The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

It's in the books, 7 and 0. Can't wait for saturdays game, Detroit can't handle this, not this soon after the trade and definitely not in LA, we'll murder them on the boards no matter where it is...

Yea i cant wait for friday night see my boy tayshaun i think we'll win that one this one we almost blew it i was getting mad during the end but we came out with the W

Well after the game against Detriot, The Lakers will be much better prepared on D...They exploited our D bigtime!!
With abit of luck going Detriot's way with shots falling and the such, were abit unlucky to lose that one..

Now lets see how the boys go today against the young Bulls...
They have a nice stretch in the next 7-10 games all bout 1 @ i think!!

Lets go LAKERS!!!!

Nice win yesterday, didn't quite close it out as strong as I thought they could have, and how sloppy was Odom getting fouled out that early? However, a win is a win and this one's in the books. Great game by Pau but then again who's gonna stop him in the Bulls line up?

Big test coming up tomorrow, on the road in Phoenix. They're 3 and 2 at home while we're currently 4 and 0 on the road. We haven't had a really big test road wise just yet (Boston, Cleveland, Utah etc await us), we did take care of Denver but that ain't saying a whole lot, Dallas without Howard and we managed to stay on top of New Orleans. Phoenix will be a little tougher but I think we'll get over the line, there's a rivalry there and hopefully the whole squad is ready to fire.

With a bit of luck I'll be home by 2:30 watching! :)

It's in the books, 7 and 0. Can't wait for saturdays game, Detroit can't handle this, not this soon after the trade and definitely not in LA, we'll murder them on the boards no matter where it is...

This is me EATING MY WORDS! :rolleyes:

ok, we got that first loss of the season but I think we've bounced back nicely. Something I was looking for on Youtube from the game vs Chicago was Farmars block. You can see it below at 2mins 28 seconds. The spectacular thing about it and what you don't see in this clip is he catually had the ball picked from him, but didn't give up, got back on D and denied that sucker. If you don't like that... you get the point!!! This is our future starting point man at his best, I'm proud to be a Farmar fan the way he's stepping it up this season.

Pay close attention to the defensive stops aswell as the unselfish assists, we're firing on both ends boys and to quote Al Pacino in Donnie Brasco; "That's a beatiful Thing"! ;)

[youtube]oIAzCQ6OF9A[/youtube]

On to todays game and I'm amped with the results. We got the Dub on the boards, I didn't think it would come so easily but it's done, 6 Lakers in double figures while Kobe struggles with FG percentage with a quiet 24, 3 bench and 3 starters evening the scoring table. That's the difference between this season and last season, last on any given night we could expect 4 to 5. With it so spread out now, and a number of players stepping up when Kobe is off - anything is possible. Lamar coming off the bench, our second team this strong, only the Lakers can beat the Lakers!

We've got 5 home games coming up; Dnever, Sacramento, New Jersey, Dallas and Toronto. My motto has always been one game at a time, but right now, as long as they don't take it easy and get ahead of themselves, like I said, the only team that can beat us is us.

Bring on Denver - AI, Chauney - whatever! We always beat the Nuggets! :p

Another strong win at home, another win over the Nuggets and Luke Walton get's the crowd their Tacco's - Gotta love that!

Highlights below;

[youtube]eZ6-S4ALXEg[/youtube]

too dominant... they have to bench kobe for the first half to even things up

Well a solid effort against the Nuggets....Goood to see our bench stepping up...
Odom has down a great job for us coming off the bench!!
As has Farmar gonna do an excellent job when Fisher steps aside!!!

The thing that still amazes me is the Rad-Man is still in the Starting Line-Up??
I Mean surely the Lakers staff could find a better Foward??
Your thoughts???

Anyways Bring on the Nets hopefully we can breeze through this game with Kobe on the Bench for the 4TH and get our 12 W for the season!!!

1 question i have tho, why is Odom coming off the bench? I think he should be starting at the SF position. He does fit in well with the second unit but isnt he better all round than radmanovic apart for 3pters? Good to see the second unit playing well tho, Farmar has been sharp and Ariza has been doing real well. Sitting at 12-1 now bring on Boston, Cleveland etc to see where we really are.

The thing that still amazes me is the Rad-Man is still in the Starting Line-Up??
I Mean surely the Lakers staff could find a better Foward??
Your thoughts???

Yep they definitey could find a betteer forward but I'm liking the line up so far. With all the height in the paint we're doing well on boards, Radman isn't the biggest offensive threat, he has the ability to knock down the tre and even then it's hit and miss. But he is doing the little things on defense that go unnoticed. He still gets lost from time to time, sometimes you laugh sometimes you cry. That's just Vlade!

Farmar took everyone to school tonight! 18,4,5 in only 24 min, and the win! Nice work Farm!!!

Man I'm so happy with this kids play right now! He dominiated against the Nets yesterday. One of the commentators said, 'J Farm plays like he thinks he is the best Laker out there', and that's a huge reason for his success so far, the confidence, the extra hustle and the extra work he's putting in mentally and physically off the court and the hard yards he put in throughout the off season. :D

1 question i have tho, why is Odom coming off the bench? I think he should be starting at the SF position. He does fit in well with the second unit but isnt he better all round than radmanovic apart for 3pters? Good to see the second unit playing well tho, Farmar has been sharp and Ariza has been doing real well. Sitting at 12-1 now bring on Boston, Cleveland etc to see where we really are.

With Lamar coming off the bench there's less pressure on him to perform, and he's stepping up to the challenge in my opinion. His rebounds and assists are down but he's still making an impact with the second team and their run the floor style, I think he's better suited for that and that's a big reason we're winning games in the third quarter, the second team. Offensively, with Drew, Pau, Kobe and Fish you'd be wasting Lamars offensive presence in the starting 5, just like last season, he was too inconsistent. I think they've finally found a place for him and it's good to see, I thought he'd be gone after last season unfortunately.

12 and 1 - Let the good times roll!!! :thumbsup:

Fisher should just stay down the offensive end. It seems thats all he cares about. His foot speed and body positioning on the D end has been piss poor so far today.

Bynum has soft hands but the Lakers seem to constantly play their game at all costs.

Fisher should just stay down the offensive end. It seems thats all he cares about. His foot speed and body positioning on the D end has been piss poor so far today.

Bynum has soft hands but the Lakers seem to constantly play their game at all costs.

He could step it up on the defensive and he's getting it done on the offensive either way. 6 of 9 from the field and 2 for 2 from downtown...

Shutting down Dirk and letting Wright run amok defeats the purpose though, I hear what you're saying. We've kept Dirk quiet, Wrights 18 tonight ain't gonna cut it I believe. Third quarter is where we win games, but tonight it'll get done in the fourth; this one ain't over. Bynum's doing pretty good; 14 and 8 in the third, but the bench hasn't come through just yet and that's the difference. If/when they come in and make an impact in the next 6 minutes we'll be right back in there.

How blessed we are to have a Celtic fan come in and grace us with his presence! ;) :v:

Well it was a great game for me to watch with Marc Jackson and co calling the Celts the best team in the NBA at the moment LOL

Ahh I'm a funny troll...

There is certainly a difference in the way the western conf and eastern conf's go about things. Only days away from the showdown we wanted. The Lakers need to turn it up on the defensive end to beat us and Fisher isn't going to get the looks he did today basically taking him out of the game if he doesn't score and can't play D.

Still the fun is 60+ games away for the two of us.

Well it was a great game for me to watch with Marc Jackson and co calling the Celts the best team in the NBA at the moment LOL

Ahh I'm a funny troll...

There is certainly a difference in the way the western conf and eastern conf's go about things. Only days away from the showdown we wanted. The Lakers need to turn it up on the defensive end to beat us and Fisher isn't going to get the looks he did today basically taking him out of the game if he doesn't score and can't play D.

Still the fun is 60+ games away for the two of us.

Mate you're not a troll, you're just a one eyed, faker hating, Smeltic fan! ;) :lol:

Anyway, we got it done... Averaging 117 points for and 92 points against, the best record in the NBA. The defense doesn't always show up consistently but the dubs are stacking up and the offense is just too much, even when Kobe is off. That's the special thing about the Lakers in 2008/09 and that's the Laker team I'm loving the most out of the last 4 seasons. Letting them over 100 shows we failed in a sense, too true. Would love it if we we were 100% consistent on both ends and that will come throughout the season but right now all that matters is W's, we've got 6 straight - hopefully another coming when we host the Raps next week! :p

The proof is in the pudding;

NBA Basketball Statistics and League Leaders - National Basketball Association - ESPN

We're outscoring the Celtics, we're holding teams to the same scoring average, we are outrebounding on both ends, we are getting more steals and last but not least.... we have the better record. :)

All in all, it' still early days. Less than a quarter way through the season and it's only going to get tougher the deeper we get.

Bring on Boxing Day!!! :woot:

Now... On the lighter side, some more Machine Videos!!!

You can catch the originals here;

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/forum/entertainment/32051-machine.html

[youtube]XwTDPvXszhw[/youtube]

[youtube]6FLgNogO53c[/youtube]

It's all funny when you watch but I wish this dude wasn't so 1 dimensional. If he could mold himself on a Steve Kerr kind of game play, he'd be so much more effective. I guess hollywood does that to you! :D

Back
Top Bottom