2011 NBA Offseason Rumours & Info

If there is a long lockout hopefully the players organize scrimmages to keep in shape then they can broadcast pickup games and stuff on league pass or something similar, that would be sweet.

I like everyone else dont want the lockout to happen, but an obvious positive would be NBA players coming to play in the NBL. Of course we wouldn't get the big name players, but those players who are only just on NBA rosters would flock here on one season contracts which would be very exciting!

I like everyone else dont want the lockout to happen, but an obvious positive would be NBA players coming to play in the NBL. Of course we wouldn't get the big name players, but those players who are only just on NBA rosters would flock here on one season contracts which would be very exciting!

I reckon we will be lucky to see 5 of them if it happens. A. Salary Caps & Spending budgets B. I'd rather not have them because we would probably see clubs on the brink of bankruptcy after they leave.

Seriously, don't get me wrong it's be great to see Mills in a 36ers Jersey which he has basically said will happen if theres a lock out, but we won't get the calibur of players to pack houses and the players that will come here will want a packet and a half and most clubs won't be able to afford it, and if they try they'll end up like all of Brian G's former clubs.... Defunct!

Michael Redd's name is the latest in speculations for a Heat signing.

Because of his injuries most teams won't give him much money at all it seems, and he's been known to be an unselfish player.

If he knows his capabilities, and they aren't being a star, I believe he'll come to the Heat. He's had a decent career, with years being the man in Milwaukee in addition to one All-Star and All-NBA selection.

Dunno if he's healthy, but if he can last, he'd be great as a shooter off the bench who can get his shot.

I reckon we will be lucky to see 5 of them if it happens. A. Salary Caps & Spending budgets B. I'd rather not have them because we would probably see clubs on the brink of bankruptcy after they leave.

Seriously, don't get me wrong it's be great to see Mills in a 36ers Jersey which he has basically said will happen if theres a lock out, but we won't get the calibur of players to pack houses and the players that will come here will want a packet and a half and most clubs won't be able to afford it, and if they try they'll end up like all of Brian G's former clubs.... Defunct!

I agree with most of that and yes I understand that they won't be great players, but If a club has an import spot to fill and NBA lockout happens, surely some NBA bench warmers will come here basically on a holiday while playing basketball on a fair salary, and dominate the NBL? I was hoping Tigers would try and wait for a lock out to happen and I have no doubt a few teams will be doing this.

---------- Post added 20-06-2011 at 09:26 PM ----------

Also im not aware but if NBA lock out does happen, does that also mean no D-league? I know summer league has been scraped this season which makes my theory stronger. If no D-league happens then what do all those players do? They are going to want to play no matter what and get themselves out there. I know even If it did happen they wouldn't be the players to pull the big crowds but they would still dominate and make a name for themselves.

---------- Post added 20-06-2011 at 09:30 PM ----------

Michael Redd's name is the latest in speculations for a Heat signing.

Because of his injuries most teams won't give him much money at all it seems, and he's been known to be an unselfish player.

If he knows his capabilities, and they aren't being a star, I believe he'll come to the Heat. He's had a decent career, with years being the man in Milwaukee in addition to one All-Star and All-NBA selection.

Dunno if he's healthy, but if he can last, he'd be great as a shooter off the bench who can get his shot.

A fit Michael Redd in the current Heat team would be scary.

iggy for kaman

The frontrunner to obtain Iguodala's services is believed to be the Los Angeles Clippers. Iguodala would be moved for Chris Kaman if this deal were to be completed, but other players and pieces may also be involved when all is said and done. The two sides have talked on and off since February, but both sides seem more willing than ever to make a trade work. HoopsWorld

Back
Top Bottom