Tennessee, who traded Pick 1 to the Rams.

Will update this thread with more :)

Pick 8, Tennessee Titans (from Cleveland) - Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
Pick 9, Chicago Bears (from Tampa Bay) - Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
Pick 10, New York Giants - Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State :thumbsup::D (Eli with Eli? Uh oh...)

Next is Tampa Bay, who traded down to host city Chicago's 11th spot to gain a 4th round pick as well.

Happy with THREE Buckeyes in the first ten pics (Boom baby!) :) :kick::kick:

It's on 7MATE if anyone is interested! :hearts:
Stuff 7MATE. ESPN is the way to go ;)

Pick 11, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from Chicago) - Vernon Hargreaves II, CB, Florida
Pick 12, New Orleans Saints - Sheldon Rankins, DE, Louisville
Pick 13, Miami Dolphins (from Philadelphia) - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss (Finally! #1 overall prospect to 13th. Selected to protect Tannehill) :)
Pick 14, Oakland Raiders - Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia (This guy will be awesome! Early dark horse for Defensive ROY!!!)

Damn Cleveland. Took my #1 WR in Corey Coleman from Baylor, now I'm hoping that Cincinnati do something smart and trade up to 16th - 19th to guarantee Laquon Treadwell or Josh Doctson for our spare receiving spot :mad:

Pick 16, Detroit Lions - Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State :) (an average of one Buckeye per four pics! Boom!)
Pick 17, Atlanta Falcons - Keanu Neal, S, Florida
Pick 18, Indianapolis Colts - Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
Pick 19, Buffalo Bills - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson (#defensivebeast!)
Pick 20, New York Jets - Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State (5 now. Mojo!!!!)
Pick 21, Houston Texans (from Washington) - Will Fuller, WR, Notre Dame (this leaves the WHO-DEY army with one of Treadwell or Doctson. Hoping Fr Doctson, but either would be awesome!

Washington, who had the 21st pick at first, traded down a pick so Houston could get their WR, with the 'Skins getting a 2017 6th rounder to add into their bank as well.

Can't wait for the announcement of which player I'll be hoarding during the 2016 NFL season!!!

Well that was quick.
Washington Select's Josh Doctson, WR from TCU :cry:.
This means Minny will get Laquon Treadwell, which will mean no decent WRs for Cincinnati.
Just praying that the Vikings go elsewhere now

With Minnesota getting Laquon, that means the Bengals will have to look elsewhere :thumbsdown:
(Damn you Washington lol)

Well, regardless of who we select, to that player, #WelcomeToCINCY & #ImGoingToPCYou

Well, Pacman and Co ain't gonna last much longer, which makes this pick even better!
#WelcomeToCINCY William Jackson III
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom