1960 Kangaroos Tour Signed Jersey

nosedive

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rob
Hi guys,

Haven't been able to find many places to chat with people online about this one, so I thought I might start here!

I have a signed 1960 Kanageroos Tour Jersey (Johnny Raper, Reg Gasnier, Bob McCarthy etc), but I have no idea how to go about getting it valued or even figure out the price vicinity. I am unsure if this is the right place to start a discussion, but any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

Hi guys,

Haven't been able to find many places to chat with people online about this one, so I thought I might start here!

I have a signed 1960 Kanageroos Tour Jersey (Johnny Raper, Reg Gasnier, Bob McCarthy etc), but I have no idea how to go about getting it valued or even figure out the price vicinity. I am unsure if this is the right place to start a discussion, but any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.
some pics may help.

Thanks for your responses guys. It is not framed, but has been kept sealed up for some years - Photo attached. (Bad picture sorry, but had to move the arms so you can see all the signatures)

The following players have signed it:

1. John Raper
  2. Reg Gasnier
  3. Eddie Lumsden
  4. Peter Bourke
  5. Keith Barnes
  6. Barry Muir
  7. Bob Bugden
  8. Harry Wells
  9. Noel Kelly
  10. Mark Harris
  11. Ian Walsh
  12. John Greaves
  13. Ron Coote
  14. Gary Parcell
  15. Brian Hambly
  16. Tony Brown
  17. Bill Delamare
  18. John Peard
  19. Terry Randall
  20. Bob McCarthy

We also have a stat dec confirming the signatures, but that no further authentication at this stage.

230DC3C4-FB1A-4898-8A16-7779492123F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Ron Coote didn’t debut for Australia until 67. I don’t think Hambly was playing for Australia in 67.

It wouldn’t be from a 1960 team, maybe a mixture of players from the 60’s on a much later jersey.

Hi all,

I appreciate the responses. Apologies if my post has caused any confusion, I can see now how the title may seem a little misleading. I wasn't expected much of a response when I threw this up quickly the other day - so let me provide some more context.

The stat dec we have signed, says that the signatures were obtained at a function at Stadium Australia, where former Australian players were invited. This was obviously some years ago. At this time they while there were gathered, the jumper was signed.

I hope I haven't pissed anyone off, but I appreciate the responses/feedback.

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi Rob,

I certainly am not p'd off - you have a nice older jersey with some GREAT signatures on it!

Regards
Mike

Nice Jersey signed by plenty of the greats of the game.

I was hoping to see a 60s Kangaroos jersey as that certainly would have been something to see and petty hard to price.

I think these types of composite items don't attract as much buyer excitement as a specific touring team, player issue or games used jersey does and I would think if you could get $1000 for it you would be doing very well. I actually think $500 would be a good sell.

Cheers
Ross

Back
Top Bottom