1x Box Sage Hit

Jonathon M

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jonathon
Thought this needed it's own break thread...... Finally got something Ive been looking for

I was happy after the Miller, Foles and Martin :thumbsup: Also got 2 x RGIII inserts

Almost makes up for the Playbook fizzer (although on review that was SLIGHTLY better than I initially thought)

$50 for this box... pretty happy (got one more to break too)

hit.jpg

Very nice break. RG3 and Martin autos are always good hits, Miller is looking like a canidate for DPOTY, and Foles is starting to get his chance with a under achieving Eagles team.

Did you get any Rhett Ellison?

A base and a silver parallel.... Hopefully I hit an auto in the 2nd box for ya.... we just busted the Certified which was disappointing besides one decent box and the PP blasters.... The boy didnt want to stop... had to tell him we will do the rest tomorrow.... Ive created a monster....

Mind you for $72 each for the certified, it's hard to complain too much

A base and a silver parallel.... Hopefully I hit an auto in the 2nd box for ya.... we just busted the Certified which was disappointing besides one decent box and the PP blasters.... The boy didnt want to stop... had to tell him we will do the rest tomorrow.... Ive created a monster....

Sweet I have both the base and silver, but am always keen for more Ellison seen he has a kiwi connection.

Haha busting packs is so addictive. I love it so much! I am thinking of adding a few older early 1990's stuff next time I purchase a box seen it is so dirt cheap!

yeah well, doesn't look like we're gonna have anything left after the weekend... it looks like rain and the boy has busting stamina now.... I've never really looked at old school boxes... prob should.... Startin to get into old school..... Picked up some gorgeous early-mids 2000's chrome stuff off Mr Paparazzi... Gonna post scans up when I get the rest... Makes some of the "high end" sets look like pure shit

I love some of the older mid-90s to early 200 inserts before jersey cards took over. Made the card companies actually think and come up with also looking inserts. If you order from Dacardworld some of their 90's stuff is cheap as chips like a 1991 Pacific for $5.25 a box! Of course you are not going to get the high dollar priced cards but it's always fun getting some of the old school guys and for that sort of price it is cheaper than what most packs sell for these days!

Thinkin about buying some 94/95 cards, the year the Chargers made the SB..... I was in San Diego when they beat the STeelers in the AFC champ game..... That was it for me.... been into it ever since (The sport, not the card side)

We were going to go to the states next year, but we got a mortgage to pay now be prob 2-3 years now... hopefully enough time for the chargers to fuck off Norval and the bin diving GM and be worth flying across the world for.... we'll also chuck in Anaheim/theme parks, Orlando and Hawaii too ;)

Awesome break, some real nice ones there....

Yeah, collecting was different back in the early 90's...Inserts/Relics/Autos meant something and now they're all a dime a dozen...Although the quality of the average card is probably better now...

As for going to games, do it if you can. My count is 6, not counting the Sydney Chargers - Bronco's pre season one a few years back...

Have seen my Rams play three times live...and have seen them lose three times live ! @%^$R&^*#%#^!!!!!

In 2004 my mate and I went to the US on an all NFL trip - we saw 5 games in three weeks, absolutely crazy, but heaven for an NFL fan !! Saw Rams at Dolphins, Ravens at Eagles, Patriots at Rams, Dolphins at Jets MNF and Vikings at Colts MNF !! And I saw the Rams at Bears on my own back in '90. Now my mate and I are talking about doing it all again in 2016 when the Rams play Miami at home - I think I'd better start saving !

Awesome stuff Trevor... How was MNF???

To be honest, the MNF games weren't a whole lot different to the Sunday games...everything is pretty TV driven anyway. The crowd at the Jets game was pretty insane though... Can still hear the J-E-T-S chant led by the fireman guy (think he's quitting this year, that's how bad they are!!)

Here's a shot of him I took -
IMG_0480.JPG

But there's always something good to look at when it comes to NFL games ! ;-)

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

Man I'm so jealous! My ultimate dream is to attend a game at every NFL stadium. Going to have to be saving for a while for that though!

So far I managed to knock of Rugby World Cup Final (last year here in NZ), Super 15 Rugby Final (this year for my home team), NRL Grand Final (this year also, unfortunately it was two team I really do not like!) and a Manchester United game at old Trafford (know nothing about soccer but was an awesome experience).

Broken any more boxes yet?! I loving seeing the results :thumbsup:

did two of the UD World of sports and got a Video Game champion auto :eek: plus some Baseballers and got extra hit in each box - Good fun for $40ea

Did the sports town and hit a Wheedon auto and a Foles so while not great, could have sucked harder - These look pretty sweet as well - scans up this weekend

Done one Football Legends and got my first Buyback auto of Miami WR Mark Duper from the 90's so was pretty happy with that - great inserts in this product, suprising for UD

Playbooked sucked, patches plates was good will have scans up this weekend just been caught up with Crissy

Busted 10x Memorabilia Blasters hit 10x Jerseys - all unnumbered I think - dont know too much about blasters before this but I'm guessing the quality of hits is nothing compared to hobby boxes... before this only bought a few mixed blasters and thought I wa just unlucky, now I think all blaster hits are shit house... although the /15 auto out of the press pass was decent blaster hit

what else??? some of the shit I bought I just got to flip on ebay to kickstart the paypal again...

The Certified... had a heap of fun, didn't get much... got a /49 Sproles auto which is my first Sproles auto and very nice and a Reuben Randle jersey auto /49 redemption, I'll scan these up as well but Im glad I only paid $70 a box let me tell ya (2 of the boes had 1 auto amd 3 jerseys - fuck that)

Got shit everywhere - reluctant to bust the last 8 or so am as I have no where to put em until I sort some out

Sounds like you have had a lot of busting to do!!

I know DA did have some Absolute Blasters on sale during the Blackout sales that had a jersey per box because I was going to get some myself but they sold out real quick. Generally speaking if you hit anything from a Blaster you have done good!

So I take it the RG3 auto from this Sage been your best hit then so far? Good luck with the rest!

Back
Top Bottom