The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Blake and Jamison have played really well the last couple. I'd like to see Jamison start in place of Gasol til Gasol is fully fit but he gives us a nice kick off the bench.

Another good win this time without Kobe! Still makes u wonder how much damage they can do with Gasol due back in about a week and i'd say Kobe the same. 10-15 games back together and then having Clarks energy off the bench with Meeks shooting and Blakes good alround play. Loved seeing the shared scoring today.

Metta 22
Clark 11
Dwight 12 and 17 boards + 5 blocks
Meeks 6
Nash 19 and 12 dimes
Jamison 27 and 9 boards
Blake 16 5 boards and 8 assists
Looks like the Lakers are warming up... :thumbsup:

Lakers havin a shocker today, cant hit a thing and Suns hitting everything. Jamison came back to earth quickly with 3 points on 1-6 shooting in 23 minutes so far. No one else much better

Metta 3-14 1-7 3's for 7 points
Clark 2-5 for 4 points
Dwight 6-18 for 16 points
Meeks 3-9 8 points
Nash 6-16 for 19 points and only 2 assists

Dwight is actually shooting better from the FT line! Yes u read that right 4-5 80% from the strip but 6-18 from the floor for 33%

Wow when Scola is hitting 3's its time to go home!

Mike D'Antoni: No one player at fault ----- Why not take full responsibility for not being able to get your players to play defense the whole game?

With Kobe/Artest/Pau and Howard (how many times DPOY?) replacing Bynum at Center, this should be a good defensive team.

With your team leading by 18 points, its your job to keep on reminding your players to stay focus and to continue to play D while you're in the game. And not when the game is lost...

This is not just a regular season lost to the lowly Wizards but its a game that could separate you to the Jazz and now Dallas as well... :crazy:

Anyway, just my opinion...

26WS.jpg

After starting to look good we have now done a 180 turn and almost looked the worst we have all year. Losing to the Suns and Wizards and now getting pounded by the Warriors its not look great for us to hang onto that 8th seed with a tough last 3 games of the season we need to pull our fingers out. I know Gasol is only just back and we havent really had a healthy line up of Dwight, Gasol, Metta, Kobe and Nash running plays together but we dont have much time to figure it out. Not looking good at all.

Did I read this right? Metta had no rebounds today? For me, that basically sums up our issues - not blaming Metta - i just find inconsistent effort on 'D' is soooo frustrating to watch. Refocus please.

For me Kobe needs to keep dishing those assists and Dwight needs to show us Superman. Gasol gets fitter and hopefully can work in with Dwight otherwise i think we need to move him cos we can build a team around Gasol and Kobes almost done.

Lakers actually got 7th and V Spurs. I think we r a better match up against the Spur rather than the Thunder. Still as Norm said its gonna be hard without Kobe but stranger things have happened.

Lakers actually got 7th and V Spurs. I think we r a better match up against the Spur rather than the Thunder. Still as Norm said its gonna be hard without Kobe but stranger things have happened.

You're definitely better off playing the Spurs. I honestly think OKC would have swept, maybe 4-1 at best.

Spurs vs L.A, classic match up, gonna be tough.

Howard has carried the Magic to the finals - lets hope he can recapture that form and carry the lakers. Maybe, just maybe, if Pau continues to play like he has started to they can do some damage. Looking forward to this series

Time to revive this old chestnut. What are your thoughts so far this season?

I dont really see anything different from last season really. Offence is OK but our D still sucks big time. We are 1 of the better scoring teams in the league which isnt to bad considering Kobe so far has been horrible and Russell hasnt done anything that makes him even look like a late first rounder so far. I can really only see upside for us but it will be another looong season. There has already been talk of LA tanking to grab Simmons which would really boost us next year if we could get him and have Kobe off the books with room for 2 max players.

1 thing i dont really understand is us keeping Metta (which i do like his leadership and mentoring) but he isnt getting played so why wouldnt they have kept Upshaw and see if we can grow him. Metta was a 1 year player at best and altho i didnt mind the move unless they really thought we would be pushing for a playoff spot then we should have stayed with the youth movement with the idea of bringing in a star or 2 next season to go along with these young guys with 1 more season under their belts.

I think we are awful on offense and defense. I watched the first three games and will be watching today's game tonight. So many bad shots being taken offensively and on defense almost everyone is MIA. We're headed to the lottery again, there's no cohesion and no chemistry.

Metta is strictly there to mentor Randle, that's all. No more, no less.

I think we are awful on offense and defense. I watched the first three games and will be watching today's game tonight. So many bad shots being taken offensively and on defense almost everyone is MIA. We're headed to the lottery again, there's no cohesion and no chemistry.

Metta is strictly there to mentor Randle, that's all. No more, no less.
You watch your games on league pass? if so have u had any problems? I brought the Lakers games and am yet to be able to watch 1 game cos it always says technical difficulties and they are all unavailable for me

Back
Top Bottom