Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Pulled these myself, expected 3 x 10’s

Disappointing but oh well!

65551CB4-2E5E-4366-A212-E6D353B2C78D.jpeg
73FFAD0E-FFF2-4A73-9F30-78EA7C014339.jpeg
B06840E6-BBDC-49FD-A11D-7B467ACFB26C.jpeg

We're only human, pretty sure the whole grading process is still fairly subjective, rumour is PSA is getting a bit more picky about what they hand a PSA 10 out to these days.

They really ought to start issuing 9.5s - maybe resub to BGS if you're that confident - put your skills to the test!

We're only human, pretty sure the whole grading process is still fairly subjective, rumour is PSA is getting a bit more picky about what they hand a PSA 10 out to these days.

They really ought to start issuing 9.5s - maybe resub to BGS if you're that confident - put your skills to the test!

maybe it was centering - I'll have to get one of those centering tools

maybe it was centering - I'll have to get one of those centering tools

There's an app called Dead Center which is quite good as a purpose built centering tool (when it works properly) but is still quite buggy to say the least. It;s free to donwload and use so you won't be losing anything by giving it a shot.

Annoying.

Just a question, how did tou get these graded? I have seen Cherry are offering grading for $420 per card only.

these were back at the $25 per card level 13 months ago or whatever it was , I’ve also got a few at $50 and $150 per card due back in the coming months but I do all mine through here:

https://thehobby.com.au/

Do you get any sort of feedback from them as to why they gave a 9?
No report page sent back with graded cards, considering how much they charge for the honour, would be a nice touch.

Nope - wouldn’t be hard to implement either, I scanned the barcode to add to my psa set registry app and added pics etc so they could just have it in there, visible when you scan the barcode. easy

I don't think I have the eye to pick the difference between a 9 and 10 myself, but at least you did land a 10.

I think this is really the crux of the matter — none of us have "the eye" to perfectly know a 10 when we get a card and quite frankly the graders don't either.

As mentioned above it is all subjective. Especially hard to know what the grader was seeing/thinking with PSA given they do not provide sub-grades.

Back
Top Bottom